Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Clutch sticks

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 12:30 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Clutch sticks

I had an ACT Clutch put in and now whenever I drive in bumper-to-bumper traffic, or use the clutch alot on a long trip, it starts to not let me put it in gear and the clutch starts to stick and pop out. What's the deal?
Old 03-30-2004, 01:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Well kind of normal at times with an upgraded clutch. It can pop out of gear and be hard. But only normally happens when the setup is cold. Like if you got a puck type clutch, its definetely possible for the gear to pop out say in the morning, but once warmed up, its usually good. Sometimes it can still pop out though.

Dixit
Old 03-30-2004, 02:56 PM
I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder

Originally Posted by BigDogJonx
Well kind of normal at times with an upgraded clutch. It can pop out of gear and be hard. But only normally happens when the setup is cold. Like if you got a puck type clutch, its definetely possible for the gear to pop out say in the morning, but once warmed up, its usually good. Sometimes it can still pop out though.

Dixit

well his problem is once the car has ALREADY been warmed..

sounds to me like you may have air in ur lines, or ur clutch pedal's engagement point may need to be adjusted.

my $.02
Old 04-02-2004, 05:56 PM
slackass

just to make sure im answering the question right... does it stick when you push it all the way to the floor? or does it stick randomly while you are driving?
Old 04-04-2004, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by mymaxlvsattn
just to make sure im answering the question right... does it stick when you push it all the way to the floor? or does it stick randomly while you are driving?
What I mean is that after I drive for a little bit, I'll push the clutch in and try to shift but it won't let me into the gear. Then after a little bit longer, the clutch will start sticking and popping out a second after I push it in.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:07 PM
slackass

Originally Posted by dadiesel
What I mean is that after I drive for a little bit, I'll push the clutch in and try to shift but it won't let me into the gear. Then after a little bit longer, the clutch will start sticking and popping out a second after I push it in.
I actually had that same exact problem... what was happening was the throwout bearing was sticking at the very end of its travel across the imput shaft. the way the 2 tabs on the throwout bearing slid on the clutch fork made it so when it hit a certain point..the bearing would not let the clutch fork move back to perpendicular with the imput shaft.

it did it to me at a stoplight, I Couldnt go into any gear and i got some nice hand jestures my way. What i did was reached down and played with the pedal with my hand. Obviously since the pedal isnt directly connected...the imput is given thru the clutch slave cylinder its kinda hit or miss.

It hasnt happened lately, even when i was trying to reproduce it so I havent worried too much about it. I hope that some of this helps you understand what is going on and hopefully you can find an answer w/o having to disassemble.

hopefully this was helpful and good luck
Old 04-05-2004, 10:15 PM

Thanks for the input!