Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

V1 for an 01?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 11:03 PM

V1 for an 01?

Will a V1 fit in a 01 max? Whats a better match for an 01 and why? (V1 or V2) Which one is a better supercharger all around?
Old 09-08-2005, 05:41 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Blkmax2k1
Will a V1 fit in a 01 max??
yes

Originally Posted by Blkmax2k1
Whats a better match for an 01 and why? (V1 or V2) Which one is a better supercharger all around?
All around the V1 SC is better for a Maxima. The V1 Steel plate design is alot better than the V2 aluminum plate design that causes shredded belts. Another concern with the V2 design is melting pullies. The only real way to get a V1 Kit as a whole is to purchase a V1 used. The V1 blower thats mached up with the V1 plate is a loud blower compaired to the V2 blower on a V2 plate, but the V2 blower does fit on the V1 Braket.

I think the best way to do it is buy a V2 kit used since you cant buy the Kit NEW any more from Stillen. Install the kit and if you have belt issues, Not every person that gets a V2 has belt issues, but if you do, purchase a V1 plate converstion Kit from me. http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=417703 The biggest concern with the V2 plate is Shredded Belts..Some guys shred belts every couple of months and that could get pretty discouraging and expensive...The perfect combination is a V1 plate and a NICE healthy V2 blower...

I hope I didnt confuse you..If I did, feel free to ask any questions

-matt
Old 09-08-2005, 07:55 PM

Thanks for the reply, now I know it will fit but do i have to do any special modifications to make it fit. Does it fit as easily as a V2?
Old 09-14-2005, 09:56 AM
Alex_V

Are you guys running toothed belts or smooth ones? Im sure that would help if you guys aren't. IDK just a random idea as I was reading.

~Alex

Old 09-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Alex_V
Are you guys running toothed belts or smooth ones? Im sure that would help if you guys aren't. IDK just a random idea as I was reading.

~Alex
Not too sure what you mean by "toothed" or "smooth"

-matt
Old 09-14-2005, 01:47 PM

He is refering to a cogged belt and no we are not running those belts. It uses a regular belt like the stock one. Different size but same design