Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Can this bolt come out ?? V1

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 08:00 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Can this bolt come out ?? V1..MAF question too

1) On the bottom of the blower there is the fittng that goes into the blower for the oil drain...can that fitting come out of the blower or no ??
if yes can I put on some kinda sealant on the threads to make sure it doenst leak..there is some oil on the bottom I want to clean off good and I think the source is that connection...

2) Also what would be a good choice of product to use to polish up the blower ??
000 Steal Wool
Termantine

3) I plan on running a Z32-MAF with my S/C program off of my JWT-ECU and Im having some second thaught because I dont know where to mount it...It would be nice to mount it in the stock spot, witch I may do, but some guys have put in the wheel well witch is the right spot according to JWT (at least 18" from the blower on the NON-charged side) well if anyone is running there Z-32 MAF in the wheel well please post PICS...also you would have to run a recirluation system if you go and do that so pics and how to on that would be nice ....I was thinking of having a fab pipe made and run the intake back accross the engine bay and mounting the filter where the battary is located now ??

something to think about

-matt
Old 04-18-2004, 11:41 PM
Sports Button FTW

Hey matty

Read this thread:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=301303

It looks like noone has the 18" setup except for 5th Gens which have a pipe that goes back across the bay to near the stock location.

For 4th Gens, I don't know yet of any solution - but we're working on fabbing something. I may fab something temporary myself by removing the Washer Resiviour and running a double bent pipe (90 degrees into the wheel well then forward from there).

As for the return line port, yes, you can remove it.

I'll keep you posted if I come up with a solution. Stephen Max is running on the charged side for 6 months now without any ill effect. (YET)

IanS