Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

3 Very fast questions !?!??

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Banned

3 Very fast questions !?!??

Ok, after all the new SEARCHING that i have done , i only have 3 things not covered.............................. 1) For the new vortech available, which one is better v1 or v2 other than sound , and which trim is better, Si or T....................... 2) Which injectors will work best with about 12 psi S/c , i have come up with either 370cc or 550cc injectors, which one is better and easier to install, and if there is anyone better please tell me about it, and finally if i chose 370cc for example can it come from "Rc fuel injectors" as sold from ebay, or from a 300zx?............................ 3) finally, will the 01 pathfinder TB with Z32 MAF work as the best simplest combo, and as i read, i dont need an upgraded ECU for it, will anything else be better?................................ people please help me with this and i wont ever bother you again, i really appretiate it
Old 07-26-2009, 09:18 PM

If you want a super easy setup you should buy my kit and not worry about injectors, tb's, intake manifolds, and all the extra stuff for now.

You could run the 3.33" pulley no problem with just a fuel pump and have a beast car.

http://forums.maxima.org/forced-indu...arger-kit.html
Old 07-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Banned

well, i actually want to do it with my crew, because this will help me learn a lot so when im in my 20s i can do this to my future cars easily =] nd somone please answer my last question up there
Old 07-26-2009, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by kizzmyazz
well, i actually want to do it with my crew, because this will help me learn a lot so when im in my 20s i can do this to my future cars easily =] nd somone please answer my last question up there
I doubt you'll get that much help, because your post is indicative of someone who hasn't done much research. The questions you are asking are Forced Induction 101, and you are going to run into some MUCH tougher issues once you begin the install. As an example, the differences between the Vortech blowers has been discussed repeatedly on this forum ever since the original Stillen kit hit the market. Also, asking about the size injectors you will need in terms of ease of installation is absurd; they look exactly the same, and will install exactly the same. A more advanced question might be, "Approximately what duty cycle will 370cc injectors be running at redline with 13psi of boost at a 34psi base fuel pressure?"

Keep using that search function to answer your own questions. It's free now!
Old 07-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NousDefions
I doubt you'll get that much help, because your post is indicative of someone who hasn't done much research. The questions you are asking are Forced Induction 101, and you are going to run into some MUCH tougher issues once you begin the install. As an example, the differences between the Vortech blowers has been discussed repeatedly on this forum ever since the original Stillen kit hit the market. Also, asking about the size injectors you will need in terms of ease of installation is absurd; they look exactly the same, and will install exactly the same. A more advanced question might be, "Approximately what duty cycle will 370cc injectors be running at redline with 13psi of boost at a 34psi base fuel pressure?"

Keep using that search function to answer your own questions. It's free now!
man that was good but look, i really tried my best looking for all that, and all i end up with is reading 4 page threads to just explain a mini detail in all my category, because now i am starting to get a grasp of everything that i need to get the best results, after i understand how everything will work at its best exactly, i will start looking into really more advanced stuff. for example, first i start looking for an intercooler, then i wanted to decide between an air to air intercooler and an air to water aftercooler, i asked people for opinions, and after i understood what both do, i now know everything in detail about both of them, and i know which one i will be getting and why, and even how to fix the leak if it ever happens in the intercooler! so please just explain in a sentance or 2 each of my 3 questions so that i can know where to head from your choices. =]
Old 07-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Banned

oh and btw, i covered this before and the guy above you explained it. for the s/c part, it has not been covered at all because all that has been covered is the old V1 S trim and that was in 2002 because thats when everyone got into them. but the new Si and T trim have just been out for like 2 years IIRC so there is almost no information covering which one will work best...
Old 07-26-2009, 11:02 PM

man that was good but look, i really tried my best looking for all that, and all i end up with is reading 4 page threads to just explain a mini detail in all my category, because now i am starting to get a grasp of everything that i need to get the best results, after i understand how everything will work at its best exactly, i will start looking into really more advanced stuff. for example, first i start looking for an intercooler, then i wanted to decide between an air to air intercooler and an air to water aftercooler, i asked people for opinions, and after i understood what both do, i now know everything in detail about both of them, and i know which one i will be getting and why, and even how to fix the leak if it ever happens in the intercooler! so please just explain in a sentance or 2 each of my 3 questions so that i can know where to head from your choices. =]
That's what research is, man. The answers aren't going to magically appear on a silver platter; sometimes you have to do some digging to get what you want. Besides that, a lot of the basic concepts are universal in their application. Looking at other websites, or just using plain ol' Google, can help.

Here are some answers (or questions, which you should be able to answer):

#1: http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/ Everything you need to know is right there.

#2: What is the purpose of upgrading injectors for your application, and why can't you use a simple FMU for the amount of boost you're trying to run? What engine management system are you planning on using? (This isn't rhetorical)

#3: The simplest combo is the stock TB / MAF.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:47 PM

I want you to prove me wrong and supercharge your car.

You won't!
Old 07-27-2009, 08:02 AM
Banned

i promise u that i will. and we will see. and thanks nourdefions =]
Old 07-27-2009, 08:07 AM
Banned

nd why wont i upgrade injectors???? im going to supercharge and most likely run 2.62" or 2.87" .... so this would be in my advantage and its very cheap. same thing goes with TB and MAF, they are better, and i can get them for very cheap
Old 07-27-2009, 12:01 PM

nd why wont i upgrade injectors???? im going to supercharge and most likely run 2.62" or 2.87" .... so this would be in my advantage and its very cheap. same thing goes with TB and MAF, they are better, and i can get them for very cheap
You don't understand: I'm asking you a technical question to assess your knowledge of fuel delivery basics.

To reiterate: why is in necessary to run larger injectors with a high level of boost? What is the purpose of the FMU in the Stillen kit? Why is the Z32 MAF popular for higher-horsepower applications?

Find the answers to these questions, answer them fully here, and maybe I'll answer some of your others.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Banned

ok so what i found out is that because of the FMU, i dont need to get injectors because it will neutralize the oil pressure to prevent detotnation. ok so if that is true, then why do some people still change to bigger injectors ?
Old 07-27-2009, 04:39 PM

ok so what i found out is that because of the FMU, i dont need to get injectors because it will neutralize the oil pressure to prevent detotnation. ok so if that is true, then why do some people still change to bigger injectors ?
You are misunderstanding the role of the FMU. It doesn't "neutralize" anything, especially oil pressure... which has nothing to do with combustion characteristics. It does, however, alter fuel pressure.

If you answer the question "why would you want to alter the fuel pressure?", you'll also answer your question regarding the bigger injectors.

Keep searching. This is an open book test.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Some of your questions don't even make any sense, like "which injectors are better and easier to install.....370's or 550's??"

What kind of question is that?? You install the correct sized injector based on your application/goal. Also, a 370cc injector installs the same as a 550cc injector....

Do you even know if you need top feed or side feed injectors??? (I do)

LOL at knowing everything there is to know about air cooled intercoolers vs. water cooled aftercoolers.

You can't cram force induction into 1 hour of searching and reading OP...that's what it appears you are trying to do IMO. Sloooooooooow it down. Buy "Supercharged" from Amazon and read it 3 times. This will give you a good understanding of supercharging and all the related componenents.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:11 PM

This thread is too awesome.

I'm starting to suspecting someone trolling us.

This just can't be happening.....yeah I think I hit the nail on the head.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:02 PM
No more Maximas...

Hmm, I think I'll keep subscribed to this one.

You'd think that if the first thread was deleted for obvious reasons, one would not start another one immediately after

Last edited by pmohr; 07-27-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:39 PM
KH3 by popular demand

Thread Fail:metalmax:
Old 07-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Banned

=/ man whats so hard about telling me if 370cc or 550cc is better for my 420whp goal?
Old 07-27-2009, 09:56 PM

Over half of the questions/information you want is found in the Forced Induction stickies...

FMU =/= oil pressure.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:30 PM

=/ man whats so hard about telling me if 370cc or 550cc is better for my 420whp goal?
Here's what's so hard:

You are so, so obviously way in over your head.

First, you don't seem to have even the most cursory understanding of how forced induction (or fuel delivery in general, for that matter) works on an internal combustion engine. You'd been told repeatedly to step back, learn a few basic things, answer a few EASY questions (which you have not yet done, even though the test is open book), and come back when you have some issues or questions that haven't already been addressed dozens of times. Virtually everything you've asked can be answered in the STICKIES OF THIS FORUM. How difficult is that?

Second, you seem to have an entitlement complex that the information you desire should just be forked over to you for free. Listen, you gotta pay to play. The folks here aren't charging you money, but they are going to ask that you at least come to the table with some basic knowledge. Saying that an FMU somehow "neutralizes oil pressure" is so absurd, I might use it as a signature. If you don't respect the already ample supply of hard earned knowledge available, why should anyone respect your questions?

Third, I have no idea what "=/" means. I assume it means "I have completely ignored your posts and insist on re-asking stupid questions."

Last edited by NousDefions; 07-27-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:42 PM
No more Maximas...

Originally Posted by NousDefions

Second, you seem to have an entitlement complex that the information you desire should just be forked over to you for free. Listen, you gotta pay to play. The folks here aren't charging you money, but they are going to ask that you at least come to the table with some basic knowledge. Saying that an FMU somehow "neutralizes oil pressure" is so absurd, I might use it as a signature.
Too late

But I agree with every single point you've made.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by pmohr
Too late
Curses!
Old 07-28-2009, 06:52 AM

Heh, I was thinking as using that as a sig too aw!

No one else thinks he's trolling? New member, only posted in the two threads he's made, and crazy absurd question.