New Member Introductions New to Maxima.org? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum!

2001 maxima

Old 04-02-2018, 07:36 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

2001 maxima

Hello I'm having trouble getting some answers to fix brake light and shift lock issues.have done many searches and bought manual.but cant get specific questions answered.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

???

Originally Posted by Cederbergb
Hello I'm having trouble getting some answers to fix brake light and shift lock issues.have done many searches and bought manual.but cant get specific questions answered.
Sombody replied but not on this thread.
Cant figure out where the wires are tied in but if i run a power wire from another source to the supply at switch i can get lights to work and shift lock works as it should.so problem must be in harness or plug up behind fuse box some where.wire at switch is red with strip but the fuse kills a brown wire on back of fuse box so i dont know how to trace the red strip wire back thru the pile of plugs under there.maybe there is more than one fuse for brake sytem??
Old 04-04-2018, 05:42 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Still no help

Originally Posted by Cederbergb
Sombody replied but not on this thread.
Cant figure out where the wires are tied in but if i run a power wire from another source to the supply at switch i can get lights to work and shift lock works as it should.so problem must be in harness or plug up behind fuse box some where.wire at switch is red with strip but the fuse kills a brown wire on back of fuse box so i dont know how to trace the red strip wire back thru the pile of plugs under there.maybe there is more than one fuse for brake sytem??
Ok guys was hoping for some knowledgable help here.am i posting in the right area?this brake switch power must go thru some additional relays or something .abs??? Traction control???