Nitrous Discuss dry, wet, and direct port nitrous setups. How many shots can you handle?

Wideband 02, Really needed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Wideband 02, Really needed?

I am looking into a wet nitrous setup soon for my max and I was wondering if I really need a wide band O2. I'm on a budget and was thinking, properly sized jets for the injector and an in cabin electric FPG to ensure proper fuel pressure should have me running in a safe zone right? What if I ran a one sized bigger gas jet, practically ensuring that I'm running rich (with gas). What's the lowest a/f I can safely go to? I know I should get a wide band, and ultimately it might come to that, but I would like to keep the cost of this project in check for now.

Last edited by 92gxe/cg2; 03-16-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by 92gxe/cg2
I am looking into a wet nitrous setup soon for my max and I was wondering if I really need a wide band O2. I'm on a budget and was thinking, properly sized jets for the injector and an in cabin electric FPG to ensure proper fuel pressure should have me running in a safe zone right? What if I ran a one sized bigger gas jet, practically ensuring that I'm running rich (with gas). What's the lowest a/f I can safely go to? I know I should get a wide band, and ultimately it might come to that, but I would like to keep the cost of this project in check for now.
I ran nitrous for 3 years without a wideband and had no problems. The recommended jet sizing is already a tad on the rich side so I wouldn't richen it up any more.

My recommendation is for an NX setup because they have a lifetime warranty on the solenoids and I have dealt with them for years.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jime
I ran nitrous for 3 years without a wideband and had no problems. The recommended jet sizing is already a tad on the rich side so I wouldn't richen it up any more.

My recommendation is for an NX setup because they have a lifetime warranty on the solenoids and I have dealt with them for years.
If you wanna listen to someone this is def the man to listen to, he knows his stuff inside and out.. To add to his statement, I'm going on two years without a wideband and havent had any problems. I just now ordered a data logging wideband so you will be ok without one. And NX does back their stuff, doesnt matter if its brand new or you are the second or third owner they will warranty it I've had friends buy used kits and they sent the solenoids to them, they rebuilt them and sent them right back without any questions.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:20 PM

Alright thanks alot guys, i appreciate the help. I think i am going to run an RPM Swtich, Full Throttle switch, and use a FPG to monitor pressure and i should be good to go. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISSA...Q5fAccessories
This is a used kit but it has what im looking for, the window switch, switches, pressure guage, and its NX. Its cheap, i might go for it, what do you guys think?

Last edited by 92gxe/cg2; 03-17-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:41 AM

Looks ok, you may have to make a few trips to the hardware store to buy a few things that may not be included in the kit but other than that if you have any problems with the solenoids you can ship them down to Nitrous Express and they will rebuild them for you and send them back and if I remember correctly all you have to pay for is shipping which isnt that bad depending on where you live..
Old 03-19-2009, 06:38 PM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

I've gone through several bottles with no wideband, you just need to keep a check on your plugs (for detonation) and use the reccomended jets. If you don't get that on ebay (may get sniped), check out the setup I'm selling (general for sale forums) for pretty cheap, as well.