Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

New to this Forum wanna learn...got questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 08:51 AM

New to this Forum wanna learn...got questions

OK I always hear about people going throudh their AUTOMATIC trannys when they supercharge their cars. I personally like supercharging over turboing out the motor (too many particulars). Well this is my question: Is there anyway to upgrade your AUTO tranny other than getting a 5sp conversion. I have a 95GXE, just got a new job that pays a little bit better than my banking job. Is there a decent supercharger out there for 4th Gens. And how can I upgrade the tranny. can you cryo treat an auto like I've heard people doing on stock gears on manuals? And how much would a SCed setup go for? THANKS guys....

P.S. Anyone running a SCed + MEVI setup??? what kind of gains? worth it? Possible? Any other opinions...
Old 12-12-2003, 11:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

vb recalibration will get you a faster shifting. add a tranny cooler will help in reducing tranny fluid temperature. that's the basic stuff you can do.

other than that, you can have Level10 rebuild your auto tranny with stronger gear and clutch pad.
Old 12-12-2003, 02:51 PM
Pizda Boy

General discussion forum, topic about ne tranny, dude got his tranny BULLET PROOFED. Also why exactly do you like the SC over a TC? Many SC guys are going TC simply because you get more power at lower psi. Also SC power builds up til redline where TC power is full at a lower rpm.