Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

TURBO from CUSTOMMAXIMA!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 08:29 PM
Former Sponsor

you know if Greg does this, makes a perfect kit it would be pretty sweet

I have had and still am disgruntled about some things that have happened in the past but this doesnt sound bad...

but I hope it isnt just a ripped copy of PFIs kit with mandrel bends!
Old 05-07-2003, 05:31 AM

Originally posted by gtr_rider
ha to this thread..

Also, Greg, when is a turbo coming out for us 2k2/2k3ers? HOLLA!
Old 05-07-2003, 09:58 AM
Redlinemax Owner

well to help out a little more on this subject, the turbo that he is getting is a t3/t4 turbo. The company that is making the turbo, which i am not at liberty to say who it is, so don't ask, Is a very good company that only works on expensive project cars.I have seen a twin turbo prowler that they are building and atwin turbo cooper mini. Yeah i know the prowler has no place under the hood where a turbo could fit, but they made it happen. This is just to show what kind of company they are. They do all of their own R&D and build everything from scratch in their own machine shop. I can say the things that I have said so far only because I have seen this guys car at their shop and my car is going under the knife may 17th!!! I have spoken with these guys many times about how they will get passed the tranny pan in the automatic and other things.

PS. i know its been a while, but project maxima does exist. I've seen parts of the car in different places.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:26 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Redmax
well to help out a little more on this subject, the turbo that he is getting is a t3/t4 turbo. The company that is making the turbo, which i am not at liberty to say who it is, so don't ask, Is a very good company that only works on expensive project cars.I have seen a twin turbo prowler that they are building and atwin turbo cooper mini. Yeah i know the prowler has no place under the hood where a turbo could fit, but they made it happen. This is just to show what kind of company they are. They do all of their own R&D and build everything from scratch in their own machine shop. I can say the things that I have said so far only because I have seen this guys car at their shop and my car is going under the knife may 17th!!! I have spoken with these guys many times about how they will get passed the tranny pan in the automatic and other things.

PS. i know its been a while, but project maxima does exist. I've seen parts of the car in different places.

You have two screen names?
Old 05-07-2003, 10:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

PFI-KIT

I like my PFI Turbo kit.... I took the mandrel bend piping upgrade so I'm not too sure about that part of Greg's post and I dont have any vacuum leaks or loss of pressure at all so far... I was ****ed off at how much fabrication I had to do to get it to fit but overall I'm satisfied thusfar....I know Greg is a great guy. If he has figured out the turbo-kit, gotten out all the kinks and made it a bit different, thats great! He'll do great business. I just wnated to stand up for my investment too though!

Deac
Old 05-07-2003, 11:35 AM

Corey,
If you are at liberty to say... what gens will this kit be available for?
Old 05-07-2003, 12:41 PM
Redlinemax Owner

Originally posted by MadMax95

You have two screen names?
nope theres me and then theres that other guy ....007
Old 05-07-2003, 12:43 PM

Well in my mind, redesigned = copied. Or will the kit look completely different?
Old 05-07-2003, 10:40 PM

ok now that the bs has calmed down, Greg, please post something that will let all of us know when,what, how much,and every other thing that we need to know in order to keep our curiousity on this turbo kit.
Old 05-09-2003, 02:41 AM
¿Hablas Español?

Originally posted by slammed95

Exactly what I was thinking. How do you redesign a kit? Modify the original!
And if that redesign improves the performance, fitment and quality of the system, what do you, as a consumer, have to lose? Maybe his redesign will be worse than PFI's and Hal's offerings and maybe it will be better. There really aren't all that many ways to do this.

You need to have exhaust gas spin the turbo. You need the turbocharged intake air to make it to the throttle body. The essentials of the fuel are no different from anything offered by Stillen with the SC and quite likely what others have done when going with NOS. Moving the battery to the trunk isn't unique or new to a turbo setup. Gauges, boost controllers, fuel management, and so forth, aren't newly designed concepts. The only thing that is novel for a Maxima turbo setup is the specific bending of a few pieces of piping (a few more if you add an intercooler). In essence, those pieces of piping are just redesigns (changes of a basic element) of previously existing turbo systems so that they fit on a Maxima.

Competition is good. I don't recall PFI/Nigel offering an intercooled system that didn't require modification of the front bumper support until Hal came out with his intercooled setup that left out the requirement of cutting the bumper support. Maybe thye did, but I think that offering came out after the Hal's setup, which is good for you if you don't want to cut the bumper support. Maybe Hal took the idea from PFI - I don't know. In either case, someone came up with the idea and now 2 providers offer it.

Henry Ford pioneered mass production and assembly lines for automobile manufacturing. Others took the idea and ran with it. The model T and its production process weren't copied, they were and are continuously redesigned and improved upon.
Old 05-09-2003, 05:47 AM
Custommaxima.com

I will spend some time tonight and do a nice write up for all of you on the specs of the kit and why it is better. I'll repost soon. Then feel free to respond with your questions.

Super Street and Turbo Magazine by the way is doing an article this month on our Turbo kit, just in case you wanted to read on it some more.

Old 05-11-2003, 01:47 PM

Originally posted by Custommaxima.com
I will spend some time tonight and do a nice write up for all of you on the specs of the kit and why it is better. I'll repost soon. Then feel free to respond with your questions.

Super Street and Turbo Magazine by the way is doing an article this month on our Turbo kit, just in case you wanted to read on it some more.

Any more news Mr custommaxima????
Old 05-11-2003, 02:11 PM
Custommaxima.com

working on it still.

Old 05-11-2003, 06:36 PM
Still kickin'

Super Street and Turbo Magazine by the way is doing an article this month on our Turbo kit, just in case you wanted to read on it some more. [/B][/QUOTE]

now which month would that be, because if it's this month's then it would be the june issue correct? thanx alot Greg, and good luck on the turbo kit, i'm really hoping for the best.
Old 05-11-2003, 09:40 PM
GoldenGlory

Re: TURBO from CUSTOMMAXIMA!

Originally posted by MaxgtrBlue
Hey guys and gals......

Remember that turbo that greg promised we'll have on the site awhile back ago.. Well he didn't forget. Im actually testing the first one for him and the kit will be on sale shortlty thereafter.

My car has been undergoing surgery for about 1 month and half to get this kit perfect. Hope you guys will like it.. I havent seen it yet myself installed casue its still in the shop. But as soon as i get it i will post pictures up for sure.

If you got questions DONT email me its down. post a thread

Thanks John...... Blue maxxxxxxx

kit looks great on the car, but an auto no VB mod 92k on the tranny is pushing your luck bro.
ur talking motor n tranny go proooff

asides from that great kit, the work looks wonderful and looks worth it ! clean cut and all .

Old 05-12-2003, 07:10 AM
Custommaxima.com

Sorry I must have mislead, Superstreet is documenting the turbo this month, I imagine that it will be published in september or october.

Old 05-12-2003, 08:20 AM

anyother updates on the actual kit? cant wait for more info.
Old 05-13-2003, 05:37 PM

my question is this... will you still have to relocate the battery or have you somehow found room to make it work without moving it? that is my biggest question/concern.
Old 05-13-2003, 05:39 PM

greg, have you found a way to get the kit to work without moving the battery to the trunk or will yours incorporate the same technique as the others with the battery in the trunk.
Old 05-13-2003, 05:46 PM
Custommaxima.com

Yes the battery will have to be relocated. BTW just got a 2004 6sp scheduled for turbo production......wow.

Old 05-13-2003, 06:35 PM

last question. when will we see tests and release of this product? im not asking for an exact time/date but a good approximation would be helpful(still thinking about turbo vs supercharger).
Old 05-13-2003, 07:10 PM
3.0HO

Re: Very interesting!

Originally posted by turbo97SE
Well Greg bought a kit from PFI several months ago and had given indications that he would be a distributor for the kit. I have not heard anything from PFI about Greg ordering any more so .... well I am not going to outright accuse any body of anything but I will present the facts ... what do you think?
Do you have one available for a 5th 3.0 5spd?

Old 05-15-2003, 05:22 AM
Custommaxima.com

We have 8 maximas lined up for prototyping including a 5th gen manual.

Old 05-15-2003, 05:43 AM
ejj

What's your idea of "soon"?
Old 05-15-2003, 10:35 PM

for all you doubters/haters..you can relax..i saw the 4th gen auto that will was describing last friday i think it was.
turbo with no tranny cooler or vb mod at least..gonna be rough..but the kit DEFINATELY looks real clean. great job greg
keep up the good work
Old 05-16-2003, 05:59 AM
Custommaxima.com

Thanks bro. Can't wait till we release this kit and blow everyone's socks off.

Old 05-16-2003, 06:07 AM
ejj

When can we expect that write-up of the specs?
Old 05-16-2003, 09:35 AM
GoldenGlory

that kid is gonna be blowin more then juss his socks real soon

the turbo kit is clean cut. better then hal's and alot alot closer!

Old 05-16-2003, 09:40 AM
Redlinemax Owner

yeah I heard he doesnt have avb nor tranny cooler
Old 05-16-2003, 09:42 AM
GoldenGlory

yeah I heard he doesnt have avb nor tranny cooler

Old 05-16-2003, 02:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by ejj

What's your idea of "soon"?

ehehehhe I hope not 'projector headlight' soon more like skyline kit soon or something
Old 05-16-2003, 03:03 PM

Me again

Well, for all those who saw the kit on my car and liked it thanks... I know i need to beef up my auto and engine.. ALL WILL come in due time im planning on beefing up everything. right now im running 5andhalf psi and pushing 225 at the wheels. thats 65whp jump from before the turbo install i was 160. Gregs kit is a great kit and defintly has alot of potential. SO if i was you guys id start saving up the money to get one as soon as they are released. OH and i wqanted to thanks the guys that did the install. they reealllly know what they are doing. after all turbo magezine know's who he is.. laters john turbomaxgtrblue
Old 05-16-2003, 03:10 PM
Custommaxima.com

John, I snapped some pics of the turbo on your maxima and will be using it in the press release in SuperStreet. The press release is the section that talks about new products in the industry.

Corey your Red Maxima is next......

Old 05-16-2003, 04:40 PM
Permanent Maxima.org Resident

I hope we get a preview first.. Hubie must be proud

John, I snapped some pics of the turbo on your maxima and will be using it in the press release in SuperStreet. The press release is the section that talks about new products in the industry.

Corey your Red Maxima is next......
Old 05-17-2003, 05:02 PM

Whens that write up coming?
Old 05-19-2003, 07:37 AM
Redlinemax Owner

yeah i can't wait to see mine it will be fully polished and when i get it back i should have my new CustomMaxima RED Carbon Fiber hood on the car too!!!
Old 05-19-2003, 08:32 AM
ejj

Originally posted by 00MAXIST
Whens that write up coming?

Still waiting...
Old 05-20-2003, 05:11 AM
Former Sponsor

yeah i can't wait to see mine it will be fully polished and when i get it back i should have my new CustomMaxima RED Carbon Fiber hood on the car too!!!
wow real poster boy here eheheheh I wana see!!
Old 05-21-2003, 08:19 AM
Redlinemax Owner

Literally!!!!
Old 05-23-2003, 06:44 AM
ejj

Originally posted by ejj

Still waiting...

Quick Reply: TURBO from CUSTOMMAXIMA!