Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Transmission Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 01:05 PM

Transmission Upgrades

OK, so I've been reading threads here and there, and it seems like most auto s/c or turboed maxi/I30s have the valvebody upgrade. Now, I had a mobiletek valvebody upgrade and a tranny cooler, and my tranny is F**KED.

When I go into rebuild my transmission, will I need to get another valvebody upgrade? Most people have mobiletek level 2? I think mine was just a level 1.

What about upgrading the torque converter?

Who has had experience with getting products with Level 10 before? They seem to be my only hope. I had tried contacting mobiletek in terms of getting a similar bulletproof tranny upgrade kit, but they said raybestos does not make blue/red clutch discs for nissan maximas, and don't know how level 10 would get theirs?

I don't wanna drop all this money, only to end up blowing another tranny. I don't see the sense in rebuilding it back to stock, as it most likely would not last very long. I know people have said that their autos have only the valvebody upgrade and a tranny cooler, and it's lasted XXX long, but I did the same upgrade and my tranny ended up getting wack.

I am only running a v2 with 3.125 pulley, and I don't plan on doing any drag racing or super hard driving. Just want the power when I need it.

Thanks for all the help.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:19 PM
NWP Engineering.com

If you do a little bit of research on this forum, you will see that Don Cooper (owner of MobileTek) is a thief. He gave me a shotty product after 6 months of argueing and headaches. DO NOT DEAL WITH MOBILETEK.

Instead, deal with www.maximumtuning.net . They are awesome! They were able to fix what Don Cooper screwed up. My valve body is upgraded by them and it rocks.

My high stall torque converter was made by www.edgeracingconverters.com . Talk to Andre and he can hook you up.

Check out my webpage for more information, videos and pictures.