Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

help...V1 sc or V2 sc?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 10:44 AM

help...V1 sc or V2 sc?

i'm in the market of buying a supercharger and i could either get the V1 or the V2. so i was wondering if one is better than the other? if there are any differences between them?
Old 12-12-2003, 02:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Ask in the SC/ Turbo forum
Old 12-12-2003, 03:02 PM

If you buy my red/clears, your max will be faster than any s/c'ed maxima. j/k

I don't know why you would go up to $370 and just back down. It kinda ****ed me off but thats aright. The next bidder said $350 so no biggie.

check on the boosted forums for some info on the s/c. good luck.
-Paul
Old 12-12-2003, 04:22 PM

go to the supercharged area i went there cause i am goin to get a turbo they are helping me out alot they know there stuff
Old 12-12-2003, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by -=PK=-Maxima
i'm in the market of buying a supercharger and i could either get the V1 or the V2. so i was wondering if one is better than the other? if there are any differences between them?

performance wise i believe they are quite similar... however the biggest difference is that the V1 has a mega loud "wine" as the V2 is alittle quieter... so it's good for a sleeper..
Old 12-12-2003, 10:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

V1 Stillen kit comes with a better bracket.

The V2 SC kit has pullies that tend to melt and belts that tend to jump. This can be remedied however by upgrading the idler pullies on the bracket to metal pullies.

V1 is VERY loud. Mine appears to have been louder than most, but you could hear it 1/8th of a mile away. Makes people next to you roll their windows up and makes cops look at you constantly.

V2 is quite a bit quieter. some more than others - it seems to be the luck of the draw.

V2 boosts about 1PSI more than the V1 at any given pulley size.

I myself had a bad V1 SC and was sick of the noise and embarrasment when picking up the future in-laws. Also sick of not being more "sleeper". So I'm in the process right now of upgrading to a V2. However, had my V1 not had issues in the first place, I probably wouldn't be doing the change.

Craig Mack thought it was awesome to have it that loud to attract attention and show off to people what was under his hood.

What sound you want depends on your lifestyle and personal preferences.

Hope that helps.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:26 AM

yeah that helped a lot thanks.