Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Mouse Hunt/Killer Storage on my boosted max

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 07:03 PM

Mouse Hunt/Killer Storage on my boosted max

Well I had to goto Qatar last summer and ended up putting the car in storage in like June. (In the same place I did last year except 2 years ago it was October when it went in) Well I guess the mice climbed up my jack stands and chewed a whole or something and really made a mess. When I checked on it this late fall I found mice **** and **** under the dash in the glove box and they made a nest in the trunk oh yea and it really stinks really bad really bad!!! So I made it all out WAR!!!!!!!!! I went and bought 35 bucks in glue traps and decon and I trapped the hell out of the inside of the car (oh yea moth ***** don't work--they just stink) like four traps per seat floor area and I cleaned everything out of the car best I could. So......

I came back in aweek and guess what?....... I cought 5 mice in the car. I was so happy and was glad those little bastards were dead Imean just think of how you'd feel. Plus the 25,000 sq ft worth of decon I put out in like 1000 sq ft area was all empty, so I was totally exstatic and went and got more decon and more traps i used five for mice (glue traps work really good- of course I was out for justice and put afew regular traps next to the glue traps and I even caught a mouse in one).

I then waited another week and came back and caught one more mouse and the decon was all gone again!!! those little CxCK Suckers Love that stuff. sO put more out and left!

Well with that said I have the car home now and have a question. the mice got under the carpet and I think I got most of the **** and **** out but it still stinks. I conditioned my leather armoralled everything and sprayed febreeze everywhere really thick....

anybody had this problem and got any ideas on the smell!!! and getting rid of it?????
Old 03-19-2005, 07:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

wow that sucks

you might have to remove the carpet and clean the bare floor to get it out 100%
Old 03-19-2005, 10:18 PM

In real estate I use a ozone company for some of my houses that really smell (cigarette smoke, dog & cat poop and Kurry) They seal the house off and remove all the oxogen for 2 to 3 days and it seems that odors need oxogen to live, so by removing all the oxogen it completely kills the odor.
Maybe you can find a company likr that to do your car.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by LatinMax
In real estate I use a ozone company for some of my houses that really smell (cigarette smoke, dog & cat poop and Kurry) They seal the house off and remove all the oxogen for 2 to 3 days and it seems that odors need oxogen to live, so by removing all the oxogen it completely kills the odor.
wow never heard of that pretty cool idea
Old 03-22-2005, 01:03 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

You can do the same with an air purifier that produces ozone, I'm sure. Just plug it in, sit it in your car and close all the doors/windows.

That should do it.

Loved the payback theme.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by LatinMax

Well I'll check into that, So far I've tried febreez-no workie, some (supposed to be industrial stuff worked better--gonna try again) air cleaner you spray on fabric. Then I'll try and see if I can find an O2 removal company.

by the way it works because bacteria need o2 to live.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:13 AM

I'm not sure what other air purifiers produce ozone, but my old Alpine air purifier did and it took smoke, pet, mildew, etc. odors out of anything.

Just find one that's somewhat cheap and put it in the car for awhile.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:51 AM

would the sharper image ionic breeze work for that? i think it produces ozone
Old 03-24-2005, 08:31 AM

That thing is crap for inside the home, but maybe the small area inside the car would be worthwhile.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:15 AM

WEll I think I am going to just take out the entire interior and stem clean everything. The 10.00 a can deodoizer didn't really all the great, better than febreeze, but I think the odor that is left is under the carpet inthe padding. damn mice this is not my idea of getting the car out storage.

doh
Old 03-24-2005, 02:49 PM

Get some degreaser and the power washer!
Old 03-24-2005, 07:13 PM

febreeze and stuff like that is just something that smells and masks the odor, once the febreeze goes away u'll smell it again.. i like the ozone idea.. what about uv lights?
Old 03-24-2005, 09:38 PM

rip out the interior and put in new carpet. while you're at it, you can do some dynamat. if you havent tried it yet, how bout baking soda?
Old 03-26-2005, 10:00 PM

well While I am doing stuff, I bought a Stillen oil cooler kit from ebay ( good deal) well turns out it goes right where my intercooler is at. Anyways gotta wait to re-swedge the oil lines becaouse I had to cut them short, on Monday. Now I am in the middle of the Ground Control suspension swap and the (nightmare blemco Lower control arm brace) lowercontrol arm. That thing sucks from blehmco- atleast for me it did I had to cut it to get sockets to fit and what not, but considering everycar is different and this is a ery rare mod I think it was still worth the money--ps its in the way of tranny swap and y-pipe.