Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

eManage injector harness with BIGGER injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 04:12 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

eManage injector harness with BIGGER injectors?

Once you've entered in the size before/after, it calculates the difference of the two sizes to come up with a correction factor, ie before cc/after cc = CF. Then it trims the whole fuel map(factory map) for proper idling and drivability.

My question is if you set the Air Flow Adjustment Map to all "0", does the "Airflow Meter Input" vary from the "Airflow Meter Output" when viewing the Real Time Display AT IDLE or CLOSED LOOP, ie non-WOT?

I'm trying to understand if the eManage controls larger injectors directly by modifying pulse-width through the injector harness or INdirectly by conditioning the MAF voltage.

Thanks.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:59 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I'm at another comp so I can't pull up any of the old datalogs, but WOW...I just read the FAQ a little closer.....(from the mohdparts FAQ

"Optional Injection Harness – This splices into the stock fuel injectors for control and logging. With this harness, you can directly add pulsewidth to the stock injectors and datalog their activity. You can also directly control 2 additional injectors as well."
http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/EmanageFAQ.txt
(FYI this page comes about 2-3 pages before the first mention of the install of the optional injector harness)

it says nothing about subtraction..ONLY adding pulsewidth to stock injectors and for additional injector control. but now it makes even more sense because there are airflow adjustment dials on the side of the Emanage which allow you to make adjustments even without a laptop OR injector harness installed(basically like the AFC). this page of the install guide kinda reinforces what I mean-->
http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/man...-manage_21.JPG

so from what I'm getting technically other than for datalogging IDCs and adding fuel the injector harness isn't necessary. so basically you could for go the injector harness and still control fuel subtraction via your laptop using the air flow map soooo....in a nutshell[b] fuel subtraction now seems to be 100% its MAF based... ...just an oversized AFC anyone??
Old 04-19-2004, 06:23 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

and again from the FAQ to set people straight on the Pressure sensor deal...

The Greddy pressure sensor simply adds another basis for your fuel maps in the E-manage - you can use it to tune your fuel maps instead of the input from the airflow meter (very useful if your airflow meter has run out of range), but that's all internal to the E-manage.

can't stress that enough!!! it DOES NOT TAKE OVER!!!!
Old 04-20-2004, 04:39 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Well I have an old run that Addae gave me and the correction factor is a .649 on the 370cc injectors. Now looking at a datalog at right around idle airflow in is 1.886v, out is showing 1.608v. That is not .649 correction factor on the MAF directly then. Thats only coming to a .853 correction factor if we were looking at the MAF only.

Dixit
Old 04-20-2004, 07:26 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Actually after reading this in the Support Tool documentation:

GReddy Pressure Sensor
-Choose this box when an optional GReddy pressure sensor will be used for the scale of each Map tables.
-This function is used when the system exceeds the Air Flow Meter's capacity. The factory ECU will continue to read off the Air Flow Meter, but the eManage system will work off the GReddy pressure sensor.
AND

Boost Limiter Cut Setting
-This is used to eliminate the factory fuel cut by the ECU due to the increase of the intake air flow.
-The Air Flow Meter or MAP sensor input signal to the ECU can be clamped. However, since the ECU can not recognize the amount of increase of the intake air flow over the clamped signal, compensation(increased fuel) in the Additional Injector Map is recommended.
That sounds like you'll have an airflow referenced system(GOOD!) upto the MAF limit and then a boost referenced eManage system above that limit(not so good).

I'd have a UEGO to back up that boost referenced system if possible.

Originally Posted by DA-MAX
and again from the FAQ to set people straight on the Pressure sensor deal...

The Greddy pressure sensor simply adds another basis for your fuel maps in the E-manage - you can use it to tune your fuel maps instead of the input from the airflow meter (very useful if your airflow meter has run out of range), but that's all internal to the E-manage.

can't stress that enough!!! it DOES NOT TAKE OVER!!!!