Nitrous Discuss dry, wet, and direct port nitrous setups. How many shots can you handle?

Upgrade Question??

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 10:51 AM

Upgrade Question??

How much should it cost to upgrade from 50shot to 80shot?
What would I need to keep safe?

Thanks
Old 11-19-2002, 11:19 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Well you will need a .042 nitrous jet and at a minimum I would suggest an upgraded fuel pump either from www.forcedperformance.net (thanks delio) orwww.autoperformanceengineering.com it's $118 shipped. Get FPD006, it says it's for an Eclipse, but that's the 255lph fuel pump that works for the Max. It's a direct fit, you won't need anything with it except a new cover plate gasket for your fuel tank. If you don't already have them, you should also get a Full sweep fuel pressure gauge, an EGT gauge, a bottle heater, and a nitrous pressure gauge. All of those will be instrumental in helping you to tune your car to run nitrous safely. You can get the gauges at www.summitracing.com www.gruppe-s.com or check out ebay motors for the best prices. You should already be running 1 step colder plugs, and you will want to have the plug gap at roughly .036-.038. Hope this helps.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:46 AM

This really helps, great info.
Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by mtrai760
Well you will need a .042 nitrous jet and at a minimum I would suggest an upgraded fuel pump from www.autoperformanceengineering.com it's $118 shipped. Get FPD006, it says it's for an Eclipse, but that's the 255lph fuel pump that works for the Max. It's a direct fit, you won't need anything with it except a new cover plate gasket for your fuel tank. If you don't already have them, you should also get a Full sweep fuel pressure gauge, an EGT gauge, a bottle heater, and a nitrous pressure gauge. All of those will be instrumental in helping you to tune your car to run nitrous safely. You can get the gauges at www.summitracing.com www.gruppe-s.com or check out ebay motors for the best prices. You should already be running 1 step colder plugs, and you will want to have the plug gap at roughly .036-.038. Hope this helps.
Old 11-19-2002, 07:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Matt...

Another source for the Walbro GSS342 would be www.forcedperformance.net they are based out of Austin, and actually a little cheaper than the site you mentioned, since DeMax is in Austin (or was in Austin?) He may be able to do local pickup. Also Dalton at Lightning Motorsports has a great deal on em too.

De-Max... I know your from Austin cause we met when I was down there on a business trip a couple of years ago, but I doubt you remember my associate and I

-Del
Old 11-20-2002, 07:33 AM

Finding the jet is going to prove harder than paying for it. Normally speed shops don't normally carry a huge inventory of assorted jets, but they are probably going to be the best source to find one.

Don't forget to also consider colder spark plugs. 1 step colder NGK coppers are a good/inexpensive choice. The rule of thumb is 1 step for ea/50 shot, so at 75/80 shot you should have 1 step colder plugs.

The least expensive and most efficient way to get where you want to go:
1. Fuel pump
2. spark plugs
3. jet(s)
4. gauges
Old 11-20-2002, 07:37 AM

Thanks

Originally posted by JAIMECBR900
Finding the jet is going to prove harder than paying for it. Normally speed shops don't normally carry a huge inventory of assorted jets, but they are probably going to be the best source to find one.

Don't forget to also consider colder spark plugs. 1 step colder NGK coppers are a good/inexpensive choice. The rule of thumb is 1 step for ea/50 shot, so at 75/80 shot you should have 1 step colder plugs.

The least expensive and most efficient way to get where you want to go:
1. Fuel pump
2. spark plugs
3. jet(s)
4. gauges
Old 11-20-2002, 07:58 AM

Originally posted by De Max
Thanks

Welcome.