Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

4 CEL codes today.. Little help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 02:34 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

4 CEL codes today.. Little help.

Well two of these I knew about, and one is because of the 5spd swap.

1. 13-02 Fuel Pump Control Module
2. 13-05 MAP/BARO SW Solenoid/Valve
3. 01-14 Fuel INJ Sys Right bank:rich
4. 03-02 EGR System Hi/Low Flow

The Fuel pump controle module is because I have a 97 5-spd ecu in a 98. This is of no importance, and has been around since the 5-spd swap occurred.

The MAP/BARO SW Solenoid/Valve code I got when we turbo'd the car. I have not experienced anyone else throwing this code. The vacumm line that was supposed to go into the intake before the MAFS ended up being tapped into other vacumm lines that the wastegate and BOV got tapped to. I am not sure if this sensor went bad when the vacumm line on the sensor got knocked off during FMU install and we started the car with no vacumm to the sensor, or if it happened because of boost. I had this checked at nissan and they said the sensor was fine and they reset the ecu.

As for the other two codes, those are new today. I experienced these upon first run of the turbo, and I think the car went into fail safe when they came up (then and now). There was no blinking CEL code, the car just felt really really sluggish and half-stalled one time at idle. I didn't experience any change in fuel pressure today, no spike, nothing out of the ordinary. The codes went away with the reset of the ecu the first time.

I reset the ecu, cleared the codes and started the car up (rev'd here and there, nothing big). It idled fine and I shut it off after 3-5 minutes and ran the codes again and got nothing. I am sure if anything comes up it will come while driving again.

So what's the deal? The MAPS/Baro sensor I am going to order tomorrow and replace if the code comes back, but not sure what to do to avoid the other 2?

jason
Old 10-13-2003, 02:46 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Sounds like an intake air leak. Physically push/pull all your silicone connectors, since they may look fine, but even a small gap will do that.

Just a guess though.

Originally Posted by thebigsadler

As for the other two codes, those are new today. I experienced these upon first run of the turbo, and I think the car went into fail safe when they came up (then and now). There was no blinking CEL code, the car just felt really really sluggish and half-stalled one time at idle. I didn't experience any change in fuel pressure today, no spike, nothing out of the ordinary. The codes went away with the reset of the ecu the first time.

I reset the ecu, cleared the codes and started the car up (rev'd here and there, nothing big). It idled fine and I shut it off after 3-5 minutes and ran the codes again and got nothing. I am sure if anything comes up it will come while driving again.

jason
Old 10-13-2003, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by IceY2K1
Sounds like an intake air leak. Physically push/pull all your silicone connectors, since they may look fine, but even a small gap will do that.

Just a guess though.
I yanked on all the couplers I could, nothing felt out of place, I will recheck it in a few hours when the car is less hot. I am taking all the piping off on wed/thurs anyways to send out for chrome, so they will all get taken off and put back on... Wish I had a lift and some air tools again.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:44 PM

I am going to check the MAFS for possible filament burn out or evidence of some issue there, all of the couplers look tight and piping seems together.

Car seems to feel fine under boost, but studders a little when not in boost driving normally..?