4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Fuel filter changing HELP ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 08:42 AM

Fuel filter changing HELP ASAP

just wanted to know what fuse is it i have to pull so i can relieve pressure in the lines, the stickies are all busted up and some links arent working. motorvate just has a cutout of the fuel filter itself.

what is the fuse for the fuel pump???
Old 05-04-2005, 08:45 AM

if you go inside your car under the steering wheel in that fuse boxi believe its # 32 or 33 should say fuel something anyway its located there so just look around and your sure too find it top hose is a pain bottom comes out pretty quick just did mine 2 weeks ago
Old 05-04-2005, 08:59 AM

thats the thing, i lost the pannel, i dont know what is what, IIRC its a blue fuse. i did this about a year to 14 months ago so im hoping the tubes on the filter are still kinda loose, not as tight as before, it was a uber bish the first time, i almost ripped the tube in half.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:17 AM

mine it was such a painof pulling finally took a flathead screwdriver put it underneath the and slightly twisted it going up not too much to rip but just to give me some room and after some more pulling it finally came off bottom was no problem at all
Old 05-04-2005, 09:19 AM
Disco Biscuit

Easiest way to change our filters with with a pair of needle nose pliers. You cant pull the tubing off, since it then acts like chinese fingercuffs. If you slide the needlenose in you can use it to push the hose off the nipple....
Old 05-04-2005, 11:04 AM
VK56 Inside

I had to cut the bottom hose just below the filter nipple. It was literally bonded to the filter. Luckily there is enough slack left that the hose still made a good connection.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Paradox Systems Vendor

lmao, dang when i intalled my nitrous and fuel filter, way back when, i didnt pull that fuse...guess it explains that last surge huh? but wait i disconnected the neg terminal n e way...ah well whatever, glad u got it off....
Old 05-04-2005, 12:40 PM

well since i couldnt find the panel for the fuse cover i drove over to this used car dealership by my house and pretended like i was looking at this 97 maxima, i looked at the panel and saw which fuse it was, its the only blue fuse on that row of fuses. lol the salesman was lookin at me like "do you want to trade maximas", he said he would do an even trade, jus pay for the paperwork. i told him all the stuff i had on my car and asked if i can swap it wit the new car, he said no. it was a silver 5spd gxe, kinda beat up with 170,xxx miles. way more than what i have. kinda tempting but id have to start all over, may need new sesors, axles, tune up....jus not worth it.

well anyway back to the tune up after i figured the fuse, everything went smoothly, the hoses were much easier than the last time, (i put a lil grease on the nipple last time) so i guessed it helped this time around. it gave a lil fight but i had it all off in about 2 mins.

this time i decided to go with the 300zx filter which was much bigger, it took a lil playin with it to get it to snap into te holder, it would snap in and snap right back out, but i bent the holder a lil and now it fits nice and snug. i hope it is worth the extra 5 bux ad filters a lil better, and lasts a lil longer than the maxima filter. its a purolator filter btw.

well besides the filter i cleaned the TB, added seafoam in the tank, and into the brake booster line, white smoke rocks!!!! also did a lil washing, ill wax tomorow.

ill be changing oil on friday, change plugs when they ship in, and change coolant as soon as i can get another drain plug (i jus broke the one on the car)

thanx for the help guys, the car feels alot better.