Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Where to get all these Oil lines/fittings from?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 09:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Where to get all these Oil lines/fittings from?

Well since Ive ripped the turbo kit apart and re-doing it, I also ripped out the steel brake line that was installed as the oil send line. Im going to change this to a standard stainless steel braided line.

What I need to know is where to get all these fittings and lines? Im all confused on the 1/8npt, 1/4npt, 6an, 4an, and all this crap. Im totally lost now.

Basically what i need is a T that comes off the oil sending unit, I think that is a 1/8"npt (if im wrong tell me) So I need a T for that, then need a fitting on that end for the hose, then need another fitting on the end that that goes into the turbo. Now I want a 90degree fitting so it fits cleaner. I think the turbo itself takes a 1/4" npt. I dont know what AN to go with, I mean I would like to go with the largest one.

Help me....

Dixit
Old 08-20-2003, 10:33 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Try taking the fittings to Fast Lane performance in Kennesaw.

They specialize in dirt track, but they have tose

IIRC it's a 4AN into the turbo and should be 8AN out .. Can't go wrong with 10AN though

Also barnett performance near grant park is another place.

And from looking at a few different places, home depot seems to have that stuff..

I know for a FACT Grainger does have the fittings
Old 08-21-2003, 08:08 AM

Re: Where to get all these Oil lines/fittings from?

I got it from aeroquip and parker. I have a aeroquip catalog and I will scan a page that has pictures for all the pipe and threads so you can just pick out the size that you want. I will scan it afterwork and upload to here.

npt = national pipe thread. If you look at it from the side, the bottom portion is wider and upper portion is thinner. for my fuel line, I use 1/8 NPT. for my oil cooler, I use 1/2 NPT with -8AN fittings.

AN and JIC = dunno what they stand for. but they are the same thing. AN fitting is for aircraft and JIC is industrial standard. The material that JIC use is either iron or stainless steel. AN fitting only comes in aluminum. Aeroquips makes both AN and JIC fittings.

I will get back to you.....

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
Well since Ive ripped the turbo kit apart and re-doing it, I also ripped out the steel brake line that was installed as the oil send line. Im going to change this to a standard stainless steel braided line.

What I need to know is where to get all these fittings and lines? Im all confused on the 1/8npt, 1/4npt, 6an, 4an, and all this crap. Im totally lost now.

Basically what i need is a T that comes off the oil sending unit, I think that is a 1/8"npt (if im wrong tell me) So I need a T for that, then need a fitting on that end for the hose, then need another fitting on the end that that goes into the turbo. Now I want a 90degree fitting so it fits cleaner. I think the turbo itself takes a 1/4" npt. I dont know what AN to go with, I mean I would like to go with the largest one.

Help me....

Dixit
Old 08-21-2003, 08:27 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

so just to clarify JIC = AN right???

BTW anyone looking for various lengths of ASSEMBLED feed hose-->
http://www.turbonation.com/oilline.htm

not sure if these are the best prices, but I couldn't find better as far as the assembled 12" line goes for $15. perfect to run to my oil pressure gauge sender
Old 08-21-2003, 08:33 AM

Originally posted by DA-MAX

yup~
Old 08-21-2003, 09:02 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

whats the difference between BSPP and BSPT?? if any
Old 08-21-2003, 09:48 AM

whats the difference between BSPP and BSPT?? if any
are those fittings? I know BSP = british standard pipe. not sure about the P and T. BSP is not commonly used in US and I think only Earl's makes them in US.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:42 AM

BTW anyone looking for various lengths of ASSEMBLED feed hose-->
http://www.turbonation.com/oilline.htm

not sure if these are the best prices, but I couldn't find better as far as the assembled 12" line goes for $15. perfect to run to my oil pressure gauge sender
Damn thats actually expensive.

I just ended up buying the bits and pieces from Jegs. The whole 6' hose with the hose ends, one straight, one 90degree and then two npt-an adapters all cost me $50. That hose at turbonation is just the hose with the hose ends, no an-npt adapters which you would need to buy.

I guess the only advantage of those hoses are that they are crimped rather than the one you end up "making" with crushfitting with AN fittings.

Dixit
Old 08-21-2003, 11:36 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

not sure if this link will work, but this is the BSPP

http://www.mcmaster.com/param/asp/ps...200;1284=56063

and this is the BSPT
http://www.mcmaster.com/param/asp/ps...200;1284=56070

they are visually identical, but you know how that can be deciving when it comes to thread sizes and types and all that
Old 08-21-2003, 06:04 PM

here is the scanned aeroquip catalog. one is the acutal size of the adapter and the other one is a list and pictures of different type of thread. hope this will help.

link1

link2