Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

(Autometer) Boost Guage Mounting Location

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 06:16 AM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

(Autometer) Boost Guage Mounting Location

I don't have my boost guage yet, so I don't know much about the connections needed.

I assume most people mount them in the A-piller. Is there any reason it couldn't be mounted in a DIN slot?

Does the guage use standard vacuum hose if you needed to extend the connection?
Old 02-10-2003, 06:27 AM

Hey, all you need for a boost gauge is power/ground (for light-up) and vacuum line, which yes, can be extended if needed.

As far as mounting location, many go the pillar route as it shows you right in your face without looking down or away from the road what boost you are running - especially nice on turbo where you vary the boost often. I personally do not like that look, where others can see your gauges - and wanted a "stock interior" look.. so I went a little different route. I removed my ashtray and put boost and a/f in place of it, behind black-tinted glass, so when they gauges are off, its just black there. When they are on , they shine right through. I went ahead and put dual turbo timer in the flip-compartment so I can close it, and you don't see that either then... here are a couple pics. You can see even my boost controller took the place of the cigarette lighter and is hard to notice if you aren't looking for it..

Everything off and closed:

Everything on (sorry a/f isn't lit up, im not running it)

HKS makes a 3gauge din panel, but I dont believe a two... I am not sure if other companies do, but I am sure there is one, or for that matter you could make one without too much difficulty.

Good luck!
Old 02-10-2003, 06:43 AM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by hlh0501
Hey, all you need for a boost gauge is power/ground (for light-up) and vacuum line, which yes, can be extended if needed.
Thanks! That's what I needed to know.