Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Turbo VQ Stalled out now it wont start help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 09:41 PM
BUY MY CARS PLEASE!!!

Turbo VQ Stalled out now it wont start help!

well i was out to sea so i had the shop put my cartech fmu in. as soon as i dropped the part off the owner of the shop gerald started talking sh*t saying im going old school and im cutting corners and i should do it the right way by getting a jwt ecu made. if eveyone else is using one why shouldnt i?
aight so i get back to dry land and i run to the shop and i get there just in time he is gonna start the car for the first time. its starts but it idles rough then dies so they start it again and it starts and idles rough and i could smell fuel in the exhaust gases gerald plays with the fmu while vito f*cks with the throttle cable but it dies i notice that the fuel light was on so i get a gas can and get 1.5 gallons of 91 octane. we put it in now the car sputters and doesnt start. gerald says my plugs are probably fouled i think its the maf hotwire problem. so we call it a night. today i roll the car out of the shop screw the **** all the way in on the fmu and i install my SAFC2 i set the sensor type to hot wire 1 to 1 set the cylinders to 6 and i try to start her up and it burbbles and dosent start so i change the plugs with ngk coppers and no start i unhook the maf and yep you guessed it no start. i try to start it like 4 more times and i pull the plug to see if it was wet (i was thinking some how it might be flooded) the plugs were fine. i said to gerald it might be a vacume problem but he swears that vito installed every line perfect and tight.

please any suggestions im getting worried when the the shop that built the kit and installed it are starting to say i dont know whats wrong???
Old 01-18-2004, 08:52 AM
BUY MY CARS PLEASE!!!

um guys come on
Old 01-18-2004, 10:29 AM
BUY MY CARS PLEASE!!!

my boy said that i ran my fuel system dry and i need to put some fuel additive in the gas tank to start it up what do you guys think
Old 01-18-2004, 01:35 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If he installed a part and it is not running after you get it, it is his responsibility to find and solve the problem. Make him take everything apart and do it again.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by spanishrice
If he installed a part and it is not running after you get it, it is his responsibility to find and solve the problem. Make him take everything apart and do it again.
yeah what are oyu asking us for its not your problem its the shops did they even try to start the car after installing it.

and ive never heard of having to add any fuel additive after running the system dry

maybe try spraying some gas/carb cleaner down the throttle body and see if it starts for a second if it does you definitly have a fuel related problem. if it does not start you have a problem somewhere else
Old 01-19-2004, 01:12 AM
BUY MY CARS PLEASE!!!

thanks guys i read one of baggs old threads http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=278983
and i got all the tips i think i need

and as far as the shop that im working with its kind of a learning experience for them its the first 4th gen they ever did but that doesnt mean its okay to have some ****ty customer service they have been sitting on the ride since october 6th. but he is the only shop that was willing to do the work. the "great shop" in san diego Pann Auto didnt even want to bother with me they rather just do bull sh*t honda engine swaps. and i think those guys a jwt are as*holes. i get the feeling if you dont us their parts they treat you like sh*t

i cant wait till i go to Virginia Beach so i can go to mechanic school and get certified with a bunch of my boys that have been doing all their swaps an work since day one and just start a small shop of our own so we dont ever have to deal with the big business mentality of "i have a good rep already so f*ck the little guy"

okay im stepping down from my soap box