Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

VQ30 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 05:28 PM

VQ30 Questions

I have a 4th gen and i've been trying to find info on internal engine mods. I started in the 4th gen form and eventualy got sent here.

So do any of u guys use after market cams, heads, conecting rods, ect.?

Because so far the highest hp maxima i've seen on this site is 400hp. >>>> http://members.verizon.net/~vze4yqyk/Main.htm

Why can't we get more out of these 3L's? I've seen toyoda supra inline 6, 3L's with 700hp. So whats the major difference? Can we do this?

I just figured that internal engine parts would be the way to go.
I may be headed the wrong way, cause i'm kinda new but it doesn't seem any one else has tried this.

I've been told that JWT makes cams. Any one know the gains form these?
JWT also makes ecu upgrades but not for the 4th gen.
I haven't found any other internal upgrades.

Any body have any ideas?

I was also wondering if the VI is used on the 4 gen. What kind of gains are there from this?

Lastly what are the engine specs (or a link) for the VQ30? (Rod length, stroke, bore)
I think the stroke is only 3in. This would lead me to think that we can rev much higher than 7k? Just a thought.

Thanx, i'm srry if this seems like i don't do enough of my own research.
Old 04-23-2003, 03:05 PM

Re: VQ30 Questions

any one know?
Old 04-23-2003, 05:29 PM
The Definitive AE Master

Re: VQ30 Questions

Originally posted by n2o_matt

Why can't we get more out of these 3L's? I've seen toyoda supra inline 6, 3L's with 700hp. So whats the major difference? Can we do this?

I just figured that internal engine parts would be the way to go.
I may be headed the wrong way, cause i'm kinda new but it doesn't seem any one else has tried this.

I've been told that JWT makes cams. Any one know the gains form these?
JWT also makes ecu upgrades but not for the 4th gen.
I haven't found any other internal upgrades

I was also wondering if the VI is used on the 4 gen. What kind of gains are there from this?
Wow, lots of questions. I'm not qualified to answer all of them but lets see.

1. Your comparing a aluminum block V6 maxima with no stock boost on the engine to a iron block supra sports car engine that is practically indestructible running twin turbo STOCK. Not good.

2. JWT does make cams but not alot of people have bought them because JWT does not provide any dyno information on those.

3. The VI is not used for 4th gens in the U.S. The middle eastern maximas have a VI which you will see referenced by many members as MEVI on their 4th gens.

And one last thing to note, don't make this car into something its not. Its a practical yet decently fast sedan. Running 700 hp on a fwd car is absolutely insane.