Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Greddy E-Manage Install Aid Please......

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 06:48 PM
Ramius83

Greddy E-Manage Install Aid Please......

Ok, so I am just about to install the E-manage finally. I have just completed installing the Profec E-01, and I am using it to control the e-manage. I also purchased the injector and ignition harness for it as well. And yes, I have already purchased the correct diodes for the required voltage drop to the coil-packs.

Now, I do have a few questions:

Injector Harness

1. The injector harness just taps into the stock harness correct, meaning it doesn't interrupt the signal, it is just monitoring the injectors?

2. In the diagrams, it says Channel 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Now, I take it that Channels 1-6 correspond to the Injectors 1-6 correct? I just match up the wires right?

Ignition Harness

3. In the diagrams, it also says Channels 1-6, and A and B as well. What are these A and B channels? And for what wires to do they correspond to for the install?

Misc. Questions

4. I purchased a regular USB "rectangular" to USB "square" wire to install between the E-manage and the Profec E-01, this will work right?

5. The dial-***** on the side of the e-manage, what settings do I put FOR EACH ONE?

6. I thought that a laptop could "talk" to the E-01, and then the E-01 can talk to the E-manage, can it not do this? Should I also purchase the support-tool for the e-manage.

Thanks guys for the help. And if you have any more tips, please let me know. Thanks.

Old 07-11-2004, 10:24 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

1. yes, just tap each injector wire...they are to be done in "series", each a ceratin distance from the ECU so make sure you follow the manual

2. yes channel 1 = injector 1 and so on...match away

3. haven't done the install in a while, but just treat the ignition harness the same as the injector harness excpet "intercept" the coil signals...and make sure you have the "out" side going towards the coils and "in" side to the ECU(I screwed that up on my first install)

4. no clue, never used the E01 with it

5. if you will be using/adjusting the airflow maps via laptop or E01, leave the dials at "0"
thsoe dials are to adjust the air flow map if you aren't using the E01 or a laptop.

6. not sure...all I know is you can use either or. as far as using laptop and E01 together I dunno. I've always used the laptop/support tool setup and I have no experiece with the E01 interface
Old 07-12-2004, 10:53 AM
Ramius83

Thanks for the help DA-Max. I am about to start the actual injector/ignition install, so we will see how it goes. As far as the injector wiring goes, what distance are they supposed to be. I don't remember seeing that in the manual, but I will look closer in a few minutes. Thanks again.

Old 07-12-2004, 11:26 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

when i did Redmax's, i just wired like in this diagram, i could have sworn i read somewhere to do like this.

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/man...-manage_23.JPG

see how 4,3,2,1 are grouped togehter with a little space in between and 5,6 and ground are a little farther away...maybe I'm just taking the picture too literal though
Old 07-12-2004, 11:43 AM
Ramius83

I think they only did that because they couldn't fit it all together with the other lines lol. I don't know either, but to me, I personally don't think it will matter one bit. When it is monitoring like that, wiring is wiring. A couple inches will not matter one bit. Only when it gets into the hundreds of feet is a repeater needed to amplify the signal. So I think that putting them all together should be fine. I need to hold off on the ignition install until these stupid diodes come in.

BTW, looking more closely at the diagrams, I don't see a Channel A/B. I don't know what I was thinking, but oh well lol.

Also, with the ignition harness install diagram, it shows the same wire for Channel 3, both are marked with the Yellow/Black wire for out lol. I take it that the Channel 3 IN is supposed to be the white striped Yellow wire lol, right?

Are you sure I don't have to turn any of the ***** to set the 6 cylinder coil setting or anything like that? Thanks again big guy. You have been some great help.

Old 07-12-2004, 11:58 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally Posted by Ramius83
Also, with the ignition harness install diagram, it shows the same wire for Channel 3, both are marked with the Yellow/Black wire for out lol. I take it that the Channel 3 IN is supposed to be the white striped Yellow wire lol, right?

Are you sure I don't have to turn any of the ***** to set the 6 cylinder coil setting or anything like that? Thanks again big guy. You have been some great help.

THESE ARE WHAT YOU WANT TO SET..THE ROTORY SWITCHES INSIDE THE UNIT
http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/man...-manage_13.JPG
http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/man...-manage_14.JPG

DO NOT TOUCH THESE "AAV" ***** IN THE PICTURES BELOW, LEAVE ALL AT "0" -->
http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/man...-manage_11.JPG

you only use these ***** if you will not be using a laptop/Eo1 for AAV adjustments(which YOU will be using the E01)
Old 07-12-2004, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ramius83
I think they only did that because they couldn't fit it all together with the other lines lol. I don't know either, but to me, I personally don't think it will matter one bit.

You are correct, the wiring spacing doesn't matter. I wired all mine the same distance from the ecu and it works fine.