Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Whats your Vaccum Setup ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 09:13 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Whats your Vaccum Setup ??

I have my BOV, Cartech, MEVI bottle, Boost gauge, AEM FPR that all need vaccum and is set up but i wanna check its all right...

I remember someone saying that the Gauge needs its on source since it will be messed up from the Cartech bleeding vaccum through the rpm's. Or the Catech needs its own source ?? I cant remember

I have Two Vaccum sources from the Manifold (one from the stock FPR, and one right by the throttle body that I can use)

How do I recomend I set it up..
I have is set up now with the Boost Gauge to the fitting at the manifold and a 5 way splitter feading the Cartech, AEM FPR, BOV, MEVI tank w/check valve...and of course the 5th opening going to vaccum source from where the stock FPR was..
Old 09-19-2004, 12:39 PM
BUY MY CARS PLEASE!!!

damn you want me to go to my car !..........aight i will post later.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:12 PM

what does the vaccum line by the throttle body supposed to connect to? About 2 months ago I noticed mine isn't connected to anything. I cant remember if I have always had it like that.. So I plugged it.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by vortechpower
what does the vaccum line by the throttle body supposed to connect to? About 2 months ago I noticed mine isn't connected to anything. I cant remember if I have always had it like that.. So I plugged it.
there should be a spot for it on the brass tube assembly right under the TB. I had to put a T in that hose for my Boost guage. I think it goes to the stock 'boost sensor' (as it says on the unit). But I'm not sure. there should be a spot for it, hope fully you didn't mix it up with the hose that's supposed to go before the TB. remeber that little pea shooter hose that connected to the airbox after the filter box in the OEM setup? If you grabbed that one, then you will have a hose that comes out of the cluster of brass hardlines, and loops back to another spot in the cluster.

If pawnstar12 doesn't get it figured out, I'll take a look at my car for ya.

Nate
Old 09-20-2004, 11:40 AM

I have not looked yet but if I understand correctly what you are saying is that it should loop around or down under the tb to the other brass fitting..
Is that the vaccum line that is kinda hard to get to? Just T into that one?
Old 09-20-2004, 07:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Should the Boost gauge have its own vaccum source or the Cartech have its own source...I remember Stephan MAx sayin something a few months back about witch one should be ALONE

-matt
Old 09-20-2004, 07:20 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

definitely cartech
Old 09-22-2004, 03:57 PM

From looking at my car, and looking at the chiltons manual. I'm hoping that we're not thinking of the same hose... the hose that comes from right after the Throttle body goes to the center line in the Brass cluster of vacume lines. (there are 4, 3 horizontal, and one under the center of those 3). B'c that hose goes to the OEM FPR, and the Evap canister, as well as a but load of other stuff. double check.

Hope I'm helping,...

Nate