Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Jwt Ecu Sc Program?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 07:18 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Jwt Ecu Sc Program?

is this available? what does it do and what kind of performance gain are we looking at? i would like to do this but i don't want to have to start messing with other thing on the car to make it work if anyone has had this done please pm me with your results thanks
Old 06-08-2003, 05:00 PM

Basically what you get with a JWT program is plug and play. You install the ecu and the car should run pretty fine and you won't have to do any tuning. Now it might not make the most power but if you don't know how or what to tune it's the best option.
Old 06-13-2003, 01:37 PM
Licensed to Spell

Re: Jwt Ecu Sc Program?

Originally posted by daveauth21
is this available? what does it do and what kind of performance gain are we looking at? i would like to do this but i don't want to have to start messing with other thing on the car to make it work if anyone has had this done please pm me with your results thanks
I don't really understand Nismo's answer but to answer your question dave: No JWT doesn't make an SC program.
Old 06-13-2003, 01:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yes they do... they make an ECU tune specific for supercharged maximas. With your choice of OEM MAF's or TTZ MAF's... TTZ 370CC injectors or Nismo 555CC injectors.

I just got my ecu yesterday...
Old 06-13-2003, 03:16 PM

I dunno, but they make a turbo program, so why not get that from the get-go.
Old 06-13-2003, 04:12 PM

it's cool... if you call them to place an order they will play 20 questions with you to figure out exactly what you need lol!
Old 06-13-2003, 04:52 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Really? How much Del? Does G-Force have one yet?
Old 06-14-2003, 02:00 PM

Re: :o)

Originally posted by ptatohed
Really? How much Del? Does G-Force have one yet?
Yeah Josh, I paid 595 +shipping, plus the injectors and the MAF.

But it gets rid of the FMU I don't believe G-Force has anything available for the boosted guys yet, I could be wrong.
Old 06-14-2003, 06:58 PM

IMHO ECUs like this are not very useful on their own. There is not really a one size fits all ECU program, every car turbo/ supercharged car is different. It might be useful if this can run larger injectors at lower duty cycle and then you do a piggy back with it like S-AFC or Emanage type of product to increase air flow and injector duty cycle.
Old 06-15-2003, 05:23 AM
Jer

I recall hearing JWT screwing with their customers awhile ago... just be careful! (Yes, I know everyone eventually complains about every company, but I've heard tonnes of negative feedback)
Old 06-16-2003, 08:09 AM
Licensed to Spell

Re: Re: :o)

Originally posted by delio

Yeah Josh, I paid 595 +shipping, plus the injectors and the MAF.

But it gets rid of the FMU I don't believe G-Force has anything available for the boosted guys yet, I could be wrong.

$600 with an exchange or do you get to keep your stock ECU? Are you saying the injectors and MAF were separate or included in the $600? If not, how much were those? Is everything installed yet? What do you think? Thanks.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:26 AM

600, I bought a core and sent it to them, otherwise they would want your stock ECU or charge you out the wazoo for one of their "cores"

The injectors cost me about 100 bux a pop from Nissan (brand new) and the MAF and connector cost me 100 bux. I am not finished with the setup yet. It's running, I was just blocked in all weekend by my parents who were out galavanting so I couldn't take her for a drive.

Having ridden in Confused's car with the OEM maf/Z injector/JWT setup, I can tell you that it is a great ride, Not having the FMU makes a huge difference, not having to worry about pounding loads of pressure through your injectors is a great relief (to me anyways). I should have more details on driveability and such by the weekend.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:14 PM

Hey Delio keep us posted. I'm curiouse if the JWT ECU deals with the funky idle issue after full throttle. In case you guys didn't here I ripped my Haltech out and I'm in the process of installing a stock harness again. So I'd like to see how the 4th Gens work with e JWT ECU, specifically the full throttle to 0 throttle funny idle issue.
Old 07-11-2003, 07:17 PM

Originally posted by delio
Yes they do... they make an ECU tune specific for supercharged maximas. With your choice of OEM MAF's or TTZ MAF's... TTZ 370CC injectors or Nismo 555CC injectors.
First, JWT does not make a "SC" program. They have a "Turbo" program they developed on their own turbo development car. They have tested and use it for supercharged cars. The stock MAF only meters enough for about 350 hp, so they prefer to switch to a Z MAF which is good for 500 hp. This requires the swap to a 90-96' 300ZX MAF. Both the NA and Turbos have the same MAF. It also requires stock 95+ 300ZX-TT 370cc injectors. Please watch the year on this, because there are 2 different style injectors. Only the later ones will work. JWT does not have a Maxima program for 555cc injectors. There is some development work being done, but right now that is reserved for their big turbo program for 300ZXs. The advantage of going this way is less fuel pressure and better response(if the MAF is located ahead of the SC). At the same time, you get rid of the FMU and in-line fuel pump. You will need to upgrade your in-tank pump though.
Old 07-12-2003, 04:39 PM

I thought "Furbis"? had a JWT program with 555cc?

But e-manage should support 555cc injectors, you may have to lower the base fuel pressure to get the stock ecu to idle ok, but even then it should work fine using the built in e-manage injector convertor, no FMU required, pump upgrade of course. You can use the e-manage add on MAP sensor to get past the limits of the factory MAF. And best of all you should make more power than JWT will tune for because you can tune the timing exactly to your set up instead of having to rely on JWT's conservative all for one programing. Including the dyno time it will be more expensive than a JWT ECU, but power aint cheep. Nigel has hinted that he may be installing this on his turbo max, so we should know for sure if it works shortly, my money is on yes!

Loren, Ive heard rumors of your Maxima project, can you share any info?
Old 07-14-2003, 07:35 AM

Hey Mardi, so this emanage does it require rewiring the complete car?
Is it like a loom?
Old 07-14-2003, 08:19 AM

From what I have read, no. It just piggy backs on to the exixting wires.

look here for docs http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/
Old 07-14-2003, 08:29 AM

Has anyone got a chance to hook this up yet?
This link " What motors it works with " didn't mention our VQ motor. Just wondering because I don't feel like trying something new anymore.
I'm sure you understand why I feel like this =)
Old 08-10-2003, 10:29 AM

It works with the VQ motor. I've got one, and just recently installed one in another 2003 Max SE. There is no official documentation for supporting the Max, but Greddy themselves are using it on their 350Z TT system. They gave me the settings that the 350Z is using, and it works well on my Max. There are also settings for the 300ZX, the Skyline, and a few others as well, so it will work with the Max.

Note that you'll not only have to buy the E-Manage itself, but also the tuning software (which comes with a cable) in order to fully tune the unit. You WILL need the software to tune it. The unit runs about $280 on ebay and the software is about $100-125 from your local speed shop.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:52 AM

Originally posted by studman
It works with the VQ motor. I've got one, and just recently installed one in another 2003 Max SE. There is no official documentation for supporting the Max, but Greddy themselves are using it on their 350Z TT system. They gave me the settings that the 350Z is using, and it works well on my Max. There are also settings for the 300ZX, the Skyline, and a few others as well, so it will work with the Max.

Note that you'll not only have to buy the E-Manage itself, but also the tuning software (which comes with a cable) in order to fully tune the unit. You WILL need the software to tune it. The unit runs about $280 on ebay and the software is about $100-125 from your local speed shop.

You have a 2k2 Max isn't your VQ a 3.5? I could see how the the 350 settings will work but will they work on the 3.0 Vq?
Old 08-11-2003, 08:26 AM

Originally posted by Uncle Max

You have a 2k2 Max isn't your VQ a 3.5? I could see how the the 350 settings will work but will they work on the 3.0 Vq?
e-manage works with 3.0VQ. it supports a lot more cars than it mentions in the manual.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:31 PM

@#&*#!!

Originally posted by Loren00Miata

First, JWT does not make a "SC" program. They have a "Turbo" program they developed on their own turbo development car. They have tested and use it for supercharged cars. The stock MAF only meters enough for about 350 hp, so they prefer to switch to a Z MAF which is good for 500 hp. This requires the swap to a 90-96' 300ZX MAF. Both the NA and Turbos have the same MAF. It also requires stock 95+ 300ZX-TT 370cc injectors. Please watch the year on this, because there are 2 different style injectors. Only the later ones will work. JWT does not have a Maxima program for 555cc injectors. There is some development work being done, but right now that is reserved for their big turbo program for 300ZXs. The advantage of going this way is less fuel pressure and better response(if the MAF is located ahead of the SC). At the same time, you get rid of the FMU and in-line fuel pump. You will need to upgrade your in-tank pump though.
I guess this leaves 5th gen2 (2k/2k1) out of the loop because we dont have any injector upgrades availble yet.... or do you think JWT can still make an ECU program for my Turbo setup?

Deac
Old 08-12-2003, 06:29 AM

Re: @#&*#!!

Originally posted by Deac

I guess this leaves 5th gen2 (2k/2k1) out of the loop because we dont have any injector upgrades availble yet.... or do you think JWT can still make an ECU program for my Turbo setup?

Deac
If you are willing to hack up your wiring harness a bit I'm sure you could get a 96 ECU to work. I'm sure you could find an injector to work, once again some modification might be necessary. You would just sent you injector to JWT and they will flow it to vericy its rate and then program your ECU based on that. Call up and ask to speak to Jim, not Ben his is just a yes man, Jimbo is the man.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:20 AM

Interesting...

I talked with both Ben and Jim. They both were very helpful and complete in their explanations. Anywho, I am now running the JWT ECU w/ Turbo(S/C) option, stock injectors option & stock MAF option. The car runs like a pent up tiger and I couldn't be happier. I'm seeing far less FP (down around 60psi now as opposed to nearly 100 with the FMU) now as well. I had to use a 96 ECU and she's a 97 but I have not experienced any CEL either.

The difference? Well the dyno will tell the tale here in the next couple weeks but the ole buttdyno sure sucked itself in a bit more DRASTIC TQ difference. My launches are much more explosive and into power almost immediately. Maybe not a huge deal more of HP (maybe 20~30) but the power/TQ is much more stronger outside the usual power band. EGT's are perfect under quick boost's (1150) and only gets up to 1300~1400 when boosting in long stretch and over 130mph

All of that TQ robbed by the MEVI and other mods is back and quantified woot!

Hope this helps.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Max1man
Interesting...

I talked with both Ben and Jim. They both were very helpful and complete in their explanations. Anywho, I am now running the JWT ECU w/ Turbo(S/C) option, stock injectors option & stock MAF option. The car runs like a pent up tiger and I couldn't be happier. I'm seeing far less FP (down around 60psi now as opposed to nearly 100 with the FMU) now as well. I had to use a 96 ECU and she's a 97 but I have not experienced any CEL either.

The difference? Well the dyno will tell the tale here in the next couple weeks but the ole buttdyno sure sucked itself in a bit more DRASTIC TQ difference. My launches are much more explosive and into power almost immediately. Maybe not a huge deal more of HP (maybe 20~30) but the power/TQ is much more stronger outside the usual power band. EGT's are perfect under quick boost's (1150) and only gets up to 1300~1400 when boosting in long stretch and over 130mph

Hope this helps.
What boost pressure are you running? Did you have the rev limit raised?
Old 03-04-2004, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Max1man
Interesting...

Hope this helps.

Why were you running 100 PSI before, and now only 60? Couldnt you have used a smaller ratio disc? 100 to 60 seems like a pretty drastic change for just a chip. Please explain. thanks
Old 03-04-2004, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Stephen Max
What boost pressure are you running? Did you have the rev limit raised?

Running 11psi right now and had the rev limiter raised to 7200. With the upgraded VB on the A/T...1 to 2nd is grabbing at about 7000 and the rest of the shift points are at the same locations.
Old 03-04-2004, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by ilumo
Why were you running 100 PSI before, and now only 60? Couldnt you have used a smaller ratio disc? 100 to 60 seems like a pretty drastic change for just a chip. Please explain. thanks
There were no discs involved because I was running the Cartech (B.E.G.I.) 2025 Adjustable FMU. It spec'd out at 100psi FP for 10psi boost. If you need more technical info I recommend contacting Cartech (B.E.G.I) directly. The best I can tell you is that the docs stated that ratio and when we dyno tuned it to get the best A/F ratio out of it, it was pushing 96~100psi at max boost. We left it a tad rich when we dyno'd as I was still on the 3.33 with plans to move to the 3.12. When I did the swap...everything was PERFECT!!!

With the changes made to timing, fuel maps etc etc by the JWT upgrade, a lot less FP is required.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:56 PM

have you re-dynoed with the JWT S/C program to see if there is gains over your FMU method? so with this program, are you running lean now with such a drop in FP?
Old 07-22-2004, 03:05 PM

so if you are running less than 350 crank hp, you can keep our stock maf's and the a/f will still be just fine....so you won't need a FMU?
Old 07-23-2004, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by ptatohed
I don't really understand Nismo's answer but to answer your question dave: No JWT doesn't make an SC program.
yes they do, not only that but you can choose from using the vorthech fmu that comes with the kit or let the computer run the s/c off of the stock fpr and fuel pump plus enage nitrous if you have it.if you have any questions you can talk to ben he hooked me up.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:59 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Originally Posted by C MAX
yes they do, not only that but you can choose from using the vorthech fmu that comes with the kit or let the computer run the s/c off of the stock fpr and fuel pump plus enage nitrous if you have it.if you have any questions you can talk to ben he hooked me up.

Yeah, thanks C Max - I have already been corrected. I was surprised to hear it. Because when I did my shopping, JW didn't have an SC program but G-Force "had one in the works". So I bought a G-Force ECU when I was N.A., with the promise that when I eventually went SC, I could get the SC upgrade (for like $80). Well, I shortly thereafter went SC - but no G-Force SC program. 2+ years later? Still no upgrade. There sits my $400 ECU in my garage.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:24 PM

just curious, why not install a Safeguard and slap in the TS ecu? Or sell the TS ecu, I'm sure you'll get plenty of offers.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by ptatohed
Yeah, thanks C Max - I have already been corrected. I was surprised to hear it. Because when I did my shopping, JW didn't have an SC program but G-Force "had one in the works". So I bought a G-Force ECU when I was N.A., with the promise that when I eventually went SC, I could get the SC upgrade (for like $80). Well, I shortly thereafter went SC - but no G-Force SC program. 2+ years later? Still no upgrade. There sits my $400 ECU in my garage.
i happen to find out by accident. i was trying to run nitrous and s/c and couldn't get the fp to regulate correctly . i called jwt to find out about a nitrous program and they told me they have both. i have the program that operates with the vortech fmu. are you still running your stock computer because i did with no problems even though jwt tweaks it just a little bit more theres not much difference besides the extended rev limiter which doesnt mean much without a mevi. if i didnt have nitrous i wouldn't have gotten a computer at all.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:07 PM

Technosquare ECU in works for S/C I just had one done, but its not refined yet- I fear!