Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

New Tires - 95 SE

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004 | 07:55 AM

New Tires - 95 SE

I am still running the stock Goodyear Eagle RS-As which have 53,200 miles mainly highway miles on them. I can probably get a few more miles out of the fronts (8 or 9 k) and a little more out of the rears (15 k) Is it recommended to change all 4 at once? If I buy just 2 I am inclined to put them on the front. I can't rotate the tires as I had a blowout some time back and the right rear only has about 8,000 miles on it. The car is not driven in snow or ice.

What tires would you put on this car? It has no suspension mods and is a 5-speed, with recently installed Y-pipe and K&N panel air filter.

The existing tires are 215-60R-15 and I have no plans to replace the sawtooth stock wheels.

Considerations so far are:

Falken Ziex ZE-512
Toyo Proxes TPT or TS-1
Pirelli PZero Nero M&S
Dunlop Sport A2
Yokohama Avid H4
Kumho Ecsta Supra 712

I want a car that does not compromise the vehicles handling and it musn't be too loud when cruising.

Which would you choose? Any others worthy of consideration? I have excluded the Michelin Pilot Sport tires because of cost and am inclilned not to go back to the Goodyear Eagles.
Old 07-08-2004 | 11:34 AM

Well so far the response to my query has been underwhelming. Perhaps I have listed to many alternatives and to broad a quality spectrum. Someone told me last night that Continental are a good tire for my car, but I'm not sure what type of Continental. Anyway, anybody have any comments on the above tires and Continental?
The preferred tire should be good in rainy conditions as there is a lot of it where I am from, particularly November through March/April.

Thanks
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-13-2004 | 01:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Of course it is best to replace them all at once LOL But if you can't, then put the new tires on the front (you can't get the money together by the time you drive another 8-9000 miles?).
I have some Continental Extreme tires on my Mustang (is that a bad word 245/45ZR/17's, and they grip great, rain or shine. I don't know how Conti's would do on your Max though; best to go to Tirerack.com, and look at reviews for the tire size you want, and go from there.

BTW, you have a badass car, even in stock form. A 5-speed Max is a dream! Hope this helps . . .