Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

NE1 dealt with this look alike Cartech FMU?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 08:20 AM

NE1 dealt with this look alike Cartech FMU?

I spoke to the producer of the product and they say it's similar to the cartech product but improved on the valves? He said the Cartech valve needle doesn't line up or something. It does have Base pressure and fuel riser adj.
I found it on EBAY
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting
And it comes with the bracket.

They also make it for EIP
http://www.eiptuning.com/eip03webfolder/index.html

How much is there to a FMU that you can improve on. And if you can do you guys think this would be worth it?
Old 09-22-2003, 08:43 AM

Those look exactly like the cartech...down to the mounting bracket. 'BEGI' actually makes these FMUs for Cartech so maybe they made it for those other companies.

I dont see any more ***** or screws then the cartech so I doubt it can adjust base fuel pressure. Ask him how its connected. If its in series with the FPR then it cant adjust base.

The SFMU from Vortech can adjust base and the rising rate as it replaces the stock FPR.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by MAXIN
Those look exactly like the cartech...down to the mounting bracket. 'BEGI' actually makes these FMUs for Cartech so maybe they made it for those other companies.

I dont see any more ***** or screws then the cartech so I doubt it can adjust base fuel pressure. Ask him how its connected. If its in series with the FPR then it cant adjust base.

The SFMU from Vortech can adjust base and the rising rate as it replaces the stock FPR.
Yea the Top allen hole adj pressure and the little *** on THE SIDE adj boost pressure.

http://www.eiptuning.com/eip03webfol...egulators.html
Old 09-22-2003, 11:53 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

I'm in the market for a FPR too. Let me know what you decided on. I have a AEM new in the box but I have been hearing negative things about them. I just need to able to adjust base fuel pressure. No boost so I don't need adjustable boost pressure.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by 1MAX2NV
I'm in the market for a FPR too. Let me know what you decided on. I have a AEM new in the box but I have been hearing negative things about them. I just need to able to adjust base fuel pressure. No boost so I don't need adjustable boost pressure.
I just email EIP so I'll post the reply from them as soon as I get it.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:34 PM

The cartech has those same two adjustments. "The screw on the top is for the adjustment of the base pressure at the atmospheric pressure point (Zero on the boost gauge). This adjustment is to pass through the boost onset without the lean flat spot."

So it will only start adjusting the fuel pressure once it detects boost. At idle we are in vacuum so it will allow the stock(or aftermarket) fuel pressure regulator to maintain the fuel pressure.

If you want an all in one, you want the Vortech Super FMU.

But dont you already have an aftermarket FPR? If so, just get the cartech(or one of those similar ones) and connect it in series with your FPR.
Old 09-22-2003, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by MAXIN
The cartech has those same two adjustments. "The screw on the top is for the adjustment of the base pressure at the atmospheric pressure point (Zero on the boost gauge). This adjustment is to pass through the boost onset without the lean flat spot."

So it will only start adjusting the fuel pressure once it detects boost. At idle we are in vacuum so it will allow the stock(or aftermarket) fuel pressure regulator to maintain the fuel pressure.

If you want an all in one, you want the Vortech Super FMU.

But dont you already have an aftermarket FPR? If so, just get the cartech(or one of those similar ones) and connect it in series with your FPR.
I have the 370cc inj so I have to lower the idle pressure. The regulator I currently have is the stock and the AEROMOTIVE 1000 HP BOOST SENSITIVE (EIP COMPETITION SERIES)
The first FPR on the page.

I need to remove the stock FPR for sure. Let me send them the info you gave so I can confirm with them. I guess I'm lost when it comes to these FMU's. I better wait on buying the FMU untill I'm 100% sure. Well at least we know the Vortech solutions works for sure.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Max
The regulator I currently have is the stock and the AEROMOTIVE 1000 HP BOOST SENSITIVE (EIP COMPETITION SERIES)
The first FPR on the page.
You should be able to lower your idle fuel pressure with that regulator. Then just install the cartech (or similar) FMU on the fuel return line from that FPR and your set.

With the Vortech S-fmu it will be easier to install since thats all that is needed for idle(vacuum) and on-boost fuel pressure adjustments, but still requires you to swap out discs to change the rising rate, whereas with the cartech you just turn a screw.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:48 PM

I guess I'll give it a shot. I'll remove the stock FPR.I already have the ADj. FPR hooked up I'll see if I can get it low enough. then mess with the FMU.
Old 09-22-2003, 06:48 PM
Permanent Maxima.org Resident

if you remove the oem fpr you will need the fuel rail fitting.. sx7r sells em. since you have a adjustable rising fpr most guys just sequence a standard fpr to control static pressure since the vortech sfmu is $300+
Old 09-23-2003, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Confused
if you remove the oem fpr you will need the fuel rail fitting.. sx7r sells em. since you have a adjustable rising fpr most guys just sequence a standard fpr to control static pressure since the vortech sfmu is $300+
Awsome. I was looking for that fitting.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Max
Awsome. I was looking for that fitting.
http://www.sx7r.com/
Old 09-23-2003, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by 1MAX2NV
Hmm... I've heard the samething. What other FPR's are out there? I'm in the market for one as well.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by teejnut
Hmm... I've heard the samething. What other FPR's are out there? I'm in the market for one as well.
Well since I already have the one on that page I'm gonna see if it wil lower the the base pressure enough after I remove the stock one.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:18 PM
I'm needing a caw

I'm gonna move this into the boost forum. I'd like to reference this thread sometime.