Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Emanage Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 04:18 PM

Emanage Questions

This past weekend was able to install my Emanage Ultimate. I felt that I would share some information about the install, and how I approached it. Everyone knows Boomslang makes pigtails etc, and I approached them seeing if they could make one for the Maxima (2000) .............

The owner who is a stand up guy told me that the 00-03 Sentra ECU pigtail would be just what I was looking for, and so with little time to question I figured why not, and ordered it up. Although pricey, $200ish shipped it made a world of difference in the install. I was nervous to test fit it, but it worked like a charm, plugged right in and is currently all wired up and the car is running wonderfully!

Anyone with an 00-01 looking to a pnp harness order up!

--------------------

Question I have,

Currently have everything hooked up and working fine but i cant seem to figure how to attach my XD-16 with the Emanage???? I have the A/F Greddy Harness, but am stumped! Anyone have an idea? I'm sure that some of you have.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:48 PM

congrats! im bout to finish up my second pnp harness and figure out the lc-1 myself... no xd for me though so sorry i cant be of any help there. but, i will say if youve got the lc-1 it should run right off of that.

also, i suggest finding some other way of routing the cables right there... i had my first one there and it got hit with a box of crap, and killed the harness. mine looked similar to yours. its very risky keeping it open like that.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:28 PM

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/s...C-1_Manual.pdf

looks like they use the same wiring just different gauge setup. Just confirm around but i'm pretty sure this is what you want to wire it up
Old 11-14-2011, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by max_dreamer
congrats! im bout to finish up my second pnp harness and figure out the lc-1 myself... no xd for me though so sorry i cant be of any help there. but, i will say if youve got the lc-1 it should run right off of that.

also, i suggest finding some other way of routing the cables right there... i had my first one there and it got hit with a box of crap, and killed the harness. mine looked similar to yours. its very risky keeping it open like that.
Most definitely thanks for heads up. It does feel good tackling this, and even sweeter when it turns right on flawlessly!

As for the time being it is tucked up there differently than this picture, but once i know i am settled with it, i will adjust it so that it is hidden like oem.

Originally Posted by OC_Nooby
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/s...C-1_Manual.pdf

looks like they use the same wiring just different gauge setup. Just confirm around but i'm pretty sure this is what you want to wire it up
Sweet, im gonna have to give it a look, appreciate that. I know that i could somehow wire it into the existing A/F harness from greddy to the option 2 port, just trying to figure how lol. Just makes me laugh how something this simple is keeping me from connecting when the initial wiring was a sinch!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:36 PM

White wire on the harness to the 5v analog on Ur wideband. Black to ground. Done.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by skweaky
White wire on the harness to the 5v analog on Ur wideband. Black to ground. Done.
Sounds about right I couldn't remember, had this wired a year+ ago and wasn't troubled to further pursue it. Just gave him a link that should help him out

My wires where white/gray.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:00 PM

Okay guys just got back from tune/ dyno and not good results..

Began with some pulls to fine tune but noticed some leaks etc when we sprayed it down with soapy water. We did a pressure test as well and immediately noticed a solenoid on top of the intake manifold was releasing a lot of air pressure around 10psi. We blocked it off and fixed all other leaks and figured that those were the issues.

Back for another run, everything looked great. No codes, errors, Emanage was perfect, set up great etc..

Every single run, the entire time the car seemed like it was hitting a wall. A/Fs were on point and stoich no errors, but there was only one thing that was alarming. At around 5k+ the engine would begin to "flutter" and it was as though the air could not make it into the intake. So much so, when we took the filter off the feed end of the supercharger, air began to shoot out!

We were completely stumped and at this point i was very upset. I put down 116hp on the best run for the 4 hours i was there. 13psi pulley..One of those hours was spend searching for the issue, and we could not come to a conclusion.

Driving it regularly A/F is perfect, no smoke etc, but it as though it just cant move. The MAF voltages were fine up until around that 5k range where the BOV began to flutter but after that the jumped from <0 to 5>.

I am stumped where to even begin to look, we came to the conclusion at the shop that it felt as though there was a :rag: or something jammed in the intake manifold because everything checked out fine on the intake portion, but on the internal mechanics, something is just not right!!

Help please, any ideas?!

I dont know how to upload the PDF run file to the forum
I am going to upload the run file showing the random spike and flutter..

Last edited by tibal; 11-17-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:39 PM

Got me stumped man, BOV was functioning properly ?
Old 11-17-2011, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by 036mtmax
Got me stumped man, BOV was functioning properly ?
BOV was close all the way up, then at around the same time it would cycle open a bit and closed as if it was being forced open as the air had no where left to go
Old 11-17-2011, 06:46 PM

So does it pull strong when driving and then around 5k up it falls on it's face and sputters ? BTW where did you dyno and do you have a pic of the runfile ? Any backfiring before you let off the throttle ?
Old 11-17-2011, 06:49 PM

Old 11-17-2011, 06:53 PM

I'm assuming you have a 00VI since you're a 5th gen. How is your VI setup? Where are the vacuum lines for the VI setup? Take a pic of the bay of those areas so we can see if we see something "wrong".
Old 11-17-2011, 06:57 PM

Old 11-17-2011, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by 2000_MAXIMA_KING
I'm assuming you have a 00VI since you're a 5th gen. How is your VI setup? Where are the vacuum lines for the VI setup? Take a pic of the bay of those areas so we can see if we see something "wrong".
Correct, 00vi, and we literally unplugged every vacuum hose to see if there was a lack of pressure etc, and nothing. I was thinking maybe vias but to be putting down 116hp... even a stock maxima with a bad vias would not have that much of a drop. No MAF codes either.. I will take video and post up tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:03 PM

Check your injector pw corrections. I left autotune on accidently while testing the 2step and screwed my curve up and it was similar to what u posted
Old 11-17-2011, 08:11 PM

Check the EU settings you may have the wrong MAF settings, etc. Also, did you check if your TB was opening as it should?
Old 11-18-2011, 07:03 AM

Full pull
Old 11-19-2011, 11:25 AM

is it possible that the BOV is failing? you said it's fluttering and it that could be what causes the 0-5v fluctuations. FLutter is open/close open/close and 0-5 means no air /air, no air- air at the maf. Do you have an adjustment screw or someone else's BOV you could try?
Old 11-19-2011, 07:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by McSteve
is it possible that the BOV is failing? you said it's fluttering and it that could be what causes the 0-5v fluctuations. FLutter is open/close open/close and 0-5 means no air /air, no air- air at the maf. Do you have an adjustment screw or someone else's BOV you could try?

After we talked the other day I thought of this, but haven't been on here to to take a look at your files.
What BOV do you have? I can always let you borrow mine if they are compatible.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:33 PM

I got one you can try too man if it fit's your more than welcome to stop by and we can give it a shot, I think we have almost the same setup so it should be the same.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:36 PM

Thanks a ton guys appreciate it. The BOV is a vortech and seems to be running top notch. It is definitely not that as it worked fine prior to my injector install. I have a feeling that my spark plugs and a few coil packs are toast causing bad reading all across the board.

As i said its as though im running off of only 4 cylinders. Last night tested on of the coil packs and for sure it is toast, no difference in idle when unplugging it. If this is the issue i will be relieved. Will update tonight if i can get to car quest.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:07 PM

Replaced the coils that were giving me an issue along with all spark plugs and nothing!! I cant figure out why. It is just like my car wont accel and is idling awfully!
Old 11-22-2011, 05:08 PM

maybe to now test another bov!?
Old 11-22-2011, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by tibal
Thanks a ton guys appreciate it. The BOV is a vortech and seems to be running top notch. It is definitely not that as it worked fine prior to my injector install. I have a feeling that my spark plugs and a few coil packs are toast causing bad reading all across the board.

As i said its as though im running off of only 4 cylinders. Last night tested on of the coil packs and for sure it is toast, no difference in idle when unplugging it. If this is the issue i will be relieved. Will update tonight if i can get to car quest.
If the problem happened after the injector install, then that's probably where your problem lies. Where the injectors bought new or used? If they were bought used, get them flow tested. Maybe they're not flowing properly. Also, see if the injectors are seated properly in the rail and intake manifold.

In my opinion, the first thing I would do is to check if the injectors are snug and seated properly. If they aren't, set them in as necessary and see if anything changes. If they are seated properly, Id install the old injectors if you have them available and see if the same problem remains.

Idk, just my .02 cents.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by nselca2
If the problem happened after the injector install, then that's probably where your problem lies. Where the injectors bought new or used? If they were bought used, get them flow tested. Maybe they're not flowing properly. Also, see if the injectors are seated properly in the rail and intake manifold.

In my opinion, the first thing I would do is to check if the injectors are snug and seated properly. If they aren't, set them in as necessary and see if anything changes. If they are seated properly, Id install the old injectors if you have them available and see if the same problem remains.

Idk, just my .02 cents.

I looked back on my posts, and my car was actually having this issue prior to me installing my injectors. I had posted i was getting a ses code p0170 which has gone away since the injector swap and the car is not running lean anymore.

I just pulled the code that i have and it appears i have the p0105. MAP issue. I am hoping that is is simply a misread on the sensor which i am going to try and adjust tomorrow.

Happy Turkey Day To All!!

Last edited by tibal; 11-23-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:18 PM

GOT IT! All good now fellas! Now for 2 step
Old 11-26-2011, 01:59 PM

Good news man glad to hear it, Now you just gotta her back on the dyno for a re-tune and it should be an animal
Old 11-27-2011, 02:12 PM

so what was the issue?
Old 11-28-2011, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by 036mtmax
Good news man glad to hear it, Now you just gotta her back on the dyno for a re-tune and it should be an animal
Thanks a ton, i know hopefully this coming saturday will be able to get back there.

Originally Posted by McSteve
so what was the issue?
Turns out that a couple of my vacuum hoses were not hooked up to vaccum sources. When I had my injectors installed i think that he got them mixed up.

Still am pulling MAP cel but hopefully that is a result of just a bad sensor.