New Member Introductions New to Maxima.org? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum!

New Member with a ac problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2022, 12:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

New Member with a ac problem

Hi there, new to this forum and didnt know how to post a question anywhere else.

I have a 2008 Nissan Maxima. Living in Texas it gets hot and a couple months the AC is just had a mind of its own. The fans blow, but the air is hot sometimes, and sometimes it blows just fine. Its almost like a gamble on whether it will work or not at this point. Not sure why this is happening. When it is later in the day OR at night the ac has no problem blowing cool air. Tryna figure out the issue before my kids go back to school, dont want them in the heat on the drive to and from school. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-28-2022, 08:44 AM

Where in Texas are you? The A/C on my 2002 Maxima had a dead compressor when I got it. What you describe is a system that's leaking freon. I had my A/C restored at Autoclima Covarrubia in Piedras Negras, across the border from Eagle Pass: $240 labor. The quote from a Texas shop was $1050 just for the labor. Don't try to pursue a "quick fix" unless you want to make multiple failed attempts to fix it. Don't by cheap parts; insist on name brands. Get Nissan branded if you can, otherwise get the best that they sell at NAPA auto parts. Avoid Auto Zone or Advance or O'Reilly. Beware of shops that buy low end parts then charge you for high end parts.
Old 07-28-2022, 09:01 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by 2002SEMT
Where in Texas are you? The A/C on my 2002 Maxima had a dead compressor when I got it. What you describe is a system that's leaking freon. I had my A/C restored at Autoclima Covarrubia in Piedras Negras, across the border from Eagle Pass: $240 labor. The quote from a Texas shop was $1050 just for the labor. Don't try to pursue a "quick fix" unless you want to make multiple failed attempts to fix it. Don't by cheap parts; insist on name brands. Get Nissan branded if you can, otherwise get the best that they sell at NAPA auto parts. Avoid Auto Zone or Advance or O'Reilly. Beware of shops that buy low end parts then charge you for high end parts.
thanks for replying, im from Houston. I had the compressor changed out about a year ago. And i have gone to the ac check spot this june and they told me it was a leak in the discharge hose. Bought the hose and the ac cooled for about 3 days and then went back to the off and on cooling again
Old 08-04-2022, 04:31 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

So, this past weekend we had some unfortunate news. On top of the Maxima's ac issue. Our Chevy Avalanche gave out on us at the beach. Found out it needs a new fuel pump. However, my husband tried a Hail Mary and bought a can of freon to see if it was maybe just low. But It would not take it kept reading full but during that time he did release some air/pressure (sorry not sure of the term) when he was removing the freon applicator. Now for some reason our ac has been cooling everyday. It does still take a little while to crank up to cold but it isnt turning on and off randomly.