Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

3.5L supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 08:45 PM

3.5L supercharger

i see alot of 3.0;s runnning superchargers and i've heard that you can replace the timing cover on the 3.5 to the 3.0 to bolt on the supercharger. i really want to supercharge my 5.5gen and i was wondering if anyone has done this yet. The 3.5 has tons of potential for power and a supercharger would make great mod. I had nitrous but the reliability became an issue, i want something thats easier to monitor and i want readily available power. Any info from any one that has had an experience with this would be awsome. Thanks!
Old 03-14-2006, 08:51 PM
THIS IS...

Do a search, there are like 1.03x10² threads on this.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:54 PM
dot dot dot ...

Check in the appropriate forum...
Old 03-14-2006, 09:04 PM

Ya same here i whant 2 supercharge my car 2
Old 03-14-2006, 09:08 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Check in the appropriate forum...
Originally Posted by Talyan03
Ya same here i whant 2 supercharge my car 2
thn u need2look in da rite forum
Old 03-14-2006, 09:12 PM

i did, nothing about 5.5 gens supercharged just 4th and 5th gen. i have yet to see one S/C 5.5
Old 03-14-2006, 09:17 PM
dot dot dot ...

There are FWD 3.5L's supercharged. Check harder... this has been discussed before in there.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:26 PM
dot dot dot ...

These have some interesting information.

http://www.forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=393554
http://www.forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=378237
http://www.forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=222578
http://www.forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=172848
http://www.forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=442380
Old 03-14-2006, 09:58 PM

This sounds interesting.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:27 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by Nissan 6
This sounds interesting.
Those threads are pretty old. Some of you should venture out into other forums. You might actually learn a thing or two.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:11 PM

about what? something no ones ever done, no one has posted nething about a sucessful 3.5L supercharger. And the ones that are trying are all 2000 and 2001's. Im looking for a true 5.5gen S/C! The electronics on the car are also something i've questioned but if the 3.5 in the 350z has been S/C with hassale free plug and play installation there should be something adaptable for our max's. I do appreciate the link of forums, i was unable to find as much info as you provided. Thanks.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:49 PM

^^ what part of Miami are you from ?
Old 03-14-2006, 11:51 PM
Cletus

there is a S/C for the 3.5. its just a huge secret
Old 03-14-2006, 11:51 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by PRO - 1
^^ what part of Miami are you from ?
dont do this cr@p in a thread. thats what PM is for
Old 03-15-2006, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by soonerfan
dont do this cr@p in a thread. thats what PM is for
since you have a half of billion maxima owners on this site you might as well charge everyone here to be on it.. since it seem that every little comment or thread will overload the server.
Theres alot more useless thread than me asking where hes from.

and the reason I ask is i know someone that is selling a S/C that this guy might be intestead. I dont check my PMs often nor do I even ***** up this site when I have my own to run.

Now I remember why I never be welcome to this site..
Old 03-15-2006, 04:25 AM
SWIFT_Navigator

since you have a half of billion maxima owners on this site you might as well charge everyone here to be on it.. since it seem that every little comment or thread will overload the server.
Theres alot more useless thread than me asking where hes from.

and the reason I ask is i know someone that is selling a S/C that this guy might be intestead. I dont check my PMs often nor do I even ***** up this site when I have my own to run.

Now I remember why I never be welcome to this site..
hes probably just having a bad morning, dont worry about it..
Old 03-15-2006, 05:50 AM

so sooner you know of the top secret 3.5L s/c? I want to know more!
Old 03-15-2006, 06:05 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by indecentmax
so sooner you know of the top secret 3.5L s/c? I want to know more!
Have you ever heard of sarcasm? I would think the smiley gave it way.
It has been done on a 3.5L, just not in an A33B chassis.
No one on this forum has ever done it..and if they have, they've never psoted about it.

There has been a turbo set-up though.

You'll have to search for that link because I don't feel like giving it now.

You can gain a bit from the links I provided and have at least a plan for what you might need to do in order to get it to work.

Donate and do more research.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:15 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If y'all wanna be pioneers, here's an idea:

Try to build a roots style blower with an extension shaft. The one pictured is the Comptech SC for the Acura TL.

http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...7&postcount=19
Old 03-15-2006, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
If y'all wanna be pioneers, here's an idea:

Try to build a roots style blower with an extension shaft. The one pictured is the Comptech SC for the Acura TL.

http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...7&postcount=19

but they would have to totally design a new I/M for it wouldnt they ? theres barely room to run the shaft on either side to have it belt driven? you would probally have to take out the power steering resvoir just to have room not to mention the A/c lines ? it seems like tight work in the engine bay as it is..

Why hasnt anyone with a 3.5 (5.5 gen) use the 3.0 heads or changing the timming cover as stated earlier ? S/C it with a aftermarket piggy back? I know NOTHING at all about what TS does for those ecu because they never made one for a 2000 so I dont what gains are in store. I dont know how much differnce the 02-03 compare to the 2ks. But wouldnt this be Do-able with the Stillen S/c or Pro Charger setup ?
Old 03-15-2006, 07:00 AM

I've wondered that myself with the Stillen & Procharger S/C setups...
Old 03-15-2006, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by indecentmax
. I had nitrous but the reliability became an issue!
would that be before or after you blew the engine while holding it for 20 secs at almost redline
Old 03-15-2006, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by naijai
would that be before or after you blew the engine while holding it for 20 secs at almost redline
Old 03-15-2006, 08:04 AM

but they would have to totally design a new I/M for it wouldnt they ? theres barely room to run the shaft on either side to have it belt driven? you would probally have to take out the power steering resvoir just to have room not to mention the A/c lines ? it seems like tight work in the engine bay as it is..
Haven't really thought about it... since BlackbirdVQ posted, just thought I'd throw it back out....

Why hasnt anyone with a 3.5 (5.5 gen) use the 3.0 heads or changing the timming cover as stated earlier ? S/C it with a aftermarket piggy back? I know NOTHING at all about what TS does for those ecu because they never made one for a 2000 so I dont what gains are in store. I dont know how much differnce the 02-03 compare to the 2ks. But wouldnt this be Do-able with the Stillen S/c or Pro Charger setup ?
I'm no expert, but I know the 3.5 heads flow better than the 3.0 heads... I know that they are definitely better for N/A purposes, and I'd assume the same even with a SC, but I know nothing about FI so I won't comment further. Also, IIRC there are other complications with doing this. There are a few threads on this in the All Motor forum if you want the exact details.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:07 AM

Been done, it aint mine, but its been done in a a33b chasis and the pic is 3 years old

Want one ?

Contact Harry @ paradox-systems.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:12 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

donate and search my man, its the best 20 bucks u can spend
Old 03-15-2006, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by nismo_star

Been done, it aint mine, but its been done in a a33b chasis and the pic is 3 years old

Want one ?

I haven't seen this before...I'm getting more intereseted in S/C my maxi instead of selling it

Who's is it? Any info on this?

EDIT: I looked through the cardomain that picture was on, and I noticed it's an A33A cause of the 2k-2k1 interior (if it's the same car)
Old 03-15-2006, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by naijai
on a side note, engine failure ended being from a malfunction in the oil pump, something that i had taken the car in before because i noticed low oil pressure, the dealer never changed the oil pump and now had to replace the engine. The fact that i was burning out was a freak thing.

Anyways that pic of the 3.5L s/c looks like heaven thanks for the lead, never thought of that.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:26 PM

3.5 just get bolt ons, unless you want to go faster than 12s!
Old 03-15-2006, 05:32 PM

I too am very interested in this!!! has anbody tried to contact stillen or anyone like that to see if it is possible for them to create a kit? or if they would be interested in doing it if there was enough interest from us?
Old 03-15-2006, 05:44 PM

Vortech seems to make a supercharger that looks like the one in the picture for the 350Z. I would truly consider doing something like this rather than selling my car.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:51 PM

If that picture has never been posted or that guys car discussed on this forum, then I don't see why people have problems with reposts. There is always to information that comes in from new members and old ones that may have not brought the subject up.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:59 PM

Want one ?

okay, so whose car is/was this? very interesting and inspiring, but how well did it run? what was he running with it? Emanage? VAFC? this is news to me. i will search thru the boosted forum for some more answers, but without knowing whose car it is, its gonna take a lot of searching
Old 03-15-2006, 06:07 PM

Well he said Contact Harry @ paradox-systems.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by 03maxima1
Well he said Contact Harry @ paradox-systems.
i know, i forgot to post about that. i dont want to bother a businessman with 20 questions about something im 99% sure that i dont want to do.

me and Joel were talking about this, and it seems like a feasible custom job you can do, using a custom centrifugal (sp) S/C unit and a decent engine management system. he had been speaking with Comptech and said their system, which uses a shaft like that because of the placement of the pullies but is a screw style nets about 40-60 whp. i would expect this to give similar gains, but would require A LOT of custom tuning.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:54 PM

if it's possible to order the pully and shaft, some mounting brackets would just needed to be fabed up in order to mock the S/C in place. i think this is going to be the new project.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:04 PM

Its a publicly available kit overseas, Polak, it aint my car, I went the other way on boost setup, which is on another cardomain site, which I will eventually post up pics once Im all done.

The photo is 3 yrs old, and this is the first time is it posted on Maxima.org.

Harry and I have known about this SC kit, but weren't too thrilled about the turbo kit they produced for VQ30 motors, so it was never pursued.
I did use their front motor mount design to create the necessary space to run 2.25" ID up pipe and 2.75" ID downpipe on an automagic w/o going under the tranny pan. I did use piping technique originally for front mount intercooler, then to SX7R'S IC setup, and now on Air to Water PWR 6x6 'bullet' style.

The amount of problems we had installing his turbo kit, turned me off to the idea. AIC(Additional Injector Controller) is nice idea, but hate all the splicing. I simplified all that with a BEGi FMU, thanks to the experience of another .orger whom used on their 2k1 S/C w/ 2.87" pulley. The extra compensation is controlled by a Fields SFC Hyper R, which at the same time kills my speed limiter.

I threw the pic up, just to show that IT IS POSSIBLE. I know for fact the S/C kit did run fine, and the kit pictured ran 7psi. No dyno #s, or its somewhere in the email records from 3 years ago in 2003.

I'm honestly not sure if Harry wants to attempt to import the VQ35 S/C kit, but if you can generate the interest, maybe he will. I simply let the cat out of the bag after all these years, cause you all should know 'anything' is possible.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:27 AM

Its a publicly available kit overseas, Polak, it aint my car, I went the other way on boost setup, which is on another cardomain site, which I will eventually post up pics once Im all done.

The photo is 3 yrs old, and this is the first time is it posted on Maxima.org.

Harry and I have known about this SC kit, but weren't too thrilled about the turbo kit they produced for VQ30 motors, so it was never pursued.
I did use their front motor mount design to create the necessary space to run 2.25" ID up pipe and 2.75" ID downpipe on an automagic w/o going under the tranny pan. I did use piping technique originally for front mount intercooler, then to SX7R'S IC setup, and now on Air to Water PWR 6x6 'bullet' style.

The amount of problems we had installing his turbo kit, turned me off to the idea. AIC(Additional Injector Controller) is nice idea, but hate all the splicing. I simplified all that with a BEGi FMU, thanks to the experience of another .orger whom used on their 2k1 S/C w/ 2.87" pulley. The extra compensation is controlled by a Fields SFC Hyper R, which at the same time kills my speed limiter.

I threw the pic up, just to show that IT IS POSSIBLE. I know for fact the S/C kit did run fine, and the kit pictured ran 7psi. No dyno #s, or its somewhere in the email records from 3 years ago in 2003.

I'm honestly not sure if Harry wants to attempt to import the VQ35 S/C kit, but if you can generate the interest, maybe he will. I simply let the cat out of the bag after all these years, cause you all should know 'anything' is possible.
Is there a way to contact him over the phone or do you just have to email him?
Old 03-17-2006, 11:09 AM

Dammit i want that.....**** i'll right now up front if anyone knows were i can get the s/c kit for my 2k2 max...... and yes i wanna run faster than 12's. C'mon its either this s/c or umma start fabbin up a damn tt kit for my car.. think its possible???
Old 03-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Former Sponsor

I have since lost any and all knowledge about that picture. I dont know how to get in touch with them anymore..

Speaking of my AIC, I'm having problem with it.. The fuel line is leaking.. Think you can help?

Quick Reply: 3.5L supercharger