New Member Introductions New to Maxima.org? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum!

Greetings from the great white North

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 07:15 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Greetings from the great white North

Hey everyone. I just took delivery of my first Maxima today, a fairly good condition '05 SE w/ 5spd automatic (my left knee is bum from hockey so don't judge!). I've had other Nissans before, but I have to say this is by far the nicest.

It's got 121,500 KMs, I'm in reality the 2nd owner (it changed hands from 1st owner to an independent dealer, and then to me). There's a few quirks with it that needs to get sorted but overall for having had it for less than a day, it's been quite good and fun to drive.

There is some very slight surface rust on the driver side rear door sill, and a tiny bit on the edge of the drivers rear quarter that will need to be taken care of. The passenger side view mirror motor is a little dodgy, the transmission exhibits a strange downshift that's very noticeable between 1000 and 2000 RPM when going at slow speeds (about 20-25 km/h) and a noticeable in cabin vibration when sitting idle at an intersection.

The latter I'm sure is one or more of the electronic motor mounts have probably seen better days, which is to be expected on a 15 year old car. I have designs to replace them with solid insert mounts and forego the electronic damping (I prefer a bit of a stiffer ride anyway).

Plans for the car are not a whole lot, maybe some suspension work to stiffen things up, lower the front by maybe 0.5-1 inch or so just to clean up the annoying gap disparity, light tint all around (50% or so), some better brake pads and brake lines, and maybe some exhaust work to get a little rumble, but don't want anything ricey or cheap sounding (what are peoples opinions on the Manzo cat back for < 500 CAD on eBay?). Other than the cat back I know there are some high flow pre-cats and a Y-pipe from Racing Line. Might do a CAI just because I've kind of always done one on all of my cars, and I just prefer the aesthetic more than anything.

As for tuning, I see there are limited options, I see a Bully Dog tuner and a JET Performance product. Opinions on those?

Otherwise this car is just going to be a normal get around town family car that will have a healthy Sound Quality stereo installed into it at the end of March, so stay tuned for a build log on that

Old 02-26-2020, 09:06 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Looks nice!
Old 04-22-2020, 08:10 AM

Looks very good!! LOVE THE SNOW