New Member Introductions New to Maxima.org? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum!

Newb from NOVA

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 02:14 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Newb from NOVA

Greetings and Happy New Year from NOVA (Northern Va).
Recently acquired a 2000 Infiniti I30T w/ 164K, so of course I stumbled upon this site b/c of Google searches on the IAC, ECM, MAF, and motor mount etc, etc issues which mine is now exhibiting. I'm a complete newbie to this vehicle and want to keep the expenditures low, gain a bit of knowledge and learn some do-it-myself stuff along the way,... that's why I'm here. Thank you to the admins, mods and other powers-that-be for establishing the site and making it useful for others like me.

Cheers-
8xlaxx
Old 01-02-2018, 05:18 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Both of my I30 original, Nissan hood struts were completely shot and I am using a 2X4 to prop the hood open. Big thanks to member DennisMik for suggesting the Strong Arm lift struts! I ordered a pair from Amazon tonight. The price for the pair with shipping was cheaper than 1 strut from Advance Auto Parts, so thank you for saving me some cash. I am liking this site already!

I have ordered a Hitachi IAC and a Hitachi TB Sensor with a FEL-PRO TB mounting gasket. I have not pulled the ECM yet to see if chip is blown.

My negative battery cable terminal has a catastrophic crack and is rusted, it slides off the (-) battery pole with ease. Could someone please suggest a proper replacement that will work?