Nitrous Discuss dry, wet, and direct port nitrous setups. How many shots can you handle?

building my setup, anything im missing?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 06:03 PM

building my setup, anything im missing?

currentyl i only have a $440 nx kit laying around. im gonna get allt he parts together over winter and install when spring comes around. this is what im thinking. just wanna make sure im not missing anything.

-fully maintained 00 Maxima 5spd- $??? TCO
-75wet kit $440 TCO
-afpr $100ish TCO installed
-Wabro 255 $100 TCO installed
-Zetronic wideband w/EGT $500ish TCO
-maximixer 2 $550-700
-purge kit $100ish
-Remote opener $200ish
-bottle heater $150ish
-plugs, not sure on 1 or 2 steps colder, any input?

anything else i need, or should want,(window switches?) im new to n2o so im going to have a tuning shop by me do all the work. id prefer not to blow up myself or motor.

also since ill be in the market for all the above things, if ur selling let me know.

hopefully ill have a working eu by then too, but its possible ill run without it for a while. so perhaps ill just use a safc2 for the time being

Thanks all
Old 11-01-2006, 09:49 PM

I suggest you do it yourself. You said you dont want to blow yourself up or motor lol. But for that same reason is why you should do all this yourself. Which means you have to start doing alot of reading and asking around how everything works. By knowing how everything works you can be more succesful than having a shop do it for you. Its YOUR car so why not know exacly whats going on when you use w/e you install. I belive Jime is still selling his maximizer so contact him. Also yes you want to get a window switch so that if you hit your rev limiter ur nitrous wont be spraying and hurt ur motor. Go with 2 step colder always no matter the shot. Also on your sig is says ur pretty much stock. Hopefully you have a Ypipe at least, with nitrous the more exhaust flow there is the better it performs. dont run nitrous unless you already have boltons (ypipe, catback, or headers, etc...). Your not going to need a remote bottle opener unless your going to be racing on the street and want to open it at any given time. You need to purchase a gauge wether it be remotely mounted where u can see like on dash somewhere, or on the bottle. u need to kno the pressure at all times. Are you going to be building this setup for drag racing? if yes, purchase sticky tires (slicks!!) because 75 or above you basically wont have 1st gear. Hope this helps.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:14 AM
LandShark has Cosworth

Originally Posted by ColdSHO
currentyl i only have a $440 nx kit laying around. im gonna get allt he parts together over winter and install when spring comes around. this is what im thinking. just wanna make sure im not missing anything.

-fully maintained 00 Maxima 5spd- $??? TCO
-75wet kit $440 TCO
-afpr $100ish TCO installed
-Wabro 255 $100 TCO installed
-Zetronic wideband w/EGT $500ish TCO
-maximixer 2 $550-700
-purge kit $100ish
-Remote opener $200ish
-bottle heater $150ish
-plugs, not sure on 1 or 2 steps colder, any input?

anything else i need, or should want,(window switches?) im new to n2o so im going to have a tuning shop by me do all the work. id prefer not to blow up myself or motor.

also since ill be in the market for all the above things, if ur selling let me know.

hopefully ill have a working eu by then too, but its possible ill run without it for a while. so perhaps ill just use a safc2 for the time being

Thanks all
Wow - you're really going after this one, aren't you?? Good for you.

My opinion on a 75-shot: You only need:

fully maintained 00 Maxima 5spd- $??? TCO
-75wet kit $440 TCO
-purge kit $100ish (maybe with purple LEDS at the base)
-bottle heater $150ish
-plugs, 2 steps colder
And maybe for extra amusement and data: "-Zetronic wideband w/EGT $500ish TCO"

That's it. If you go higher, then the AFPR and Walbro 255. And a replacement exhaust system - no Y-pipe or headers - no nitrous....

Nobody talks much on this, but when you're running stock on the street, you don't need an EU or other management system - and when you run nitrous, that jetting rules your engine. You can tune with the nitrous jets and some A/F meter if you're nervous, but factory nitrous jetting is safe. You sure don't want to increase your spark advance either.

When you go beyond 75-shot, learn to read plugs, use 103/104 octane race fuel, shave the plug grounds, gap closer, and you're good to go - fast and safe.

"Be careful out there"

P.S. movie fun w/my Max:
http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...t=Dscn1368.flv
Old 11-02-2006, 01:00 PM
Under the radar

you sound like you have a great list going and are willing to spend the $ to do nitrous safely. I recommend that you get the window switch for oblivious reasons stated above, also above get the y-pipe, i didnt have my y-pipe installed when i first got nitrous now that i do, wow what a difference in the performance. if your doing a street application youd probably want the remote opener and bottle heater, and the gauge mounted on the bottle, also get a blow off tube (Safety first). if your doing the strip application id recommend you move the gauge to the dash and get a OBD2 scanner and reader, that shows you all kinds of stuff. http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/8426/ this is the one i have and it works great. hope you get what you need and build a seriously fast maxima.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:32 PM

im not stock, hence the little eyebrow guy, i have

y-pipe n highflow cat
hotshot headers i never installed, will be selling for cattmans
full frankencar catback
place racing cai with k&n
removed restrictor plate
act stage 1
fidanza flywheel
udp
raxles
full suspension including all es bushings and jic coilovers
z32/brembo/cobra bbk
enkie rp01s 17x8with 255/40/17s
full synthetic oil
syncomesh trans fluid
b&m sts with larrio bushing
all fluids flushed and changed
carbon hood n trunk, saved a lil weight, mainly just for looks tho
i know theres more, but i cant think of what i have done right now

ok so step 2 colder plugs seems to be recommended huh? any drivabliliy problems when not spraying?

i was under the impression that the maximizer came witha windowswitch like device, im incorrect in my assumpsion?

id rather be overbuilt than underbuilt.

any suggestiong on a guage, the more the merrier. also where did u guys mount urs?