Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

Spinner Rims

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 12:46 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

listen man if your looking for a sale of spinners i have some im willing to sell for the right price let me know
Old 02-03-2004, 10:42 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by BLACKonBLACK98
What makes everyone think that Maxima's are too cool for spinners or big wheels. Alot of the people saying this stuff are the same people spending more money to build a 13 second (whoa!) car, or an overweight autocross superstar. I like my Max as much as everybody else, but honestly I see it as an entry level luxury sedan, not a performance sedan. I personally like spinners and big rims, and was going to put 20" spinners until I decided on 20" black with a polished lip. So what it boils down to is personal preference.

As for all this "Yo dem spinaz iz mad tyte yo. Dem *****ez off da chain 4 real", you're just one step away from racism.
One step away?
Do people even know that the spinning wheel was designed by Latrell Sprewell for his Sprewell Racing wheel line? It was cut and produced by Davin as all his other wheels are but the original design came from him as an idea for his Lamborghini. The first set manufactured was for his Lexus luxury car-not his Escalade. they only came in 18 and 20 at the time 22+ were made for suv's. The wheels are priced for the common man not to be able to afford because they weren't meant for the common man to buy. They're exclusive- he only makes 500 sets a year and every year one different spinning wheel design with his name. Now that the history lesson is over I say this, Wheels, paint schemes, and all other mods are an expression of the owner and their personality. In simple terms, a matter of opinion and everybody has one. I find it ironic that a wheel designed by a racing wheel designer can catch so much static from racing enthusiasts. Racing isn't the thing for everyone. For the people who say they're not meant for luxury cars-Lexus is luxury. For the ones who say they're ugly-your opinion. For the ones who say they're ghetto- Good. Cuz I'm from the ghetto and not ashamed. Is that a problem? People here don't know real ghetto people. I do. What I also know is none the people who preach what's ghetto here would have the nuts to call them or anything they say or do ghetto to their face. Let one try it. We'll see a "What ever happened to such and such" thread not long after.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:32 PM

What makes everyone think that Maxima's are too cool for spinners or big wheels. Alot of the people saying this stuff are the same people spending more money to build a 13 second (whoa!) car, or an overweight autocross superstar. I like my Max as much as everybody else, but honestly I see it as an entry level luxury sedan, not a performance sedan. I personally like spinners and big rims, and was going to put 20" spinners until I decided on 20" black with a polished lip. So what it boils down to is personal preference...
And you know the benefit of building a 13 sec car??? Its bettering a cars overall performance. (this is not a white thing, I am black and understand heavy, undertuned cars gets poor performance numbers.) The same thing with the autocross rides. Plus you enter contests, win sposnerships (from companies like MTX, DAVIN, DAZZMOTORSPORT, Motegi, Etc.), race for money, enter racing leagues, the list goes on and on but overall its a benefit. Now where does adding 18" ADB flat face wheels with spintek adapters benefit anything??? The chrome wheel is already heavy as is (unless they are forged or aluminum compsite.), the you add another 5-10lbs with propellors that not only don't spin correct, but stick of and look a damn fool. I thought the whole point in spinner wheels was to give the appearance of the wheel moving when the car was still. (Thats the reason for the rim having a lip, right?), Its like you siad, its all about preference but lots of these guys buying the knockoffs don't have too much taste nor style. I can say most of these cats that fake break don't have your style and you get thumbs up from me for actually having the 20" Blacked Out wheels. (Which brand did you go with, the Lowenharts?) Those are hella tight.

As for the original question you have to decide whether you want to spend for a true spinning wheel (Davin, Foose, etc.) or buy an add-on piece (SpinTek, Chopper, etc.). The first option will cost you several thousand dollars, while the latter can be had for less than $1000 depending on size and style. If you decide you do want these contact me at www.20SomethingWheels.com, and I'l hook you up..
Thats my point. Doesn't seem pointless to you to buy something thats suppose to draw attention as an expensive item but many people know its not (and others really don't care.) Thats like a street racer going out and buying a Civic, installing a CAI and a rear sectional muffler and running his\her monkey's *** to the nearest ISR scene or race track trying to race Mustang's and Vette's. Thats like buying a Susuki Cruise Bike and trying to hang with cats who own Harley Davidson Cruisers and Honda Goldwings. What I am saying is yea it can be done, and perhaps it may person may impress a few who know nothing about it, but the people who *Know & Have Interest* in that lifestyle will know that person is fake breaking and laugh at them (or be like me and completely give no respect and call them out as a poser.) Thats all buying the spinner adapters is really, posing like one got money.

As for all this "Yo dem spinaz iz mad tyte yo. Dem *****ez off da chain 4 real", you're just one step away from racism.
I am the person that made this comment. And guess what, I can't be one step from racism if I am black and experience this type of behavior from what pop culture calls (Ghetto Fabulous) people, which includes whites, chinese, latins, blacks, etc. Thats not a racist comment but a liberalist.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by foetray
One step away?
Do people even know that the spinning wheel was designed by Latrell Sprewell for his Sprewell Racing wheel line? It was cut and produced by Davin as all his other wheels are but the original design came from him as an idea for his Lamborghini. The first set manufactured was for his Lexus luxury car-not his Escalade. they only came in 18 and 20 at the time 22+ were made for suv's. The wheels are priced for the common man not to be able to afford because they weren't meant for the common man to buy. They're exclusive- he only makes 500 sets a year and every year one different spinning wheel design with his name. Now that the history lesson is over I say this, Wheels, paint schemes, and all other mods are an expression of the owner and their personality. In simple terms, a matter of opinion and everybody has one. I find it ironic that a wheel designed by a racing wheel designer can catch so much static from racing enthusiasts. Racing isn't the thing for everyone. For the people who say they're not meant for luxury cars-Lexus is luxury. For the ones who say they're ugly-your opinion. For the ones who say they're ghetto- Good. Cuz I'm from the ghetto and not ashamed. Is that a problem? People here don't know real ghetto people. I do. What I also know is none the people who preach what's ghetto here would have the nuts to call them or anything they say or do ghetto to their face. Let one try it. We'll see a "What ever happened to such and such" thread not long after.
Well I am from the Ghetto myself brah (Enlsey in Bham Ala.) Thats has nothing to do with taste, preference and style. If you are from the hood, then you know some of our people tend to like frontin as if they are doing big things when they are not. (Example, guy going out buying a Caprice and turning it into a Tonka Truck by slapping 24" wheels on the car while he works at Burger King>>>) I know my peoples and to be honest I call people what they are on net and in face. Knock off spinners are ghetto fabulous and thats my opinion.

I thank you for the history lesson but you are missing the point, people are not doggin out Spreewell's or Davin's. They are doggin out the cats who run out and buy F.A.S.A. (fake azz spinners adapters), put them on chrome wheels that are cheaply made and extremely heavy and feel they are balling. Thats not balling thats posing. Its no different from the Civic example I gave a sec ago. There are some F.A.S.R. (fake *** street racers) on these boards and I call them Rice O Roni's. I like "Real Spinners" and the New types out that sit still as the wheel moves. Don't feel like I am insulted your taste, because I am not. Just clearing up the air before the anymore misunderstandings come about.
Old 02-04-2004, 01:38 AM

I'm not insulted and I don't want you to feel insulted either. I get your point, but my point is it's like you said. 24" wheels on a box Chevy is ghetto-true. Why? Because the wheels are worth more than the car and it makes the car look like Bigfoot. But I can relate cuz the guy's doin the best he can with what he has. Let's be real. A '95 Max in perfect condition and low mileage is worth what- $7000? Chome Spree's cost $10,000. If I buy set today and total my car tomorrow all I get back is 7 grand. If I'm lucky they may prorate the value of the wheels and give me some of that back but I doubt it. I don't fake break, front or anything like that. The reason I get adaptors is because I can't afford the real thing. Do the math- your from the hood. With all the ways to lose them(car wreck, theft) would you rather lose 10 grand or 1? My adaptors were stolenand I was hot about 1 grand. Somebody would have had to die over 10 grand. It just doesn't make sense to spend that kinda cheese on something your gone ride on everyday. In my opinion it's not frontin', it's making do with what you have and livin' within your means, and I been doin' that all my life.

By the way, all spinning wheels are the same in principle. Adaptor or not they assemble the same and mount the same. With an adaptor you actually get to choose your wheel rather than having to take the wheel Davin, Dub,etc. sell you. Chopper now makes wheel and spinner combos. The only real difference is the quality of craftmanship. Lots of times, as with anything else, all your really paying for is the name. Davins are only expensive because they cut Sprewells. Sprewells are expensive because of their name and limited production. Dubs are expensive because they are made by Davin. They all do the same thing. It's like buying an Escalade when you can spend 10 grand less and get a Yukon Denali. Same truck,different name.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:14 PM

listen man spinners are the **** if your trying to buy some i have a set of 20" gen-x matrix with spintek stunnaz for sale , pm me and ill send u pics
Old 02-11-2004, 07:15 PM

here is a pic
http://www.20inches.org/cars/nissan/AmitMaxima.htm
Old 02-15-2004, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by foetray
Check out www.superbuytires.com or www.wayneswheels.net. Make sure that any spinner you buy uses a dual bearing setup. They spin smoother and longer. Spintek, Diablo, and Chopper do for a fact.
Chopper spinners have dual bearing setups but the Spintek and Diablo don't. I am very sure of that because I've known people with the different types of spinners. I used to work at (C.A.R.R.S.S.) which is located in Richmond, VA, so I no a little bit about these different spinners. I also own a set of 20 inch Chopper SP-10 spinners and have them mounted to a set of 20 inch Kaotik Exclusive rims. The rims have a dish to them so my spinners sit in flush unlike some people who will put them on a rim with no dish whatsoever and have them sticking out. That, in my opinion, looks like crap. And for all of the ignorant comments I may receive, I don't care what you think, It's my car. I got enough ignorant comments when I posted the pictures of my car with the 21 inch rims. By the way, this is Max79 under my brothers screenname.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:37 AM
350 Detroit Muscle

Originally Posted by Xplayboy69x