Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Supercharger install day one

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 11:17 PM

Supercharger install day one

Well i have been working on my install for about 5 hours. I am on step 18 in the stillen installation manual. Everything seems pretty easy so far, and everything is going pretty smoothly. I can't wait to get this thing finished. I am going to be running 8:1 disc with a 3.12 pulley. I think it will be pretty rich??? I am going to be installing my guages and I am getting the SAFC probably early next week, or maybe by the weekend. Do you think I will be okay running with no guages or anything to monitor for a short while?
Old 05-05-2003, 08:26 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Supercharger install day one

Originally posted by CASS98SE
Well i have been working on my install for about 5 hours. I am on step 18 in the stillen installation manual. Everything seems pretty easy so far, and everything is going pretty smoothly. I can't wait to get this thing finished. I am going to be running 8:1 disc with a 3.12 pulley. I think it will be pretty rich??? I am going to be installing my guages and I am getting the SAFC probably early next week, or maybe by the weekend. Do you think I will be okay running with no guages or anything to monitor for a short while?
With the 8:1 disk you'll be okay, UNLESS you screwed something up. Without the gauges you don't really know if you're running lean until the damage is done. That is very risky. Gauges should be the first thing to install, not the last. At any rate, you'll be okay if you take it easy and don't boost (or if you just have to, just floor it momentarily and don't take it to redline) until you get the EGT, fuel pressure and boost gauges in.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:53 AM
"I'm running with scissors!"

Re: Supercharger install day one

Originally posted by CASS98SE
dude your car is gonna BLOW UP!!!!!

J/K BTW i got your piping done it looks nice and shiny
Old 05-05-2003, 11:01 PM

I am running very rich with my 8:1 and 2.87. I am now thinking getting a cartech FMU over the S-AFC to save a hundred dollars.

at least get a EGT gauge running right after the install. dont boost if you decided to install the gauges later.
Old 05-11-2003, 01:06 AM

Originally posted by [maxi-overdose]
I am running very rich with my 8:1 and 2.87. I am now thinking getting a cartech FMU over the S-AFC to save a hundred dollars.

at least get a EGT gauge running right after the install. dont boost if you decided to install the gauges later.
Got both the Cartech and AFC....They should compliment each other. Cartech to put you in a safe range and AFC to tune it even more.

Cartech first, tho.

I'll be tuning my AFC with the Cartech in a few weeks...I'll post results.