Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Why did you go FI?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 10:14 AM
Proud of his GroceryGetter!!!!

Why did you go FI?

I come on here practically everyday in the morning as I have a boring job lol, and everytime I come on here someone new or old has a new problem with their car. Now since im used to seeing so many things go wrong with peoples rides including my own, I wanted to lighten up the mood a little and get some positive talk going. Why did you decide to go FI with your platform? I mean it isnt the best platform to do FI on but we do it anyways. Me personally, I love the Maxima, and it really is something different and I can call my own. I had lots of doubt when I first started the project but the results are far greater than I could have imagined of felt. Ive never had a FI car before this project so for me it was like heaven. I also love the sleeper feel to the maxima where no one really expects anything from us. I love that moment when you pass a high HP car and they look at you with a dropped jaw trying to figure out what just happened. I love to race and going fast, if I could I would open a shop to deal with FI cars. After this project I have a whole new love for my car and no matter what happens to it or how it might treat me, I dont ever think I will get rid of this car, but will always try to fix it and make it better than it was before. Well thats my monday rant, and my next project is going to be the EU that I cant wait to get allong with the pressure sensor harness so I can lauch boosted!!!!!! This is only the start of a great car and a great experience.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Because a 100 HP dry shot just wasnt enough and having to refill the bottle all the time got old.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by MardiGrasMax
Because a 100 HP dry shot just wasnt enough and having to refill the bottle all the time got old.
you said it lol. the main reason for me is my boys thought the maxima was crap and could never be fast, so i made it fast,lol.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:02 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by MardiGrasMax
need to add 3mph to your sig
Old 04-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Kevlo for President

I WANT to go FI so I can be faster , is there really another reason?
Old 04-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Proud of his GroceryGetter!!!!

Well like i siad for me its was about speed but it was also about the susprise aspect and also for the love of the car.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

No, a maxima is certianly not the best platfrom to boost.

Besides the obvious fact of wanting power and to go fast...

I knew I was gonna keep the car for a while anyhow

The VQ30 is a great motor. You can just almost tripple the output of motor in stock form and have no worries as long as it's tuned well.

I was lucky enough to get all the turbo piping for a really good price.

The undertaking of the project was half the fun

The sleeper effect is just too much fun.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:09 PM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

Because I couldn't keep up with a Lincoln Navigator back in 1999.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:20 PM

4DSC
Old 04-17-2006, 02:35 PM

Yeah i got owned by an old buick or something back in the day. Im currently only running 7psi on my V2 (soon to be 11psi), and i can keep up with my bros VR4 and about any other car on the road. It may not be an ideal platform, but its a strong V6 that can push some decent power and the gear ratios, i know especially for my 5spd manual are great for some serious acceleration. I love the max's...mines not really a sleeper, but at least now its got the power to back up its looks.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:55 PM
Blah + Arg = Blarg

Originally Posted by C MAX
you said it lol. the main reason for me is my boys thought the maxima was crap and could never be fast, so i made it fast,lol.
Ditto. The look on the their face when they are passed by a 4 door sedan is priceless.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:52 PM

MaxInProgress, I hear you man. The Maxima is a nice, roomy, classy, charismatic and reasonably luxurious car that is not very common and is very under-rated or unrecognized. I love my Max to death and no matter what we go through I want to keep it.
I can't wait to get my project going and to become FI. I have started mods with a few things, but I still have a Long road ahead.
My car is pretty fast already with the mods I have done to it so far, but I want it to be nearly unbeatable by most sedans.
Besides the fact for going faster and being able to get a good push-in-seat feel, I also want to represent the Maxima to everyone who does not recognize, to ones who underestimate, and to show the potential and capabilities of this great car.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:16 PM
DONE

the reason i went with nitrous on my car was just to surprise people. i got the max because they're a good car and cheap on insurance. unfortunatly for me my buddies drive modded mustangs, SR 240's, so and so forth so i decided to put the bottle on the car to have with them. the looks and reactions are priceless. especially when i gas in second on the bottle and light up the tires.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:00 PM
Turbo is too much fun!

Less than 10% of total maxima owners are boosted, its rare and I love seeing the faces of people who dont expect it. Plus, I've went the long way to get to boost being nearly maxed at being NA and N2O, its only fitting to move to the dark side.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:07 PM

because driving n/a at 6000+ft is just no fun
Old 04-18-2006, 08:39 AM

Im doing it for the BOV

But really for the power. I went with the Maxima platform because it is a nice car overall (luxury and performance) and its rare to see a turbo Maxima because many people underestimate the potential of a VQ30. It is my first car and after 3 accidents, a blown engine and a blown trans...I still cant let it go.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:19 PM

All of us that are boosted know the feeling!
Old 04-19-2006, 10:08 AM
Licensed to Spell

Most of you aren't answering M.I.P.'s question correctly. He isn't asking why you went boost - that's obvious. He is asking why you went boost with a Maxima.

Some of my many reasons:
Pearl white on black leather baby. 'nuff said (not too many other makes/models offer that combo).
We are starting with a pretty good-looking, very reliable, fairly luxurious car (I'm a big sucker for luxury - I would actually prefer more luxury features but a loaded Max. comes "compromisably" close).
A decent amount of aftermarket support available (not Honda level but not a dry well either by any means).
I always had the belief that it is sooo much funner to make a slow/average car fast than to just buy a fast car or even to make a fast car faster. It is so much more priceless to beat a Z with a Maxima than if you beat a Z with a 3000GT.
Stillen actually made an SC kit! (Let's face it, 90% of us wouldn't be boosted if there wasn't a bolt-on kit).
I prefer a 4 door.
A used Maxima is affordable!

I know I have more reasons but I'm blanking.

P.s. Oh, and that sexy GLE/'99 SE/I30 push-out drawer is just too cool.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:35 PM
BUY MY CARS PLEASE!!!

the look on peoples faces when i roll by and give the ricer salute oh and lets not forget hondas, srt-4's, 5.slows, wrx's(non sti's!) and gs-t's banging on their steering wheel as i stretch them