Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Is it possible to make the V1 blower louder?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003 | 03:58 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Is it possible to make the V1 blower louder?

After watching this video, I am in awe of how insanely loud that blower is: 600whp Slowbra SCREAMING at 40mph

I know it's a different type of Supercharger, and i've noticed that it is the exact opposite of the V1. The V1 is loud at idle and gets really quiet when you gas it. The roots types are really quiet under partial throttle, and SCREAM under full throttle.

Well, I think it would be cool to make our superchargers scream at full throttle too. Any reasonable way to do it? It's not gonna make or break any decisions, but I just think it would be awesome to have. Imagine how scary that must sound to other motorists.
Old 08-27-2003 | 05:03 PM

Theres gotta be a way
Old 08-27-2003 | 06:01 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

Disconnect the oil feed for a few miles
Old 08-27-2003 | 06:14 PM

Originally posted by Chunger
Old 08-27-2003 | 06:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

why are you giving the LS1 bandit ideas, he may go out and do it. Then he ll come back after you.
Old 08-27-2003 | 07:11 PM

Originally posted by JAY25

why are you giving the LS1 bandit ideas, he may go out and do it. Then he ll come back after you.
Old 08-27-2003 | 08:35 PM

That's exactly what I was going to say! You beat me to it.
Old 08-27-2003 | 09:29 PM
SXN

u want a louder blower noise, or car noise in general?
Old 08-27-2003 | 10:39 PM

just get an electric cutout so you can basically run open exhaust whenever you want. THen, it will be so loud that you wont even hear the blower, therefore, eliminating the problem
Old 08-27-2003 | 11:12 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

Originally posted by Stephen Max

That's exactly what I was going to say! You beat me to it.
It seems a lot of people get the "louder" S/C after "too short" an amount of time after install... I've been lucky I guess.

My car is noisy enough as it is... I guess I find it difficult to understand why people would like their cars even LOUDER...
Old 08-27-2003 | 11:15 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

IF he does do it... I doubt if his car would make it cross-country to get me
Old 08-28-2003 | 05:59 AM

It seems a lot of people get the "louder" S/C after "too short" an amount of time after install... I've been lucky I guess.

My car is noisy enough as it is... I guess I find it difficult to understand why people would like their cars even LOUDER...
Just typical ricer trying to scare V8's

Just messing you
Old 08-28-2003 | 06:08 AM

Note to self:

Don't forget the oil feed.

(I'm going to have the SC off this weekend in order to install a 3" something that came in the mail yesterday. )
Old 08-28-2003 | 07:35 AM
Permanent Maxima.org Resident

Re: Is it possible to make the V1 blower louder?

is it possible for you to be happy with the blower you have?

Originally posted by Craig Mack
After watching this video, I am in awe of how insanely loud that blower is: 600whp Slowbra SCREAMING at 40mph

I know it's a different type of Supercharger, and i've noticed that it is the exact opposite of the V1. The V1 is loud at idle and gets really quiet when you gas it. The roots types are really quiet under partial throttle, and SCREAM under full throttle.

Well, I think it would be cool to make our superchargers scream at full throttle too. Any reasonable way to do it? It's not gonna make or break any decisions, but I just think it would be awesome to have. Imagine how scary that must sound to other motorists.
Old 08-28-2003 | 07:44 AM

Re: Re: Is it possible to make the V1 blower louder?

Originally posted by Confused

I have to admit, now that I've watched the video, that is one awesome sounding blower. Talk about intimidating!
Old 08-28-2003 | 08:03 AM

Re: Re: Is it possible to make the V1 blower louder?

Originally posted by Confused

NOPE, he still will talk about the LS1's and V8's watch and see
Old 08-28-2003 | 11:43 AM

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with my blower, very happy. I never said I wasn't. But just watch that video. Wouldn't it be insane to have a blower that sounded like that? It would scare the living hell out of your every day commuter, and even most the ricers. I just think it would be awesome if we could make our blowers whine like that!

Jay...this thread has nothing to do with LS1's or V8's. It has to do with superchargers whines...
Old 08-28-2003 | 11:48 AM

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with my blower, very happy. I never said I wasn't. But just watch that video. Wouldn't it be insane to have a blower that sounded like that? It would scare the living hell out of your every day commuter, and even most the ricers. I just think it would be awesome if we could make our blowers whine like that!

Jay...this thread has nothing to do with LS1's or V8's. It has to do with superchargers whines...
If you want to hear my blower check this vid out it is towards the end, this was filmed this past sat the 23 of Aug

http://www.unf.edu/~sadj0001/Maxmeet03.WMV right clik save as, just messing with you. Very few people do
Old 08-28-2003 | 04:20 PM

Neat video. Your car, and blower, are extremely quiet. Bags brags about his torque, but it looked like he needed some more.....or at least that's what the camera guy thought Ramius's car sounded awesome. Sadler's car had nice burble to it, but had some ricey rasp that begs for a resonator.

just messing with you. Very few people do.
Old 08-28-2003 | 05:44 PM
SXN

i wonder why the 600whp car has a louder blower than u...hmmm
Old 08-28-2003 | 05:50 PM

Neat video. Your car, and blower, are extremely quiet. Bags brags about his torque, but it looked like he needed some more.....or at least that's what the camera guy thought Ramius's car sounded awesome. Sadler's car had nice burble to it, but had some ricey rasp that begs for a resonator.

not to defend baggs but I am quite sure he will wax you in a race. His car has more torque then your car does trust me on that one. We ran more then 8 times and one run up to 150.
Old 08-28-2003 | 06:36 PM

not to defend baggs but I am quite sure he will wax you in a race. His car has more torque then your car does trust me on that one. We ran more then 8 times and one run up to 150.
How much PSI was he pushing in the vid? If he's only pushing 6 and he's untuned than it's understandable why the guy said what he said.

If he wants to come down to Central Florida, I will be glad to show him what the poWah of the 5SpEed@10pSi IZZ aLL uHbOuT yO!!!!!

I think it would be really interesting to race bags or any turbo Max. I'm always up for a friendly race against a max, especially a boosted one.
Old 08-28-2003 | 07:46 PM

How much PSI was he pushing in the vid? If he's only pushing 6 and he's untuned than it's understandable why the guy said what he said.

If he wants to come down to Central Florida, I will be glad to show him what the poWah of the 5SpEed@10pSi IZZ aLL uHbOuT yO!!!!!

I think it would be really interesting to race bags or any turbo Max. I'm always up for a friendly race against a max, especially a boosted one.

what you dont know, he came over and tested his FP, and corrected the problem. His boosting 8PSI, what you dont understand is that hes completely spooled up before you even hit 7 PSI. You will not beat him, trust me on that one plus he has a MEVI and he has the longer gears while you are spinning in first he will pull away from you. Your not half modded as I am, and I have a hard time with him let alone you have a V1 which does not boost like the mighty quiet V2. Go to the track and pull some numbers, I am going to accompany him to the track and you ll see what I am talking about

Jaime
Old 08-28-2003 | 09:55 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Not the camera guy.. MAC..aka ming.. he was driving

he is correct I only have about 250-270 LBS TQ.. I AM GUESSING.. I have NOT been to the dyno with my current setup...

AND I do not remeber braggin about my TQ... I said I make more tha a SC MEVI maxima at the same PSI
Old 08-28-2003 | 10:02 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Now, ming was driving my car not me.. I was on the grill... I am untuned and pushing about 8 PSI..

I do NOT have a SAFC or anyting else... just a Vortech FMU, T3/T4 turbo, and a 3 inch exhaust

Now I did use a FP gauge and try and "tune" my car as best as possible switching the disks in the fmu thanks ramius

and I would enjoy racing you in the SC max or the 4 runner I think it was
Old 08-29-2003 | 06:00 AM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

what you dont know, he came over and tested his FP, and corrected the problem. His boosting 8PSI, what you dont understand is that hes completely spooled up before you even hit 7 PSI. You will not beat him, trust me on that one plus he has a MEVI and he has the longer gears while you are spinning in first he will pull away from you. Your not half modded as I am, and I have a hard time with him let alone you have a V1 which does not boost like the mighty quiet V2. Go to the track and pull some numbers, I am going to accompany him to the track and you ll see what I am talking about
Old 08-29-2003 | 12:04 PM

Originally posted by ejj

:bil:
quiet old man

Bags: My bad about the Video. And I don't want you to think i'm insulting you or whatever in anyway. It would be cool to meet up with you and have a friendly race, whatever the outcome. It's always fun to compare and share ideas and stuff with other Maxima owners.

Jay: Calm down man.

What's your definition of "wax"? As far as torque, I can almost gaurentee you that my car is making more torque than your car, since your MEVI is sucking out all the low end torque. A certain someone (no name yet) with an IDENTICAL setup as mine is making 330+whp and 280+wtq, and probubly starting at a much lower RPM than your 260lbft. Now, the only difference is exhaust. I am running a flowmasters camaro muffler, which will give me LT1 torque, so i'll probably be making around 330tq to the wheels. But anyways, "waxing" someone in a race in my definition, is totally destroying them. Now, if my car is potentially as fast as yours, with more torque, what makes you think he will wax me? Please don't get offended, just asking.
Old 08-29-2003 | 12:17 PM

Um, that Camaro muffler isn't going to give you LT1 torque. You don't actually believe that backpressure is good for torque do you? i really hope you're joking about that 330 tq number. How can you guarantee your car is making more torque than jamie's? MEVI may take away low end torque, but peak torque numbers are still up.

How is a V1 on a 3.125 pulley going to make 330 whp w/ no MEVI. I'd like to see that dyno. Matt didn't even lay down those kinds of numbers on a 3.125, neither did Kevin.

Here's the difference, Jamie has dynod his car. He knows what kind of numbers it puts down. He has run his car at the track, so he knows what kinds of times it runs. You've done neither. All you have are comparisons to other cars with "identical setups" and guessing. I hate to use this term, but that's riceboy logic and math. Not calling you one, but your comparisons aren't valid. You can't just say that your friend's car is making torque at a lower point than Jamie's just because you think it is. You'd have to compare dyno plots.

If you want to race a turbo max, check with Jason. He'd be happy to oblige if you guys are close enough.

What's your definition of "wax"? As far as torque, I can almost gaurentee you that my car is making more torque than your car, since your MEVI is sucking out all the low end torque. A certain someone (no name yet) with an IDENTICAL setup as mine is making 330+whp and 280+wtq, and probubly starting at a much lower RPM than your 260lbft. Now, the only difference is exhaust. I am running a flowmasters camaro muffler, which will give me LT1 torque, so i'll probably be making around 330tq to the wheels. But anyways, "waxing" someone in a race in my definition, is totally destroying them. Now, if my car is potentially as fast as yours, with more torque, what makes you think he will wax me? Please don't get offended, just asking.
Old 08-29-2003 | 12:26 PM
ejj

quiet old man

330tq to the wheels.
Not 332?
Old 08-29-2003 | 12:26 PM

Originally posted by Shadow
Um, that Camaro muffler isn't going to give you LT1 torque. You don't actually believe that backpressure is good for torque do you? i really hope you're joking about that 330 tq number.
Oh my Lord...

How is a V1 on a 3.125 pulley going to make 330 whp w/ no MEVI. I'd like to see that dyno. Matt didn't even lay down those kinds of numbers on a 3.125, neither did Kevin.
I think he peaked at 11psi. His car is a freak.

Here's the difference, Jamie has dynod his car. He knows what kind of numbers it puts down. He has run his car at the track, so he knows what kinds of times it runs. You've done neither. All you have are comparisons to other cars with "identical setups" and guessing. I hate to use this term, but that's riceboy logic and math. Not calling you one, but your comparisons aren't valid. You can't just say that your friend's car is making torque at a lower point than Jamie's just because you think it is. You'd have to compare dyno plots.
My AEM FPR malfunctioned from the factory, so I have to send it back and have summit overnight me a new FPR. I need to get that back on then I will go dyno tune. My car's been running like **** becuse that FPR held NO fuel pressure on startup. (thus the mad stuttering)

If you want to race a turbo max, check with Jason. He'd be happy to oblige if you guys are close enough.
I will be happpppy to whip Jason's @ss. If I can beat a modded Z28, I can beat aaaaaaaaaaaaanything!

DISCLAIMER: The above statement was said in a joking fashion, and should not be taken seriously. Please do not take offense to it. Smilies obviously don't indicate my sarcasm.
Old 08-29-2003 | 12:28 PM
ejj

Here's the difference, Jamie has dynod his car. He knows what kind of numbers it puts down. He has run his car at the track, so he knows what kinds of times it runs. You've done neither. All you have are comparisons to other cars with "identical setups" and guessing. I hate to use this term, but that's riceboy logic and math.

Old 08-29-2003 | 12:31 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

quiet old man

Bags: My bad about the Video. And I don't want you to think i'm insulting you or whatever in anyway. It would be cool to meet up with you and have a friendly race, whatever the outcome. It's always fun to compare and share ideas and stuff with other Maxima owners.

no sweat

I did not take offense or get mad.. ming needs a swift kick in the shin , but other than that everything is cool

I will only say this... DYNO wise.. jay's car is in the top 5 WHP maxima's on this board.

1/4 mile times.. are a little low @ 13.5 but the trap of 108/109 MPH is good enough for a 12.99

but when push comes to shove it's all fun to me win or lose
Old 08-29-2003 | 12:31 PM

Originally posted by ejj

oh go put your dentures in.
Old 08-29-2003 | 12:34 PM
ejj

oh go put your dentures in.
Jealous? Sick of being a high-schooler?
Old 08-29-2003 | 12:40 PM

Did he run those times at commerce?

Originally posted by bags533

I will only say this... DYNO wise.. jay's car is in the top 5 WHP maxima's on this board.

1/4 mile times.. are a little low @ 13.5 but the trap of 108/109 MPH is good enough for a 12.99

but when push comes to shove it's all fun to me win or lose
Old 08-29-2003 | 12:41 PM

Originally posted by ejj

Jealous? Sick of being a high-schooler?
Not really. I am savoring every minute of my senior year. It's all about having fun this year, before the good times in college.

Old 08-29-2003 | 12:44 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Did he run those times at commerce?

yes
Old 08-29-2003 | 01:33 PM

quiet old man

I am hard individual to become angry. Listen why dont you come over here for NOPI, lets make some footage, Ill still be boosted Ill just be the camera man and we can compare. I know a good road to run on. Ill install this program to upload a video you guys have to check it out. If you do come to Ga lets compare V1 3.125 to a V2 3.25 and 8-10PSI turbo we can all make a fun comparison. OOh let me not forget we also have Max4speed w/3.125 pulley like you. I am trapping 106.89 in the 1/4 what are you trapping? thats with the MEVI.

Jaime

EJJ I didnt know you were old
Old 08-29-2003 | 01:39 PM
ejj

EJJ I didnt know you were old

I'm just 24. Craigy is just being
Old 08-29-2003 | 02:20 PM

Originally posted by ejj

I'm just 42.
You sure are.

Quick Reply: Is it possible to make the V1 blower louder?