Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Satisfied Nistune Customer! Emanage F/S

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 07:26 PM

Adjusting the revlimiter in Nistune is super smooth and takes no time to set up.

One of these days I'll dyno it with the Nistune ECU to show the smooth transition.

Last edited by schmellyfart; 01-20-2015 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the replies Moncef and Schmelly, much appreciated. I'm now leaning towards Nistune just for the extended redline.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:48 PM

Random helpful link and pic dump:

The yellow highlights the differences between the years.

Name:  0A90846B-8EB1-402A-BF1D-391966D2E221_zpsd5loanrw.png
Views: 633
Size:  205.2 KB

Name:  45BFC7E6-AD1D-4645-8174-A4EB57DD8AA9_zpshgbqdny6.png
Views: 373
Size:  237.1 KB

Name:  49C7CB27-5163-4202-BD1F-4ED6972476C1_zpsizkduoab.png
Views: 320
Size:  106.8 KB

https://maxima.org/forums/4th-genera...p-success.html

Last edited by Fakie J Farkerton; 01-22-2015 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:08 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Has anybody actually taken their car into a tuner and had Nistune tuned successfully on a dyno?

I live in Dallas. I have yet to find a Nistune tuner. This shocks me because DFW is huge and there is a huge Z and 240 community here. In fact, 9 out every 10 tuners I've called haven't even ever HEARD of Nistune.

I found one tuner last year willing to tune my car. I was able to adjust the K constant and all that stuff myself and get it to start up and drive non-boost perfect etc all myself in my driveway. Idle AFR and cruising AFR all perfect too.

But as far as an actual tune, I only found one guy in DFW who would agree to touch it. His shop is fairly well known and has been around for probably 20 years now. He had never heard of Nistune. He agreed to "give it a shot". He had a very hard time figuring it out and spent much of the time complaining about the software and how it's "backwards". I ended up having to show him the Nistune manuals on PDF on my phone. I'm still not totally convinced he gave me a top-notch tune and have been somewhat paranoid about the tune ever since.

One thing I repeatedly hear about Nistune is how easy it is to use, and you repeatedly see lines on forums discussing Nistune that "any shop can tune it" but the reality is that it's hard to find a shop to tune it. Most shops seem to specialize in X or Y tuning suite these days and won't touch other stuff.

Also for the record, I have/had zero problem connecting my wideband to Nistune.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by James92SE
Has anybody actually taken their car into a tuner and had Nistune tuned successfully on a dyno?

I live in Dallas. I have yet to find a Nistune tuner. This shocks me because DFW is huge and there is a huge Z and 240 community here. In fact, 9 out every 10 tuners I've called haven't even ever HEARD of Nistune.

I found one tuner last year willing to tune my car. I was able to adjust the K constant and all that stuff myself and get it to start up and drive non-boost perfect etc all myself in my driveway. Idle AFR and cruising AFR all perfect too.

But as far as an actual tune, I only found one guy in DFW who would agree to touch it. His shop is fairly well known and has been around for probably 20 years now. He had never heard of Nistune. He agreed to "give it a shot". He had a very hard time figuring it out and spent much of the time complaining about the software and how it's "backwards". I ended up having to show him the Nistune manuals on PDF on my phone. I'm still not totally convinced he gave me a top-notch tune and have been somewhat paranoid about the tune ever since.

One thing I repeatedly hear about Nistune is how easy it is to use, and you repeatedly see lines on forums discussing Nistune that "any shop can tune it" but the reality is that it's hard to find a shop to tune it. Most shops seem to specialize in X or Y tuning suite these days and won't touch other stuff.

Also for the record, I have/had zero problem connecting my wideband to Nistune.
I find that very hard to believe that people have not heard of Nistune. My car is going to the tuner at the end of Feb and they have done a few Nistune cars before. Any shop that dynos the S chassis has most likely dealt with Nistune. Now the awkward part is just a maxima running Nistune but other than that.....
Old 01-23-2015, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Crusher103
I find that very hard to believe that people have not heard of Nistune. My car is going to the tuner at the end of Feb and they have done a few Nistune cars before. Any shop that dynos the S chassis has most likely dealt with Nistune. Now the awkward part is just a maxima running Nistune but other than that.....
I don't know what the S chassis is, but I have called AT LEAST 25 tuners in DFW over the past year and maybe 5 of them have heard of it. Of those that have heard of it, none would actually tune it because they ONLY tune X or ONLY tune Y. The guy who tuned it had not heard of it.

I've literally only found one place in Texas, Houston Z Auto, that specifically tunes Nistune and they couldn't even be bothered to call me back last year when I was on the verge of driving down there and staying the weekend just to have them tune it.

If you are aware of any Nistune tuners in DFW trust me I'm all ears. I've been looking for a long time and am by no means exaggerating the bit about all these tuners never having heard of Nistune. In fact, many of them were actually very dismissive of it once told what Nistune is. Most of these guys seem like major ****** to me
Old 01-23-2015, 05:04 PM
Turbo 3.5

I've spoken with Huston Z and they were a great help to me, they were even willing to test out some of the z32 functions on a a32 ecu like launch control and flex fuel
Old 01-23-2015, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by t6378tp
I've spoken with Huston Z and they were a great help to me, they were even willing to test out some of the z32 functions on a a32 ecu like launch control and flex fuel
Glad you had a good experience. I understand things get busy but I was going to be driving down there the next weekend planning to spend whatever they wanted to charge me and Dane was going to "check the schedule" or some such and call me back but never did. Also then emailed him with zero response.

The first thing out of Dane's mouth was to suggest a guy up here, Glenn McCall, but I had already contacted Glenn and he doesn't tune anymore. Honestly Dane seemed like he flat wasn't interested in tuning my car.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by maxprivate
Search Nistune forums " A32 maxima issues" the link should pop up. The will give you the full details of our concerns regarding Nistune.
The nistune instructions tells you to copy and paste you can add additional maps just read the instructions more and it will tell you
Old 01-23-2015, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
Thanks for the replies Moncef and Schmelly, much appreciated. I'm now leaning towards Nistune just for the extended redline.
Hey if you have any questions on what ecu to choose or help with the nistune just shoot me a pm