Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

350 turbomanifolf to VQ30DE

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 10:26 AM

350 turbomanifolf to VQ30DE

alright........... me and a buddy of mine were talkin about possible set ups for a maxima.... a 95 to exact.......possible twin turbo set ups.......now i kno there are none and it would be hard to get it custom and expensive.......but i just have a couple of questions...........would the turbo manifolds from a 350z fit to the VQ30DE motor......im not sure about that im just tryin to do some reseach....because i figure if those will fit the VQ30DE then we could possibly have a set up.....but we gotta worry about clearance issues and all that stuff first........anybody comment on this please.......give your opinions.........
Old 04-02-2005, 10:39 AM
Kevlo for President

No, it will not work..........I mean like whoa, 300zx parts are better.....I think....
Old 04-02-2005, 10:43 AM
The Definitive AE Master

The turbo manifolds will bolt on. We put NISMO Z headers on one of our VQ30's and they work fine. So that answers your question.
However, the turbo manifolds won't fit in the maxima engine bay, but that wasn't in your post.

BTW, don't waste your time.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:45 PM
SomePsychoGuy

First start posting in complete sentences with correct punctuation. Using a lot of periods is not a correct way to differentiate between thoughts.

All VQ exhaust manifolds TMK are the same bolt pattern. So they will all bolt on. Whether they will fit in our engine bay is another question. If you are wondering whether you could just put some turbos right off of those manifolds they you are out of your mind, there is no where near enough room for a turbo in the back and in the front you would need to remove radiator and probbably A/C.

I have been thinking about using some kind of RWD manifolds for a turbo kit. Unless I find a 350Z one that fits or can find a custom one that is relatively cheap, I will probably just have to find some VQ30DET manifolds.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:11 AM

I too have verified the VQ30 and VQ35 exhaust manifolds to have the same bolt pattern. Keep in mind that the manifolds are also swappable from the LH head to the RH head if that helps you out any (only on aftermarket headers and Z headers for sure as they have the duel bolt patterns on the center runners-VQ30's don't have the duel bolt patterns on their manifolds)

allen
Old 04-05-2005, 12:45 PM

alright thanks for the info guys.....someone said that in another post but no one really answered the question.........so i'd be able to fit them.....but they wouldn't fit in the engine bay....but wut if i removed the radiator, the ac, power steering and just about evrything.....so theres no way i could possibly fit them in the engine bay.....theres got to be a way.........
Old 04-05-2005, 12:48 PM
I'm needing a caw

I think if you cut some holes in the fenders and rerouted them back into the engine bay, it might work. Never know until you try it.

Originally Posted by datboimell
alright thanks for the info guys.....someone said that in another post but no one really answered the question.........so i'd be able to fit them.....but they wouldn't fit in the engine bay....but wut if i removed the radiator, the ac, power steering and just about evrything.....so theres no way i could possibly fit them in the engine bay.....theres got to be a way.........
Old 04-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally Posted by datboimell
cut out your firewall too, you don't need it
Old 04-05-2005, 12:52 PM
The Definitive AE Master

the way is to make your maxima rwd Those headers will run into the fwd motor mounts