Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

SAFC2 KS monitor

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 10:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

SAFC2 KS monitor

OK, as I have read before, the KS function does not work with out KS's. And after 2 days of driving it while hearing some serious knock I'm completely convinced that the "piezoelectric element" style KS does not jive with what the SAFC2 is looking for. But it has to work on some cars, right? Has anyone found out what kind of knock sensor works with the SAFC2? Or even what kinds of vehicles does it work with?

If I know what knock sensor to order, I could hook it up solely for the purpose of enabling the KS function on the SAFC2.

D
Old 03-25-2004, 12:14 AM

Did you zero the knock sensor input on the AFC?
Old 03-25-2004, 01:39 AM
Banned

It works on obd1 cars.

Read this. This is where I first learned it wouldn't work.

BTW Great idea, let us know if it works.

http://www.prostreetonline.com/pso/p...p?articleid=33
Old 03-25-2004, 10:59 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by nateplaysbass
Did you zero the knock sensor input on the AFC?
I comes zero'ed out... I ran it while zero'ed and I got 0 for a reading. I set the values on it and I got the readings that Jime was getting. It would start out at 0 then keep getting higher and higher all the while bouncing around within a variance of about 4. It seems to serve a better purpose as a timer for my trip as it would increase by about 1 for every 2 minutes I was driving it.

I'm going to try to do some homework and see what I can come up with.

This is all under the assumption that no one has gotten their KS function to work on 95 and up max's. Correct me if I'm wrong (I would LOVE to be wrong on this one).

D
Old 03-26-2004, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by sleepermaxima
I comes zero'ed out...
Dude, open your SAFCII manual to page 38 and read the section about "Knocking signal correction"

Did you do that?

Mine works, but I don't know how well, b'c I don't have a use for it yet. SOON.... I'll watch it closely tomorow, and I'll tell you what happens.

Nate
Old 03-26-2004, 03:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by nateplaysbass
Dude, open your SAFCII manual to page 38 and read the section about "Knocking signal correction"

Did you do that?

Mine works, but I don't know how well, b'c I don't have a use for it yet. SOON.... I'll watch it closely tomorow, and I'll tell you what happens.

Nate

Yes, we have all done that. He didn't say it didn't give a reading, its just that the reading is meaninless and doesn't correlate to anything the car is doing and just keeps going higher the longer the car has been runnng.

To the best of my knowledge no one has gotten it to work on obdii cars because the signal from the ks is incorrect for the S-AFCII.

Sleepermax, my Son is a DSM guy and has some contacts with DSM speed shops, I will see if he can get a 1st Gen DSM ks for me to try out.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:48 PM

hmm.. your right, the signal is useless... well, not I'm interested in a OBDI KS, Let me know what you find.

Nate