Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Turbo Installers: Price/places PA/NJ/DE?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 11:53 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Turbo Installers: Price/places PA/NJ/DE?

Hi guys, I checked the northeast installers thread and non-mentioned turbo installs. I am hoping if anyone here knows of a reputable shop for a turbo kit installation on an 01 Max. I just moved to the eastern PA (20 minutes from Philly). NJ, mid-eastern PA, DE or a little father if the installer is good.

Also, how much did you guys pay to have your turbo's installed and a littel background of the amount of work done? I bought a kit that was custom built for another 01 maxima (intercooler included), so while it has all the parts and everything fits perfectly, it isn't one of the mainstream kits with full instructions which is why i
d like to find a guy with knowledge of turbos and can install it w/o requiring instructions to a specific kit.

What did you guys pay for your installs and anyone have it done around my area? Thanks!
Old 11-12-2005, 01:10 PM
SLOW

I think most people on here install it themselves. You are looking at a very expensive install if you don't do it yourself, and also when something goes wrong (trust me stuff WILL go wrong) if you didn't do the install yourself you're not going to have a clue how to start to trouble shoot it, and you're going to spend more money and time towing your car to a shop again to troubleshoot and then fix the problem.

Anyhow in your area is Tilleys99 he knows his way around turbo maximas and owns a shop in PA somewhere.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:31 PM

his shop is in Annville PA, which is a little north of Harrisburg, MaxInProgress just got his done at some shop in philly and he said the work was real good, and he would recomend them to anyone. But I know personally that Rob Tilley does amazing work, and hes a great guy to boot oh yea, and a memeber here
Old 11-12-2005, 07:11 PM
Bacon Lover

on the Tilley reccomendation.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

you should do some background on turbo installs and common problems, that might happen with a turbo system, that way you can solve some the problems yourself. Read through the supercharged/turbocharged forum, you will find plenty of good reads.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:52 PM

Thanks....

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I would love to do the install myself, unfortunately I live in a condo complex (no garage), so I would have my car sitting out in the middle of the complex parking lot with the winter starting if I tried to install here. I also work full-time. For a project like this, I need to leave it with a pro I trust who can do the work with the resources and time I just don't.

I'm going to drop these bros a line and see what they can do for me. Thanks again!

P.S. I was thinking of asking Maximum Tuning if they installed turbos (they do SC's) as I was thinking of getting the Valve Body Mod/Torque converter service at the same time as the turbo install. Otherwise I was hoping to find an installer near me here in PA and then go to Level 10 in NJ for the VB mod.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:34 AM
Lives in a 11sec maxima

Dont get raped by someone else bring it too me, im only an hour away.

Originally Posted by bebandit
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I would love to do the install myself, unfortunately I live in a condo complex (no garage), so I would have my car sitting out in the middle of the complex parking lot with the winter starting if I tried to install here. I also work full-time. For a project like this, I need to leave it with a pro I trust who can do the work with the resources and time I just don't.

I'm going to drop these bros a line and see what they can do for me. Thanks again!

P.S. I was thinking of asking Maximum Tuning if they installed turbos (they do SC's) as I was thinking of getting the Valve Body Mod/Torque converter service at the same time as the turbo install. Otherwise I was hoping to find an installer near me here in PA and then go to Level 10 in NJ for the VB mod.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TILLEYS99
That can be read several ways.... j/k

Tilley and Mardigras are at the top of the pack on VQ's. Tilley, in this case, has the upper hand though. A) he's got his own ligitimate shop and b) he's close to you. Besides, you get to party in the great town of Anneville! Right by Hershey park! Not that I'm biased at all... my wife went to LVC.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tatanko
on the Tilley reccomendation.
Ditto on Tilley's skills, he can also make it pretty too.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:21 PM

Tilly i'll give you a ring this week...

Originally Posted by TILLEYS99
Tilly, I'll give you a ring at the # you list for your shop this week. Till I saw your post in this thread just now (and got to see your signature block) I didn't realize you were in PA and had your own shop. Talk to you soon... Thanks.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:52 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Do you have a second car? I can't imagine trying to own a turbo max with no garage, no second car, and in a city that sees cold-snowy winters.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:35 AM

Have access to 2nd car....

Originally Posted by I30tMikeD
Do you have a second car? I can't imagine trying to own a turbo max with no garage, no second car, and in a city that sees cold-snowy winters.
Yeah, I have a 2nd car. Bought my Max in January, caught the tuning bug in April, ever since then i've been modding it myself so I can fully appreciate having a 2nd car when working out little ticks/bugs. A boosted car I know is going to bring a new level of headache, wondering, money, work, time yet in the end oh so worth it. But I hear you about needing a second car when boosting, i've been warned about the time it takes to fully tune it.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:51 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Yeah, I have a 2nd car. Bought my Max in January, caught the tuning bug in April, ever since then i've been modding it myself so I can fully appreciate having a 2nd car when working out little ticks/bugs. A boosted car I know is going to bring a new level of headache, wondering, money, work, time yet in the end oh so worth it. But I hear you about needing a second car when boosting, i've been warned about the time it takes to fully tune it.
Good to hear. I picked up a second car for the winter. The best $300 I have spent, takes care of so many headaches
Old 11-19-2005, 09:20 PM
Sports Button FTW

tilley is one of the top 5 people on the org when it comes to custom engine work done plus he has a turbo maxima...ofcourse he can do the job...

he did engine swap on my car btw, i definitely would go to him if i was getting a turbo...just dat dam 2 hour trip that pisses me off....