Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Stalling Problems Again

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 06:24 PM

Stalling Problems Again

This is a long post, but bear with me. Thanks.

I know I posted this before, but I need some help on this one. Since I converted the car to 5speed and using y-pipe, Ive notice the car would bearly hesitate to almost a stall while deccelarating. Then the idle would pickup. This by the way is while driving.

Since I'm Turbo-Charged, my stalling problem has gotten worse. I would deccelerate while in 2nd, my speed is at 10mph and the rpms are going below 1k, then suddenly the rmp needle drops quick then stalls until engine shutdown. Sometime I would come out of 2rd then go into neutral to avoid stalling. It would be nice to down-shift smoothly from 3rd, 2nd, then to 1st with-out this problem. Anyway to make matters worse, this would happen intermittingly.

I tried resolving this problem by moving the MAF towards the TB, but the problem persisted. My next resolution was swapping my 5speed ECU with the auto-ECU. The stalling problem appeared to be resvolved, but a few weeks later it started again. I also tried adjusting my BOV from soft to high seeing if it would help. Surprisingly, it would work fine for a few days then back to "square one"

I ran codes using the 5speed ecu. the only thing which pops up is "speed-sensor". I even ran codes with the auto-ecu. Ive gotten all codes pertaining to the auto transmission which is obviuos, but I did get the codes 3-4 "Knock Sensore" and 11-1 "Inhibitor Switch".

I have already replace the inhibitor switch a few months back, so I may need to replace it again. As for the Knock sensore. I will replace it. But I dont think it may resolve the stalling issue.

Perhaps I may need to change the MAF, it may be faulty. Not sure?? someone also told me that a faulty crank-sensor or TP-Sensore can cause this issue, but the ecu dont show codes on those sensors.

But one thing I do notice is while deccelarating from say 30mph on down I do get a lot of burbling sounds out of the exhaust. Very loud burbling or baffling sounds when this problem happens. On my boost gauge, vacuum registers close to 30 while off the gas. Not sure if it means anything.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks again.