Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

Suspension/wheel Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 12:17 AM
MaxYammieR6

Suspension/wheel Questions

I've got some questions about my setup. I basically have a stock 2000 Max GLE completely stock and I just threw some 18" Mille Miglia EVO5 40+ offset with 215/45-18 Continental Contisport Contacts. I was wondering if anyone out there with a similar setup could comment on what I should throw on to lower it since it looks pretty hideous right now. H&R springs? Shocks? I don't know very much in this area so any info would help.

Also, I was wondering something. I purchased the wheel/tires on Ebay and they were used. I was wondering if I needed to get them balanced or if it was alright that I just put them on myself. The guy at Pepboys was telling me that I still needed to balance them. I don't have much experience with tires and wheels so any info helps. Thanks.

-Anthony

Old 10-03-2003, 10:50 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Are you looking to get the lowest you can out of springs or just a mild drop? If you want lowest, then go with Teins. If you want a mild drop, go with Eibach or Maxspeed springs. I think there are a few members selling the Maxspeeds in the for sale forum. Good luck.

~limsandy
Old 10-03-2003, 05:46 PM
MaxYammieR6

Originally Posted by limsandy
Are you looking to get the lowest you can out of springs or just a mild drop? If you want lowest, then go with Teins. If you want a mild drop, go with Eibach or Maxspeed springs. I think there are a few members selling the Maxspeeds in the for sale forum. Good luck.

~limsandy
Well, I don't exactly know how it'll look so I can't really say. Someone had a similar setup as mine and had H&R springs so I was thinking about going with that. Is it really okay to use stock shocks or will I suffer from a lot of problems? I'm trying to be economical here yet not sacrifice too much quality, so not sure what I should do.

-Anthony

Old 10-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by MaxYammieR6
Well, I don't exactly know how it'll look so I can't really say. Someone had a similar setup as mine and had H&R springs so I was thinking about going with that. Is it really okay to use stock shocks or will I suffer from a lot of problems? I'm trying to be economical here yet not sacrifice too much quality, so not sure what I should do.

-Anthony

If you're going with H&R, then I guess it's okay to use the stock shocks, althought it's gonna be a little bumpy. If you're going for Tein's then I should really recommend getting aftermarket shocks. The stock shocks are crappy, anyway, so getting aftermarket shocks is a good idea. I'm planning to have Tein's/KYB GR-2 hopefully real soon. Good luck.

~limsandy