New Member Introductions New to Maxima.org? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum!

Hello, 18 Max Plat here.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 07:45 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hello, 18 Max Plat here.

Just want to introduce myself here. Last week I purchased a CPO 18 Maxima with 11k miles on it. Car is in great shape and I really like the look and feel of it. I was almost deadset on getting a new Avalon and came about an inch away from buying one until I found out that on top of the cost of the new car, I was obligated to pay monthly for remote start if I wanted that option on the car. Yea that's not gonna happen, so I switched gears and started looking online at the Maxima, reviews were good with the exception of a few CVT problems, test drove one, found out that the 16s and 19s were just about the same car so I searched for about a month before finding one with everything I wanted, albeit 3.5 hours away. But it was worth it.

Anyway, first and foremost, these halogen fog lights and rear brake/turn signals have to go. I have read that Maximas have a canbus system and that I would need a resistor or a bulb with a built in resistor, and I haven't seen much on the forums in relation to people using a bulb with a built in resistor. Has anyone used these and had success? https://www.carid.com/lumen/lumen-st...s-3659427.html

Thanks for having me on the thread. I have learned quite a bit digging around on here.