Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

clearance Qs about V2 SQ and HO alternator

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 10:44 AM

clearance Qs about V2 SQ and HO alternator

Anyone running this set up?....I'm likely buying a certain Max w/ lots of goodies and I will need an aftermarket HO alternator....I've heard around that someone had clearance issues with the SC and the alternator...any feedback would be appreciated...setup....V2-SQ trim, 3"/maybe 2.87" soon, MEVI, JWT ECU @7k, Z32 MAF, Purple tops, Walbro, AFR, Quaife, ACT, light fly, 3" y-back w/ hi-flow cat;...likely future mods, mild wet-shot in mid-range, H20/meth at higher revs 4:1 mix, maybe even 5:1, and possibly a VQ35 bottom end, w/ worked over VQ30DET heads once I kill the engine....hopefully not for a while....any way...I'll be running approximately 2k watts RMS for my system, w/ a yellow top and a secondary rear mounted battery, 1/0 AWG run from alt to rear batt., isolator, and if I can find it, an adj. voltage regulator..need a alternator that pushes at least 130 amps at idle (900) and near 200 @3k RPMs...not a big fan of cutting bolts off of components like my V2 mounting bracket, but everything has its cost, so it will be taken into consideration if necessary. Thanks again....Oh yeah and this is my daily driver, and I will likely put 75-100 miles/day on it, so it must be reliable...sorry for the long post
Old 12-04-2004, 11:38 AM

Sounds like your making a tank with all that weight. Do you have the car yet? DId you buy all of this stereo stuff yet. You are seriously taking some performance away/handicaping yourself with a large stereo. If I could go back a few years and catch myself before I bought alot of dead weight... Sounds like a nice car with the performance, maybe try it without all the extra noise makers. Just an idea though, do what ever you want!!