Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Need help identifying SC parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 06:11 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Need help identifying SC parts

Hi,

I'm trying to inventory the SC parts, and I can't identify these parts:

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Old 06-15-2003, 07:42 PM

1)Belt tensinor bracket
2)no clue
3)Retainer clip for SC housing
4)Same as 3
5)no clue
Old 06-15-2003, 07:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

last one looks as though it is a bypass for oil or breather hose someone put together for valve cover or something of the like...
Old 06-15-2003, 11:50 PM

Originally posted by KMax2988
1)Belt tensinor bracket
2)no clue
3)Retainer clip for SC housing
4)Same as 3
5)no clue
Thanks for the input. Are the retainer clips supposed to be separated from the SC? I don't see them as individual items on the parts list.

Could part 2 be the fuse box relocation bracket?
Old 06-15-2003, 11:59 PM

Originally posted by WizzaMax
last one looks as though it is a bypass for oil or breather hose someone put together for valve cover or something of the like...
Yes that was connected to the valve cover breather port. I'm sure it's a standard part of the SC kit, maybe a T-adapter or something. Any clues?
Old 06-16-2003, 08:56 AM

Hi Tan:
havent seen you around for a while. how's everything?

getting ready for the sti?

about the parts....have you tried the parts list stickie??
Old 06-16-2003, 01:42 PM

Originally posted by Tanman

Thanks for the input. Are the retainer clips supposed to be separated from the SC? I don't see them as individual items on the parts list.

Could part 2 be the fuse box relocation bracket?
The retainer clips should be on the supercharger, they are not counted as separate. They hold the compressor housing to the turbine assembly.
Old 06-16-2003, 03:32 PM

Originally posted by [maxi-overdose]
Hi Tan:
havent seen you around for a while. how's everything?

getting ready for the sti?

about the parts....have you tried the parts list stickie??
Hey maxi, everything is ok right now, spend most of the time working here in Wyoming. How's life for you? Looks like you're doing a lot of work on your Maxima .

I should have the STi in two weeks or a month. I'm kind of nervous since it's a high-maintenance vehicle and I need it for work. It's a pretty harsh environment here, lots of dust, snow, and rough roads. Not sure how reliable a turbocharged car with 20lbs of boost will be. Also, it looks like some dealers around here are charging $5K over MSRP. I need to get my car back to stock before I trade it in. The guys who removed my SC did a crappy job, so I'm taking inventory of the SC parts to see if any are left on the car before I trade it in.

I printed out the parts list, but I can't tell what some of the parts on the list are. Like the 5 parts in the picture. Can you help?
Old 06-16-2003, 03:34 PM

Originally posted by KMax2988

The retainer clips should be on the supercharger, they are not counted as separate. They hold the compressor housing to the turbine assembly.
Do you have pictures of where they go and how they are connected to the SC?

Thanks,
Old 06-16-2003, 06:46 PM

Originally posted by Tanman
Hey maxi, everything is ok right now, spend most of the time working here in Wyoming. How's life for you? Looks like you're doing a lot of work on your Maxima :naughty :.
.....same old same old here...work's the same, life's the same. spend money on a mod....study it and have fun with it for a month. Then look for another mod next month. after the water injection, I will stop modding the Maxima and start saving for a 350z roadster. (if I can convince my gf to forget about getting a TT! she really wants one)

I should have the STi in two weeks or a month. I'm kind of nervous since it's a high-maintenance vehicle and I need it for work. It's a pretty harsh environment here, lots of dust, snow, and rough roads. Not sure how reliable a turbocharged car with 20lbs of boost will be. Also, it looks like some dealers around here are charging $5K over MSRP. I need to get my car back to stock before I trade it in. The guys who removed my SC did a crappy job, so I'm taking inventory of the SC parts to see if any are left on the car before I trade it in.
congrats! you should have fun with 300bsp ....I've only seen one here in the bay area so far. but saw at least 6 lancer evos.....I want to run with them see how fast those little monsters are. (probably not from dead stop )

so....what does the Subaru say about breaking in the STi?? I hope it is ok to break-in the car with a turbo. or the engine is already pre-borken-in.

dust, snow, rough road are what STis are designed for since you are intercooled and water injected(?)....you should be fine for the hot summer.

I printed out the parts list, but I can't tell what some of the parts on the list are. Like the 5 parts in the picture. Can you help?

I think no. 2 are from stock pulley bracket IIRC. I remembered I saw it after Kevin installed my SC. 3 and 4 are retainer clip for the blower unit. I believe no. 5 is the connector for intake piping and crank case breathe hose. I dont see this part on my car....prob because I use a crake case breathe filter. hope this will help.
Old 06-17-2003, 03:56 PM

#2 is a alternator bracket
Old 06-17-2003, 04:07 PM

http://www.maximadriver.com/modules....view_photo.php

That's the best photo I can find since my camera's down. If you look towards the top and left side, you should be able to see some of each clip.