Nitrous Discuss dry, wet, and direct port nitrous setups. How many shots can you handle?

New To No2

Old 10-19-2006, 11:20 PM

New To No2

I have read through the facts and stuff, and i still cant find a good answer. maybe im not looking hard enough.

I recently picked up a ZEX "dry" No2 kit for $50 from a local that totalled his max. I have....Zex managment unit, hosing, wires, Nitrous nozzle.

I know I need the jets, Bottle, and misc. mounting and hardware. Do I need a WOT switch. And if I get a dry kit do I have to change my fuel regulator???

sorry for the stupid questions, I actually just became intrested in nitrous tonight when I picked this deal up.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by maxima_kenny96
I have read through the facts and stuff, and i still cant find a good answer. maybe im not looking hard enough.

I recently picked up a ZEX "dry" No2 kit for $50 from a local that totalled his max. I have....Zex managment unit, hosing, wires, Nitrous nozzle.

I know I need the jets, Bottle, and misc. mounting and hardware. Do I need a WOT switch. And if I get a dry kit do I have to change my fuel regulator???

sorry for the stupid questions, I actually just became intrested in nitrous tonight when I picked this deal up.
Yes you need a WOT switch. I am not familiar with Zex or their dry system, but I do no think you would have to change the fuel pressure regulator, do you also have the nitrous solonoid? and what HP shot are you looking to spray? it is alway recommended that if you spray above 75shot that you go with a Wet kit.. might be too late since u already have the zex dry.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:51 PM
Turbo 3.5

Originally Posted by maxima_kenny96

I have a zex dry kit on my car a 82011. use do not need to change your fpr or get a wot switch. the zex management unit has a switch built into it, you just take the white wire and tie it into your tps voltage wire. spice the vacuum line from your fpr run 1 end into the zex box and the from the zex box back to the other half of the vac line. run your nitrous line to the bottle, and so forth
Old 10-21-2006, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by t6378tp
I have a zex dry kit on my car a 82011. use do not need to change your fpr or get a wot switch. the zex management unit has a switch built into it, you just take the white wire and tie it into your tps voltage wire. spice the vacuum line from your fpr run 1 end into the zex box and the from the zex box back to the other half of the vac line. run your nitrous line to the bottle, and so forth
so the managment unit actually uses the tps signal to spray at WOT? goodthing you verified that, like i said im not familiar with zex.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Under the radar

heres a quick question to add to the mix of things, ive also been interested if it could be done. and by no means am i trying to jack the thread but could install a dry kit and later upgrade to a wet, or do you have to start over from scratch. i have a wet nx kit btw so this is purely for the info.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Max_Out
heres a quick question to add to the mix of things, ive also been interested if it could be done. and by no means am i trying to jack the thread but could install a dry kit and later upgrade to a wet, or do you have to start over from scratch. i have a wet nx kit btw so this is purely for the info.
Yes you can but its not worth it when you plan to go with wet in the future, why not just go wet from the start and save headaces.?
Old 10-22-2006, 04:55 AM
Turbo 3.5

Originally Posted by streetzlegend
so the managment unit actually uses the tps signal to spray at WOT? goodthing you verified that, like i said im not familiar with zex.
yes you have the program the zex box to learn the voltage curve of the tps and when you activate teh system it will only spray whatever voltage the tps reads at wot

let me know when you hook everything up, I took my car to the track with a 50shot but they were only running 1/8mile due to the wind, my nitrous run was a full second faster than n/a with only a 50shot, but I think the n/a run could have been alot better
Old 10-22-2006, 04:58 AM
Turbo 3.5

Originally Posted by streetzlegend
Yes you can but its not worth it when you plan to go with wet in the future, why not just go wet from the start and save headaces.?
correct you can buy if you have a zex kit you will have to get a whole new zex box there is no upgrade, but if you have nos or nx your just adding another solinod
Old 10-22-2006, 06:18 AM
fwd gone rwd cr00

it's n2o btw..
Old 10-30-2006, 01:05 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by tavarish
it's n2o btw..

N2O

Nitrous Oxide