New Member Introductions New to Maxima.org? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum!

Long time Nissan buyer/first time Maxima owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 07:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Long time Nissan buyer/first time Maxima owner

I am new here, and wanted to say hello. I bought my first Nissan in 1990 ( a 1984 Nissan 4x4 King Cab), and have had several used Hard Bodies, and one New 2007 Titan lifted a Nissan Dealership when new. I just bought a 1 owner 2014 Nissan Maxima SV with Sport Package, and NAV. Has low 34,000 miles. Was "old man owned", according to my local Nissan dealer where the guy had car dealer serviced. I got a great deal on car at $17,000. On the 3rd day of ownership, the car started slipping, or jerking, on take off from a dead stop. It then went away. I drove the car a week more, and it came back very bad, and often. I took it to Nissan dealer a week ago where it is collecting dust in front of their shop. They told me today the CVT Transmission went out / went bad. They said they got approval from Nissan to replace CVT trans under warranty. I had them pull the service history from when first owner had car serviced there. It was perfect with all 3,000 mile oil changes on time, then at 28,000 miles in Aug 2017 a new CVT was put in under factory warranty. The car is now at just under 35,000 miles and the CVT trans is shot again?? I've been doing a lot of web reading, and seen a lot of bad reports on Nissan CVT transmissions. I love this car, and refuse to just trade it away due to this. I joined this site hoping to get better knowledge of my car and its CVT trans and wondering if there is a kit to improve the CVT. I see the new Maxima has a updated CVT. Is it a better CVT than my 2014 design? Does the new CTV work in the old 2014 car? I will look and study the info on this site. Any and all info on this CVT trouble I'm having will be appreciated. Thank You.