Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

What is needed to go turbo on a 4th Gen??

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 09:36 PM
Banned

What is needed to go turbo on a 4th Gen??

I am wondering what I need and where I can get it... Basicly i am wondering about the y-pipe goin up to the turbo, exhaust going from turbo, piping, intercooler size, FMU, size of injectors, MAF sensor from what, or is it ok to run stock MAF sensor up to a certain amount of boost???... Am I needing to change injectors running only 6-10 lbs. of boost? Would i be able to get away using an eclipse 1st gen turbo kit?? By using the turbo, intercooler and blowoff valve??? Which is the tdo5h turbo.. Not the t3/t4 turbo everyone else seems to be using but close to trim and size... I have one is why i ask... Or should i sell and get the t3/t4 turbo setup??? I know HAL is making a turbo manifold for our max's but when and how much??? I know Hal has a webpage on turbo'd max's, But he has the video i am sure everyone has seen, saying 476whp - 505 tq @ 10 lbs. on a stock motor.. injectors and all.. I mean what did he get putting on the intake manifold, injectors, and so on??? And mabe he will respond to this that'll be cool if he does... Basicly i am wanting to boost for a little steet racing fun, and drag racing surprising.. over here in washing state, i have not heard of anyone around here to do such a kit to a max.. here is all honda and old school 300zx, and supra's.. But never a maxima turbo'd, people are saying no way, to a maxima... So that has pushed me to do so... If needed i will have all winter here to buy piece by piece, then comes spring time, weekend project time putting everything together.... And seeing the faces of ppl that know i am fast enough with it, will see I am faster.. Nothing is able to beat that in my books.. Basicly i am not wanting to put everything on and then need to get more parts, i want everything needed here ready to install.....
Old 10-24-2004, 11:57 PM

My suggestion is get on google, and read everything you can possibly read about turbos and how they work, before you try to turbo your car. The worst thing you can do is get yourself into a big financial mess with something you are unfamiliar with.

I will quote an unnamed moderator as well.

"If boost was cheap then everyone would be doing it."

Turbocharging is a science, not a slap together job over the weekend after buying all the parts. Things take testing, fine tuning, and TLC.

Learn everything you can before trying to do it. Please.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:59 PM
Sports Button FTW

^^^^ wow he said 'please'. haha, yea if u gonna venture in....sean made the point clear....so high
Old 10-27-2004, 01:52 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

You can also read the stickies