Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Clutch...ACT ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 08:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Clutch...ACT ??

Ive had an ACT on my non boosted car for about almost 2 years and I am going to be boosting soon but before that I am doing a tranny...I have had the worst chatter with my setup..first ACT-Stock flywheel then ACT-Fidanza (currently) while I am doing the clutch I want to buy a new clutch while im in there and have the flywheel recut...Now will I get chatter ?? I plan on owning this car for a while and dont want to bother with chatter.>I HATE IT.>I cant deal with it any more..its chatters soo bad my hole car shakes and doenst move forward..I need that fixed...but I still need the clamp force of an ACT since I will be boosted...

any words of wisdom

-matt
Old 03-03-2004, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by matty
Ive had an ACT on my non boosted car for about almost 2 years and I am going to be boosting soon but before that I am doing a tranny...I have had the worst chatter with my setup..first ACT-Stock flywheel then ACT-Fidanza (currently) while I am doing the clutch I want to buy a new clutch while im in there and have the flywheel recut...Now will I get chatter ?? I plan on owning this car for a while and dont want to bother with chatter.>I HATE IT.>I cant deal with it any more..its chatters soo bad my hole car shakes and doenst move forward..I need that fixed...but I still need the clamp force of an ACT since I will be boosted...

any words of wisdom

-matt
The way to eliminate chatter is to slip the clutch at about 1500-1800 rpm when starting out from a stop. You can reduce a lot of chatter by stiffening your front and rear motor mounts with polyurethane. I filled the rear mount with poly and the front with epoxy (lots stiffer). That results in a bit of NVH at idle, but I get no wheel hop and it has made the clutch behave significantly better.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:14 PM

Ive done mounts...Do I just buy another ACT and hope no chatter will be there

-matt
Old 03-03-2004, 07:35 PM

Bump to the top...

Also one more question, with the V2 I have been reading alot about Shredded Belts ?? Do I have to worry if its installed correclty ??

-matt
Old 03-04-2004, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by matty
Bump to the top...

Also one more question, with the V2 I have been reading alot about Shredded Belts ?? Do I have to worry if its installed correclty ??

-matt

the belt shredding drama. Many things can make you shred your belt

1. Missing bolts

2. Missing one or both stand off bolts<----these align the plate you must have these

3. Repacing the alternator with a autozone alternator and installing the clip backwards and not clipping or cutting in half. Then grind it down to be smooth

4. Loose belt

5. Missing key between pulley and blower shaft

6. Rails on the idler pulley

7. Too much tension on belt which will melt the plastic pulley will also shred a belt seconds. Even on a V1 SCer.

Those are the seven known things that I know that will definitely shred your belt. They all can be fixed. Just have to know what to do.