Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Exhuast Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 04:28 PM

Exhuast Question

I purchased many parts need to upgrade my max

Deastch Werk 660 injectors
00VI
2.87 Vortech pulley
Greddy E manage Blue
Intercooler
4 piston brakes

But now Im focusing my attention to my exhaust.... I have 2.5 inch from Y+B and muffer.... I only have one cat now.. instead of the stock three... Here is wha im thinking... I will upgrade everything to 3 inch, but i want to modd the B pipe and reduce the bends in the B pipe. Example the B pipe runs down the middle of the car, then has a bend to the passager side rear seat, then runs up and over the rear axle. ( to go around the gas tank)

Sorry for the bad photo.... feel free to post a better pic to help other ppl understand ......

I want to make a new 3 inch B pipe run straight until the gas tank, then let it run under the gas tank ( ANY parts of the exhuast pipping tha will be coming anywhere close to the gas tank WILL to heat wrapped) cause, well you know... Then i want to run the exhaust UNDER the rear axle instead of over.... So pretty much making a straight (as possible) line.... from the Y pipe to the exhaust/ muffer.

I believe if i can do this i would reduce the amount of bends in the exhuast by alot... Now matching all of this will a gutted out cat, and i high out put exhuast like a Greddy or HKS. I would hope to get a little bit more out of my exhuast sound and power.

So in the overall this might give my Max and 240sx with a SR20 swap look from the rear... since it will have to do a slight to come up to the meet up with the stock hangers.

Has anyone considered this?
Old 02-23-2010, 04:42 PM
KH3 by popular demand

I think with the under the axle idea you have to consider how far the suspension hangs when the car is on the lift. Then the pipe would be welded under to clear it, but when you lower the car from the lift there will be a big gap and the piping might be closer to the ground than you would want. I think with the 3" having some bends (mandrel) won't really effect flow. Worth a shot I'm just picturing an under the axle pipe in my mind's eye. The 240 doesn't have that solid beam like we have.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:35 PM

Tru tru.... im willing to give up a little scraping of my exhuast, for more power and a different sound...