Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

i swear im dumb---need help with turbo kit info

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 06:07 AM

i swear im dumb---need help with turbo kit info

ok i must be dumb or something i swear i have tried searching the test site......but i can't find anything about which turbo kit is better i know im retarted but could someone pleast help me out with a link to a different thread or just tell me in here.....
Old 08-04-2003, 06:11 AM

yeah

I know genral things about turbos i was just wondering what are peoples expeirences with each kit and there installs
Old 08-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Neither "kit" is a fully developed bolt-on package. Both of them require extensive work and fabrication to get them installed correctly. They are merely a starting point.

My personal opinion is that you would be better off to find a reputable shop to develop a custom setup to meet your needs. The total time and cost will be about the same as using either "kit."
Old 08-04-2003, 06:35 AM

Originally posted by mzmtg
Neither "kit" is a fully developed bolt-on package. Both of them require extensive work and fabrication to get them installed correctly. They are merely a starting point.

My personal opinion is that you would be better off to find a reputable shop to develop a custom setup to meet your needs. The total time and cost will be about the same as using either "kit."
well im aware of that......i read what 2 of them come with and i like the way hals kit was but i dont know where i read something about the installs not going well?
Old 08-04-2003, 07:26 AM
Ramius83

Hey Ben. I jsut received mine in the mail last week and I have already started to install it. The only thing that I need to fab up is the vent tube or feed tube for the wastegate to either vent into the air or back into the down pipe.

Old 08-04-2003, 10:16 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Ben, DO NOT get a Hal kit, if you do, prepare to throw alot more money to fix the issues. I have one, and all I do is fix the shiet.

Erik, Honestly I would not create a vent tube, just leave it the way it is. It will just throw the exhaust out of the side when it reaches max boost according to the spring or boost controller. I dont even have a tube or anything hooked upto it. It flat out vents from there. No problems. Unless you are a greenpeace person and you want to dump it back down into the downpipe, have fun, me I could care less.

Dixit
Old 08-04-2003, 12:09 PM
Ramius83

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
Erik, Honestly I would not create a vent tube, just leave it the way it is. It will just throw the exhaust out of the side when it reaches max boost according to the spring or boost controller. I dont even have a tube or anything hooked upto it. It flat out vents from there. No problems. Unless you are a greenpeace person and you want to dump it back down into the downpipe, have fun, me I could care less.

Dixit
Hey Dixit. The only reason I will want to do this is because of the noise issue. I am gonna leave it for now. But when the car is running and it sounds like culo, then I will probably vent it into the down-tube. (I am not a greenpeace person lol because I will have no cat......). Shhhhhhh, you didn't hear that.

Old 08-04-2003, 12:58 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

did you buy the PFI kit or HALs?
Old 08-04-2003, 01:11 PM

He bought a PFI kit. Hal doesnt sell kits, he just installs crappy ones.

Erik, I dont think noise should be an issue, I shouldve taken you out in my car, you cant hear the blowoff from the wastegate. Even on the dyno you could barely notice it. More noise coming from the exhaust itself you dont hear it much.

Dixit
Old 08-04-2003, 04:57 PM
¿Hablas Español?

He bought a PFI kit. Hal doesnt sell kits, he just installs crappy ones.

Erik, I dont think noise should be an issue, I shouldve taken you out in my car, you cant hear the blowoff from the wastegate. Even on the dyno you could barely notice it. More noise coming from the exhaust itself you dont hear it much.

Dixit
Hmmm...mines pretty loud. In fact, I finally got that bish running again last night and took a buddy out at lunch today. He said, "WTF was that?" Windows up, radio on, going from about 50-80 on the freeway. I need to at least vent it down and away from where it currently dumps, even if it doesn't affect the noise.
Old 08-04-2003, 04:59 PM

Interesting, mine is aimed right near where the battery used to be from the center of the radiator area. I really dont hear much besides the intake sucking noise.

Dixit
Old 08-04-2003, 05:03 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

bad part about a custom kit, i dont have the time to fab it, and there arnt any shops around here i would trust. I would probably have to leave it in NYC or LI for a week or two, which im not to comfortable with. Anyways did anyone do their own? i can weld (not that great, but ok) i have turbo experience. i think i could do the project for like 2000 or 1500, anyone else try it?
Old 08-04-2003, 05:16 PM
¿Hablas Español?

Interesting, mine is aimed right near where the battery used to be from the center of the radiator area. I really dont hear much besides the intake sucking noise.

Dixit
Sounds like yours is baffled a bit more. Mine shoots down right at/past the bell housing on my tranny.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:48 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Originally posted by joaquink

Hmmm...mines pretty loud. In fact, I finally got that bish running again last night and took a buddy out at lunch today. He said, "WTF was that?" Windows up, radio on, going from about 50-80 on the freeway. I need to at least vent it down and away from where it currently dumps, even if it doesn't affect the noise.

It sounds like a loud FART!!!!

Plus, the noise attracts attention.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:55 PM

Hahaha..... it aint that bad Alex, I think its really more about how it is positioned. Alot of people dont believe mine is blowing straight from the wastegate. The louding sucking noise from the turbo kinda overwhelms that noise.

Wish I taped my car on the dyno with my video cam so I could let yall hear it, but then again that aint a true representation.

Dixit
Old 08-04-2003, 06:05 PM

Hahaha..... it aint that bad Alex, I think its really more about how it is positioned. Alot of people dont believe mine is blowing straight from the wastegate. The louding sucking noise from the turbo kinda overwhelms that noise.

Wish I taped my car on the dyno with my video cam so I could let yall hear it, but then again that aint a true representation.

Dixit
No...Joaquins' sounds like a LOUD FART!!! I would dump it, just to get rid of that sound.
Old 08-04-2003, 06:08 PM

Ahh, understood. Wish I could hear how bad it was. Does Joaquins have a Deltagate or Tial?

Dixit
Old 08-04-2003, 06:09 PM

I forget.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:50 PM

Yeah i am routing mine back into the downpipe. I get enough attention.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:09 PM
¿Hablas Español?

Originally posted by IceY2K1

It sounds like a loud FART!!!!