Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

TURBO from CUSTOMMAXIMA!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 05:04 PM

TURBO from CUSTOMMAXIMA!

Hey guys and gals......

Remember that turbo that greg promised we'll have on the site awhile back ago.. Well he didn't forget. Im actually testing the first one for him and the kit will be on sale shortlty thereafter.

My car has been undergoing surgery for about 1 month and half to get this kit perfect. Hope you guys will like it.. I havent seen it yet myself installed casue its still in the shop. But as soon as i get it i will post pictures up for sure.

If you got questions DONT email me its down. post a thread

Thanks John...... Blue maxxxxxxx
Old 05-04-2003, 05:05 PM

wow that is awesome - any general specs on it?
as always, believe it when i see it
Old 05-04-2003, 05:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Price?
Old 05-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Cheesing away...

Power increase?
Old 05-04-2003, 05:16 PM
§č~® f®ČÄk

Originally posted by vsidesupratt1
Power increase?
no this turbo system provides a power loss
Old 05-04-2003, 05:37 PM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

For some reason I had the idea in my head that custommaxima was just re-selling PFI's kit. Did they develop their own?
Old 05-04-2003, 06:09 PM
be the change u want2C

Re: TURBO from CUSTOMMAXIMA!

Originally posted by MaxgtrBlue
Hey guys and gals......

Remember that turbo that greg promised we'll have on the site awhile back ago.. Well he didn't forget. Im actually testing the first one for him and the kit will be on sale shortlty thereafter.

My car has been undergoing surgery for about 1 month and half to get this kit perfect. Hope you guys will like it.. I havent seen it yet myself installed casue its still in the shop. But as soon as i get it i will post pictures up for sure.

If you got questions DONT email me its down. post a thread

Thanks John...... Blue maxxxxxxx
Ask him is he needs a 99 to test it???
Old 05-04-2003, 06:30 PM

Ask him if the Clear/Red's are still on the boat.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:16 PM

How does the turbo feel? Your opinions of it? How much removal/relocation of under the hood parts are required?
Old 05-04-2003, 07:18 PM

Well, Im still unclear of specs.. i think the kit will sell for 4400$ IM NOT SURE DONT QUOTE ME ON IT>>>>>>> sparco intercooler. t4 or t3 im not clear on that ethier.. like i said ive been without my car for 1month and half so i havent seen it yet or saw the dyno.. ihave a stalling problem of my own on it not due to turbo install due to my sensors not working.. so when i replace that ill dyno it and post results.. I think im gonna run 8psi.. not sure. Thanks
Old 05-04-2003, 07:31 PM

Originally posted by MaxgtrBlue
Well, Im still unclear of specs.. i think the kit will sell for 4400$ IM NOT SURE DONT QUOTE ME ON IT>>>>>>> sparco intercooler. t4 or t3 im not clear on that ethier.. like i said ive been without my car for 1month and half so i havent seen it yet or saw the dyno.. ihave a stalling problem of my own on it not due to turbo install due to my sensors not working.. so when i replace that ill dyno it and post results.. I think im gonna run 8psi.. not sure. Thanks
no offense but you seem awfully unclear on everything to be taking on something as large as a turbo. what sensor is messed up - pressurized maf or not, are you running safc or other fuel computer now - could that have to do with the salling? you haven't even seen anything about it yet or no idea what size turbo?
Old 05-04-2003, 07:37 PM

Very interesting!

Well Greg bought a kit from PFI several months ago and had given indications that he would be a distributor for the kit. I have not heard anything from PFI about Greg ordering any more so .... well I am not going to outright accuse any body of anything but I will present the facts ... what do you think?
Old 05-04-2003, 08:14 PM

sounds like an accusation to me...

on a side note...projectors...i wonder if this is getting annoying yet...
Old 05-04-2003, 10:05 PM

this sounds shady on 2 levels.

1. If someone was "prototyping" something on my car, I damm well would be at that shop all day everyday watching and seeing what happened to my car.
2. If someone was "prototyping" something on my car, I damm well would KNOW what is going in it.

So you can have the bullsh!t flag for now. to this thread.
Old 05-04-2003, 10:30 PM

Originally posted by thebigsadler

Werd BS
Old 05-05-2003, 04:37 AM

Originally posted by nismos14
no this turbo system provides a power loss
im pretty sure he meant how much of inc dummy
Old 05-05-2003, 05:45 AM
Administrator

ok since no one wants to do it.. i will

Old 05-05-2003, 06:35 AM

Originally posted by thebigsadler
this sounds shady on 2 levels.

1. If someone was "prototyping" something on my car, I damm well would be at that shop all day everyday watching and seeing what happened to my car.
2. If someone was "prototyping" something on my car, I damm well would KNOW what is going in it.

Actually I can be pretty sure it's not BS... I think I met this guys cousin last week and he told me the same thing.

I will be meeting with Greg on Wednesday. I'll find out the scoop then.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:51 AM

y dus everyone hate on greg?? He dam right is coming out with hot stuff for OUR cars...he comes out with things we all look foward to or want. Quit hatin dam....im cool with greg. I dont bad mouth the guy like a lot of the people on here do.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:18 AM
Custommaxima.com

Thanks for posting that information to help everyone out. We initially had plans of distributing the PFI kit but after looking at it we were uphauled at what poor quality it was. We completely redesigned that kit and improved it. Their kit among other things had horrible pipe bending, we actually did a pressure test on their pipe and tests showed that their was a 15% decrease in power!! None of the pipes were mandrel bent, rather it was bent on a muffler shop pipe bender. Our pipes are mandrel bent.

Those that prefer to flame the kit can go elsewhere to purchase it. Jon was nice enough to give you all info and talk about the kit. We spent many months and well over $25,000 in investment to make sure this kit is 100% perfect with no problems and completely bolts on with no difficulties.

I cannot understand why so many people are unappreciative of my hard work, yes certain projects are delayed but neverless still in the works. I work 80+ hours a week on new products and helping out maxima owners, yet everyone still complains and are not happy. Thanks to all who are appreciative, trust me I keep track of who you are and always take care of you when you place orders.
Thanks,
Greg

Old 05-05-2003, 10:22 AM
ejj

Originally posted by Custommaxima.com

Thanks,
Greg
Got Specs and pricing information?
Old 05-05-2003, 10:23 AM

Greg is a good guy and does develop cool stuff for the Maxima, but there is a lot that goes on. Keep in mind they're a pretty big company, so they're bound to **** off some people. And remember that Maxima.org people are some of the most impatient enthusiasts around.

Originally posted by biggie21
y dus everyone hate on greg?? He dam right is coming out with hot stuff for OUR cars...he comes out with things we all look foward to or want. Quit hatin dam....im cool with greg. I dont bad mouth the guy like a lot of the people on here do.
Old 05-05-2003, 01:50 PM

that still dusnt give u gusy the right to talk crap bout them like that...how many of u ever even ordered anything from him? most importantly...y would he try to screw a maxima owner wen u dam right know that personw ould just bad mouth him over these sites and to other maxima owners to jepordize his company....i doubt greg would do that...i get to talk to greg every now and then and i get all my questions answered....hes even hookin me up with something that is very secret but ill keep u guys gessin till its done and I'LL be the first to have in the maxima scene! ill keep u guys posted.
Old 05-05-2003, 02:30 PM

that still dusnt give u gusy the right to talk crap bout them like that...how many of u ever even ordered anything from him? most importantly...y would he try to screw a maxima owner wen u dam right know that personw ould just bad mouth him over these sites and to other maxima owners to jepordize his company....i doubt greg would do that...i get to talk to greg every now and then and i get all my questions answered....hes even hookin me up with something that is very secret but ill keep u guys gessin till its done and I'LL be the first to have in the maxima scene! ill keep u guys posted.
Biggie:
Use your spell check. If you are defending Greg, which it seems you are, it is best to use proper grammar as it will help represent your case much better. Due to the fact you are a newbie, you have no way of knowing if people are "hating" on Greg or just joking around.

Greg has been known to post enthusiastically about new products, get's everyone all riled up and does not come through in the time frame people expected.

Is that Greg's fault ...NO. Are people's expectations too high? Sometimes.

Do people have a right to respectfully and disrespectfully express their opinion...? YES.

I have purchased several items from Greg back in the day when he was selling out of a storage unit outside of Harrisburg. I also have had the opportunity to speak with him several times and he has always been professional, courteous and open minded.

Have I joked around about the lag time between the announcement that he is developing a new product and when it is produced? YES

Does that mean I think he is a bad business person? NO

We like to poke fun here so pull the tampon out of your a$$ and relax.

BTW - no one will be staying up late tonight guessing what your <Dr.Evil's voice> SECRET PROJECT IS <Dr. Evil's Voice>

As long you are happy with the choices you make....

Sorry for the rant but I had to say something...

D
Old 05-05-2003, 02:57 PM

first off im no newbie...ive been watching this site since 2001...i just only registered like a year ago...im still in my research period of the maxima because ive only been around one for like 2-3 years....i dont waste my time with spell check...ill save that for my school essays. Im sure some of u guys kid around about this stuff but theres gotta be a limit. If u had ur own business and it was made for a very specific group (maxima owners)....and some guys kid around about it...there are morrons out there who will take it serious and decide not to do business with u. I hope u get wat im saying....u might have just lost some business for someone. Thats just the way i see it.

dli...u needa calm down...do u feel better cuz u got to talk smack on a forum over something stupid? Hope u feel better. I wasnt talkin Sh*t...just felt like expressin my opinion as well.

And about the secret project....u can go suck a d*ck for all i care..my max is gonna be hotter than urs....

screw all the haters!
Old 05-05-2003, 03:04 PM

my max is gonna be hotter than urs....
Oh yeah, well I bet my dad could kick your dad's @ss...

This is rediculous...

Old 05-05-2003, 03:25 PM

I hope that your kit is as good as you say greg, the quality of the 2 other kits right now is what is keeping me from getting one. if it takes greg a little while to do it right then good for him, I will wait. I have purchased from greg in the past and had nothing but the best service and quality. there are some products that he has been working on for quite a while that I will ****** up as soon as he gets them done but i for one will be patient and get some quality parts instead of fast parts. keep up the good work greg. not talking crap just supporting a person that is here to help out the community and doesn't get the respect he deserves.

edit: well project maxima is a different story though...where the hell is it j/k greg.
Old 05-05-2003, 03:27 PM

exactly wat i was trying to say!
Old 05-05-2003, 05:29 PM

Wow, I hope you don't think you're helping Greg's cause. This just makes you look worse, and it makes him look bad for even associating with you and for giving you "a top secret super duper special part". If its' that secret, don't mention it. Don't expect to get respect by acting like you're the **** for having it prototyped on your car or something.

And no, I'm not hating on Greg, I like him. I've known him since before Custommaxima was even created (a lot longer than you), he was a customer of mine first, and we've done a lot of business together. Just try and think about what you say before you end up making things worse. If the people that bash him sound educated and use proper grammar, and the person who defends him is you, which side will someone who just happens to drop in be on? Ask yourself that.

And it's not that hard to spell properly.

Final thing, the people with really nice Maximas see no reason to brag about it. The owners of the nicest Maximas here never come on and say "my max is hotter than yours". The people that say that usually have Altezzas and chrome rims, and that's it. Does that describe your car? If it's that hot, show us the pictures? Or at least what's being done to it. Words are meaningless.

first off im no newbie...ive been watching this site since 2001...i just only registered like a year ago...im still in my research period of the maxima because ive only been around one for like 2-3 years....i dont waste my time with spell check...ill save that for my school essays. Im sure some of u guys kid around about this stuff but theres gotta be a limit. If u had ur own business and it was made for a very specific group (maxima owners)....and some guys kid around about it...there are morrons out there who will take it serious and decide not to do business with u. I hope u get wat im saying....u might have just lost some business for someone. Thats just the way i see it.

dli...u needa calm down...do u feel better cuz u got to talk smack on a forum over something stupid? Hope u feel better. I wasnt talkin Sh*t...just felt like expressin my opinion as well.

And about the secret project....u can go suck a d*ck for all i care..my max is gonna be hotter than urs....

screw all the haters!
Old 05-05-2003, 06:17 PM

Originally posted by Custommaxima.com
this kit is 100% perfect with no problems and completely bolts on with no difficulties.
if this is true, that is AWESOME !

can you provide any details yet, such as turbo size, whats included, pricing, anything?
Old 05-05-2003, 06:28 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by Shadow
Final thing, the people with really nice Maximas see no reason to brag about it. The owners of the nicest Maximas here never come on and say &quot;my max is hotter than yours&quot;. The people that say that usually have Altezzas and chrome rims, and that's it. Does that describe your car? If it's that hot, show us the pictures? Or at least what's being done to it. Words are meaningless.
"Ego"
Old 05-05-2003, 07:49 PM

I was not talking smack. I was only trying to state that while your opinion is extremly valid, it is only important to you. What you posted was stupid as it is a misinformed opinion based on limited information?

A picture is worth a thousand words It is not necessary for us to approve or determine if your car is hotter than ours. You may want to post pics when your secret project is completed and maybe post a write up that others can benefit from.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:08 PM

If someone gets one of these kits, you have to take pictures, before, during, and after install. I really want to go turbo and I want to see what this kit looks like. If not I will be getting a custom turbo at the place where Uncle MAx got his.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:18 PM
wat

All you doubters quick to jump on the bandwagon dissin one of our vendors...Greg just owned you.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:46 AM

having had an h22a turbo accord, galant vr4 and 60-1 turbo integra i had a dying itch to go turbo with my daily driven maxima.

however, waiting around for a kit that will not be 100% perfect but something i'm comfortable with. hopefully these promises will be kept.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:16 AM

First of all I will apoligize to those who took my opinions the wrong way. Second, I can spell and type properly but I don't tend to when I am on the net. I'll type properly cause all of you are complaining.

About my project Maxima, you guys are right and i shouldn't be bragging or talking crap like that. Sorry about that. I will post pics and I refuse to put gay altezzas on my car; only alloys here-bone stock ecept for shocks and springs. Ill post pics wen its done.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:27 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

except <~~~

I'll <~~~

when <~~~

it's <~~~

Old 05-06-2003, 08:58 AM

this whole thread was amusing to read
Old 05-06-2003, 09:52 AM

Originally posted by 99maxGTR
this whole thread was amusing to read